Advice On My Led/autoflower Grow

• Thread starter GreenGobblin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Here's some autos I'm doing for fun while I'm waiting for my mother plants to grow. I've bent the tops right down, and it's hard to see but I've got that light right down among the plants, getting light to the lower branches and encouraging them to grow upwards

IMG 20180312 213107

G

GreenGobblin

Fabric pots will do fine but if you're planning to do LST then I would personally go with plastic pots with a lip on top. Gives you something to tie to with your garden wire. Fan speed controllers are good, but you may very well find that your fan will make a horrible screeching noise as the motor struggles to turn because of the decreased voltage passing through it. If you haven't got a ph meter, get one. You will need it, and think of it as an investment rather than an expense; don't buy a cheap one. If it's red or yellow and reasonably priced then move on. You can get by without but I've found an EC meter to be invaluable. If you have hard water you will never be able to accurately apply nutrients to your water. You mentioned you want maximum potency and yield, so I'm wondering why you're not just growing in straight coco/perlite? They're autos, and you're gonna LST them, they will grow faster in coco, more branches :)

Edit: welcome to the farm!

Thank you! And I'm thinking about plastic pots because it is easier to drill holes. I just hear fabric pots increase rooting naturally and i was assuming the fabric would let the soil dry faster in case I over water but.. yeah I want to try coco perlite but i dont eant to spend more money on nutes until I get about a harvest or two. I' asking for advice for the long but this first one I just want to get a decent quality harvest. Most of my friends always over nutrient everything and i figure a good mixed soil with a bit if nutrients may help but i know most of you have done this before ;)

Madvillian

Madvillian

Personally, I’d throw 2 photos in there and keep them small. I think autos may be too sensitive for what you want to do. When I first started I figured “autos are the quickest way to learn” and my god was I wrong. Lol

G

GreenGobblin

So fan if I want to put more plants into the tent ( for variety of smoke ) would I just use smaller containers though? I know 2 plants is probably best but i kind of wanted to cram 4 in or something, cycle them Idk..

45North

45North

I have to say that my experience with autos is that they didn’t want much. Straight from my rooting pod to FF ocean forest. It had plenty on nutrition in it.
I bet it will still cannibalize itself in the end.
Use a 5Gal. Pot as a minimum.
If you are going to stagger, do it strain specifically and you shouldn’t have a problem because the photo time doesn’t change, and it leaves room for the growth to catch up to the more mature ones in the tent.
45N

dan1989

dan1989

Personally, I’d throw 2 photos in there and keep them small. I think autos may be too sensitive for what you want to do. When I first started I figured “autos are the quickest way to learn” and my god was I wrong. Lol

With you on that one. The problem with autos is that you get no real time to fix any problems. A big disadvantage for a new grower, and very disheartening.

G

GreenGobblin

I was thinking plant 1-2 autos and germinate 2 photoperiods and do some HARD LST/topping while the autos grow and then let them veg an extra couple weeks and flower out. Not sure though I'm open to suggestions for sure

45North

45North

Read the breeder notes about scrog, nutes, and watering schedule.
Most are very informative.
I’m putting my autos outside in about a month. 2-3 weeks apart. They should be finished by the time criddlers start looking over fences.
45N

G

GreenGobblin

With you on that one. The problem with autos is that you get no real time to fix any problems. A big disadvantage for a new grower, and very disheartening.
I'l probably go with staggering autos first and photos flowering shortly after them. I need some good GSC seeds :). I have white cookies photos I will run with the autos. I might as well cram 2 auto and 2 photo becaude ive seen how autos literally flower before photos are barely vegging yet haha

G

GreenGobblin

Read the breeder notes about scrog, nutes, and watering schedule.
Most are very informative.
I’m putting my autos outside in about a month. 2-3 weeks apart. They should be finished by the time criddlers start looking over fences.
45N

Yeah the spring brings new problems haha. I grow Reishi and other cancer fighting fungi and I've got squirrels messing with all my logs. Is be so scared to do an outdoor grow in my yard we don' have a high good fence

Edit: buddies clones got eaten by squirrels last year too

45North

45North

I was thinking plant 1-2 autos and germinate 2 photoperiods and do some HARD LST/topping while the autos grow and then let them veg an extra couple weeks and flower out. Not sure though I'm open to suggestions for sure
Don’t
You will be looking at 8+ weeks of veg on those photos.
Either way one will suffer.
Start the photos at the end (2d half )of autos .

G

GreenGobblin

I was thinking of trying an auto run between may-aug outdoors just to see how they do compared to indoor ( I expect 40%
Don’t
You will be looking at 8+ weeks of veg on those photos.
Either way one will suffer.
Start the photos at the end (2d half )of autos .
So start germinating around flush time? I need to get a 4x4 :(

G

GreenGobblin

The more I learn about autos the more I want 1 veg tent and 2 staggered flowering tents :p

( for photo p )

45North

45North

I ran a blueberry in my tent during flower 12/12 in a 3gal pot=2.5 oz
I expect more with a bigger pot and more light
Nirvana blueberry automatic
Taste and smell of Boo Berry :)
Lasts @ 2hrs
That freebie was so popular that I had to buy

G

GreenGobblin

I ran a blueberry in my tent during flower 12/12 in a 3gal pot=2.5 oz
I expect more with a bigger pot and more light

What's your opinion on my lighting? I'm going to hang my viparspectra center and then wrap the led strips around the middle and down a bit. I read viparspectra lacks some red that' why I got the strips for supplement about 7 metre total..

Edit I'm thinking of making pvc crossbars in the tent and stretching on there but i could also ghetto rig something with yoyo straps to hang along the perimeter of the tent

45North

45North

If I run high blue my plants stay squatty with tight nodes
High red may make them stretch
Buy the full spectrum leds, way cheaper than grow to supplement light.
Rock hard marble buds = too much blue
Airy = too much red

G

GreenGobblin

If I run high blue my plants stay squatty with tight nodes
High red may make them stretch
Buy the full spectrum leds, way cheaper than grow to supplement light.
Rock hard marble buds = too much blue
Airy = too much red

My viparspectra is full spectrum I've judt been told to supplement with the full spectrum led strips In case

Madvillian

Madvillian

I use a 300w ledgle for my 3x3 clone/ seedling tent. I like it because I can control the spectrum a bit better, she has a leaf (blue) and a bloom (Red) switch and still throws UV/IR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom