Afternoon Delight /300w Led/scrog

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Thx @Erick31876. I was thinking about the similarly that my grows share as far as distintinctions in health development. I always slightly overfeed my plants during flowering and that snowballs into more unique problems like leaves turning golden and crispy, black spots, leaves turning yellow then falling off etc.

I'm using happy frog soil and fox farm nutrients where normally I would use Roots organic soil and cns17 (a magical formula to behold). Solution: I'll halve the ferts on their regular feeding schedule.

Northernpop

Northernpop

IMG 0332
Hi guys. I've been growing for over 20 years, and because I can only grow 4 females in my 2ft x 3ft x 5ft cupboard atm, I've scrogged for a few years now. You have to be patient, but I flip when the net is about 3/4 full of shoots. Keep tucking for a week or so into the stretch, then just keep the lights at the optimum distance, and you should manage a great harvest.

I keep the net about a foot and a bit above the pots, top the girls at 1 foot tall, then lollipop, gently. They still need to make energy.

This is my scrog on the first day of the flip (White Critical Express Feminised) - great scrogger. I'd avoid autos as you can't control/train them as you'd like.

Happy growing !!

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

So I'm going to top them soon and a question comes up. Should I only top them once? Bearing in mind that all 4 of the plants' branches will be trained horizontaly under a net and that the canopy may be overcrowded by the time I figure out what's male and female, it's iffy. What do you all think?

20181108 070527
20181108 070550
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

In all honesty, I've never accomplished a proper scrog before even though it's my favorite method but I will this time by deploying the net this early in the veg stage. 2.5 inches is the tallest the 4 trunks will become. This is just after FIMing.

Edit: maybe I'll raise the height a little

20181108 082704
Last edited:
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

On my last grow, I flowered 3 females that were very overcrowded and got over 4 oz. dried and cured. The scrOG method was completely wrong as the branches were not trained horizontaly.

If I get anything less than 3 ounces out of a single female plant on this grow, I'll be dissapointed. I hope it's a high yielding strain.

20181010 192339
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Does anyone else suspect that the short and scrawny plant will be the only female of the 4 plants?

I recieved my 2×30w leds to supplement my 300w LED for flowering and still waiting on the cfls I ordered. When I get my cfls, the plants can veg out on over 400w of bulb power.

Day 21

20181111 073410
20181109 173001
Last edited:
WattSaver

WattSaver

Nice looking grow. Hope you don't mind a couple of comments.
If the seeds came from dispensary weed then most likely it was hermie pollen not a real male. So all your plants are female.
2nd Don't set screen yet, top first. Need at least 7" pot to screen (12 is better) for access to water / trim / etc
Best of luck with your grow.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Nice looking grow. Hope you don't mind a couple of comments.
If the seeds came from dispensary weed then most likely it was hermie pollen not a real male. So all your plants are female.
2nd Don't set screen yet, top first. Need at least 7" pot to screen (12 is better) for access to water / trim / etc
Best of luck with your grow.
I did FIM them all except for the shortest one already but I see what your saying.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I was going to keep posting on a weekly basis but I have a possible before-update and a lingering question. It seems like I should do some defoling of the bottom fan leaves since everything looks tight and cramped imo.

I read that this strain is slow to veg and a finicky grower and I could see what they mean now. I recieved the extra cfls I ordered and added them making the entire rig burn much hotter. I had to raise the lights on a temperature-related basis. The chewed up leaves on the tops of the plants are the aftermath of FIMing. I also had an accident with my shop vac on one of the plants.

So what I'm waiting for is 4 main shoots out of each plant to establish themselves and I'm wondering if defoling some large fan leaves on the bottoms of each plant would help move this process forward.

VEG DAY 27

20181117 194703
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was going to keep posting on a weekly basis but I have a possible before-update and a lingering question. It seems like I should do some defoling of the bottom fan leaves since everything looks tight and cramped imo.

I read that this strain is slow to veg and a finicky grower and I could see what they mean now. I recieved the extra cfls I ordered and added them making the entire rig burn much hotter. I had to raise the lights on a temperature-related basis. The chewed up leaves on the tops of the plants are the aftermath of FIMing. I also had an accident with my shop vac on one of the plants.

So what I'm waiting for is 4 main shoots out of each plant to establish themselves and I'm wondering if defoling some large fan leaves on the bottoms of each plant would help move this process forward.

VEG DAY 27
Shop vac can loose control if your not paying attention! Lol.

Erick31876

Erick31876

Them shop vacs are dangerous, lol. Dont feel bad, when i first got my hps light it fell crushing 2 of my plants.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

VEG DAY 27
That method is kinda screwed up. You’re adding wattages to get more light and pull the lights higher to get less heat. With cfls too. In the end you are just adding wattages and heat but don’t get much more light.
Cfls are pretty soft on plants ime. Even tho your hand gets warm under a cfl or floro, plants seem like they don’t mind in many cases.
Even if they do care then why not take couple of them of off and keep it closer. Cfl penetration is not very good anyway.
If you had led or hid it would be different.
By the way it looks great. Nice tight nodes and looking healthy and bushy. Congrats.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

That method is kinda screwed up. You’re adding wattages to get more light and pull the lights higher to get less heat. With cfls too. In the end you are just adding wattages and heat but don’t get much more light.
Cfls are pretty soft on plants ime. Even tho your hand gets warm under a cfl or floro, plants seems like they don’t mind in many cases.
Even if they do care then why not take couple of them of off and keep it closer. Cfl penetration is not very good anyway.
If you had led or hid it would be different.
By the way it looks great. Nice tight nodes and looking healthy and bushy. Congrats.
Yeah of course I thought about what I would lose by needing to raise the lights. They're 8 inches away and I figure that is not so far of a distance. I was told by many experienced grower's in previous scrogs that I should raise these cfls to 18 inches or more to acquire stretch during vegging. But they are cfls and need to be kept close which is why I always took that advice very lightly.

Top Bottom