• Coco, perlite, organic, ph, EC, nutrients

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better than soil in terms of quantity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Northernpop

Northernpop

Hi guys,

I've always grown in soil, organically, but I fancy a go at hempy buckets. I've bought an EC and ph stick and will buy the hydro ionic nutrients with micro heard amendments probably.

Big question - Coco or perlite? I'm thinking coco in a 20 litre bucket per girl.

Any advice will be appreciated !!

Happy growing.

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

It's up to you. Coco is great to grow in and many people love it. If you've never grown in coco before i recommend trying it, however if you're goal is to explore the hempy model i think perlite and/or vermiculite are more standard. I pretty much love all soilless/hydro substrates, and coco is no exception. It's super easy, isn't dirty like soil, gives hydro quality buds, and is hard to screw up if you follow the basic rules of coco. Have you ever grown in coco? If not, you should try it. People can be fanatical about coco and you might be one of those people.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Have you ever grown in coco? If not, you should try it. People can be fanatical about coco and you might be one of those people.

No, never. Is it as easy as setting up buckets with a drain hole two inches from bottom, and ph and ec your feeds?

Cheers pal !!

Daikokuten

Daikokuten

No, never. Is it as easy as setting up buckets with a drain hole two inches from bottom, and ph and ec your feeds?

Cheers pal !!
You definitely could do that. You could also do any number of variations. If you want to use the bucket, use the bucket. The only thing i would consider would be making a psuedo reservoir with perlite in the bottom of a large fabric pot. Fabric pots allow for much larger plants and buds. Now, don't think I'm telling you to go fabric pot, do whatever you want I'm just saying the only other version you might want to run and why it could be better or worse for you.

With coco you'll want to water earlier than with soil. I tend to tell newer gardeners as soon as you see some dry coco on top, water. Or follow a set schedule. With the bucket i would stick with a wet dry cycle and hope she roots out fast so you can water her daily, then twice daily.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Feeding twice daily is almost a requirement as the plants get bigger. My plants have been vegging for almost a month. Currently in #2 pots and feeding 500ppm, twice a day. The more low ppm feedings you can get in a day, the faster growth you'll get. My last run, I was feeding 4 times a day by the end of flower in #3 pots. Less than $100 will get you a res, pump, timer (minute minimum, not short interval), tubing, and fittings to build an auto watering setup. Auto watering and coco go together like peas and carrots. Once you get it all dialed in, it's just cruise control monitoring/adjusting ph and ppm daily.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Dunno if anyones mentioned it or if its already known but just incase... you should put a layer of either perlite or clay pebbles at the bottom.fill it until its an inch or so above the drain hole in the side.so your mediums not sat in the water at the bottom.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Hey guys, I've been researching hydro culture, and I don't think it's an option for me. My grow room is around 72-86*f and that's too hot for the water isn't it?

Peace out !!

Latest posts

Top Bottom