Age Old Organics

• Thread starter DowNwithDirT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

IrishBoy

It also means it can be mostly chems with very little organic ingredients. It is sort of like saying something is made with "natural" ingredients - it doesn't mean jack shit. I can tell you right now there is no way in hell that ANYTHING with numbers as high as Age Old is actually organic.

yes the NPK is a dead give away and the smell is even more of a give away. theirs no way in hell you can have seaweed and fish and not smell it. its just a misleading name. they got in trouble back in the day saying they were 100$ organic and had to change their old labels. if trying to go organic, making ur own teas in best or building ur own soil like subcools super soil is best. even the General organics isnt 100% organic but its allot more then age old.

stuff still works but just wanted to let you guys know that think ur keeping it organic you really arnt. pissed me off to find this out after i bought some and wasted my money because i was trying to keep it organic.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I'm aware thats why once a week I sub out the nutes for a tea....usually brew up earth worm castings, indonesian guano, kelp meal, and some alfalfa meal

I

IrishBoy

I'm aware thats why once a week I sub out the nutes for a tea....usually brew up earth worm castings, indonesian guano, kelp meal, and some alfalfa meal

good stuff. look into humic acid its great stuff to add to ur feedings.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I call it all semi organic...hahhaha

make for some fire nugget

bubbad3.jpg
ftosty1.jpg
og56.jpg
pk7.jpg
pk61.jpg

true grit

true grit

ya AO isnt all that much organic, thats why the NPK is so high because of the salts, i noticed right away because it did have a organic smell, trust me when fish and seaweed are added u will smell it.lol. called them and its only organic based.

Yes its organic and natural based, but i seriously dont believe its any less organic than any other "organic" nutes. Its NOP certified and member of other Organics programs, which like OMRI just means they met a minimum criteria. Believe OMRI just means its 51% organic.

It also means it can be mostly chems with very little organic ingredients. It is sort of like saying something is made with "natural" ingredients - it doesn't mean jack shit. I can tell you right now there is no way in hell that ANYTHING with numbers as high as Age Old is actually organic.

Thats what it COULD mean. But no one here knows that. How could numbers that high not be possible? Its a concentrate from guanos and kelp..not raggin but pretty sure I see guanos and kelps on the shelves with higher NPK values than Age Old has. Concentration levels would obviously be different, but just values doesn't mean much. Just like 1 bottle of 0-2-4 could be completely different in concentration than another 0-2-4. I've made soils and helped make full organic teas that would blow Age Old numbers away. Just saying, its just as organic as anything else 'called' organic out there. OMRI don't mean shit either.

yes the NPK is a dead give away and the smell is even more of a give away. theirs no way in hell you can have seaweed and fish and not smell it. its just a misleading name. they got in trouble back in the day saying they were 100$ organic and had to change their old labels. if trying to go organic, making ur own teas in best or building ur own soil like subcools super soil is best. even the General organics isnt 100% organic but its allot more then age old.

stuff still works but just wanted to let you guys know that think ur keeping it organic you really arnt. pissed me off to find this out after i bought some and wasted my money because i was trying to keep it organic.

Correct, i never believed it was 100% but nor do I believe anything is 100%. Again, aggressive organic pk boosts just simply mean guano concentrates or teas- which again can be more aggressive that Age Old by far. I was working on trying to put together an organic boost similar to that of MOAB- well, i was able to find the goods to get pretty close and that shit is nuts high.

But I do definitely agree, if you want as close as you can get to full organic teas and super soils are definitely where its at. The problem there lies in lack of specific control, works for some folks time after time, but i like being able to tinker.

And there is no reason to scare people away from a perfectly fine, and very well performing "organic" nutrient because no one knows how organic it is, nor what else is in it. Assumptions based off smell, numbers, etc are far less than concrete and like i said earlier- no organic is full organic these days, take the good with teh bad if you are buying bottled nutes and try to find the closest to your goal.

I

IrishBoy

i told everyone it works good but dont think its 100% organic. and theirs synthetics put in it just like the company told me. IMO the smell will tell a big part of organic or how much synthetic is in it. fish isnt easy to cover up. the things that are in age old dont hold that high of numbers and their no guanos in age old. feather meal might old a high nuber but not that high, sea weed is mostly K.. either way i dont care. all i am saying is its not 100% organic and if thats a problem then teas and making soils should be looked at. i am all about teas and the micro life. i never tried to scare anyone away from AO just told the truth that others might not have know like when i 1st bought it. everything i have said is honest and i have been told it has chems in it from the company once i asked them, feel free to ask them.

I

IrishBoy

IMO General organics has better seaweed that is cold processes, its dosent cook out the some of the 70 minerals, growth hormones, cytokinin, auxins, vitamins, and enzymes. the GO stuff is nice and thick green and u use 1/2 tsp per gal. the AO is thinner because its brewed and cooked witch can cook out allot of the good stuff including the cytokinin's .

the AO mycorrhizal is good stuff and so is their humic acid. a company called Xtreme-Gardening makes some great organic stuff also specially their Mykos. Bountea seems to be great also if you dont like making a tea from scratch. its all about the roots and micro life. mycorrhizal is great stuff to add, but warning slta will kill off micro life and so will PH up and down.. good organics dont need to be PH'ed, only ones with salts and chems do because they will kill off the good guys in the soil that will do this for you.

D

Dulce

So to bump an old thread.....

I am going to start a test cycle running age old. My question is that I am going to ph to 6.2- is this where you all had it??

D

Dulce

Anybody?? Anybody??

What is the best PH to set for running Age Old in soil/soiless?

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I'm running AO inside. Berger BM6 is the medium ( similar to sunshine and pro-mix but about 10% more peat). I use GO Cal-Mag and botanicare seaplex and just add FF Big Bloom. The bud size is great and the quality looks great!! I hear it does great in a drip system.

Patanjali

Patanjali

i told everyone it works good but dont think its 100% organic. and theirs synthetics put in it just like the company told me. IMO the smell will tell a big part of organic or how much synthetic is in it. fish isnt easy to cover up. the things that are in age old dont hold that high of numbers and their no guanos in age old. feather meal might old a high nuber but not that high, sea weed is mostly K.. either way i dont care. all i am saying is its not 100% organic and if thats a problem then teas and making soils should be looked at. i am all about teas and the micro life. i never tried to scare anyone away from AO just told the truth that others might not have know like when i 1st bought it. everything i have said is honest and i have been told it has chems in it from the company once i asked them, feel free to ask them.
^^^^^ I have to agree with this.

I had to double check, I thought I was in the hydro section with all this bottle talk. Liquid kelp? Leonardite humic acids? pH adjusting? Hell no!!! Build a good soil and quit making the hydrostores rich. Cannabis is a plant, nothing more nothing less. Last time I checked they were not pH'ing the redwoods or applying liquid fertilizer. Mother nature has this down, she's been doing it for billions of years. Stay out of her way.

P-

View attachment onestraw.pdf
chronic68

chronic68

i do not recommend general organics to anyone.im using it now and its a good nute dont get me wrong but im switching to somthing else since i found out its owned by monsanto and i try to limit how much money i give them and try to discourage there attempts at taking over the weed market there kinda the devil. definitely considering AOO for my next grow thank for putting good info out there about it hard to find too much on them

Latest posts

Top Bottom