Air Pots with CoCo

• Thread starter Stu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Stu

Has anyone used these Air Pots in a CoCo run?

If so what are your likes dislikes about them. Did you notice a quicker growth ? Larger harvest ? Im interested.

stu :joint:

S

Stu

Just did a little more in depth reading. It seems like the smart pots are more popular. If you are using these pots as well I would love to hear what you think about them.

B

bluewaves

its very simple stu...its the least forgiving for hydro runs...i use it on drain to waste...i run the readygro soiless medium in 2 gal smart pots on a drip table...

S

SSJERRY

I switched to smart pots a little different pot but same philosophy with air and oxygen being able to get to the root mass easier. They work great so i would think the air pots would do well also. I think cleaning could be a pain in the arse though. With the smart pots you just throw in the washing machine with a non-chlorine cleaner or use a 1/8 cup of 32%h2o2 in the rinse cycle with warm water come out clean and sterile.

H

hbstoner

smartpots and coco works great. i dont run perlite like a lot of people do, but its near impossible to over water. In full flower with 3 Gal 4' plants, i water once a day.

B

budfactorX

air pots are the one. the root growth is excellerated and no circling what so ever, i was astonished the first time i opened one up after harvest to see millions of root tips, as far as crop size is concerned i feel theres not much difference, but growth speed and plant quality are highly improved.

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

i ran the 5 gallon air pots for a while, they didn't seem to live up to all they claimed. i didn't have any root circling problems or any thing bad along those lines, but did have a few critters get into the air pot holes. they had a slight improvement over the black poly grow bag, but not much

using the root pots, almost the same thing as the smart pots, i have seem HUGE improvements. i believe the allow a lot more air flow to the roots. i have been using the root pots for over a year now, and i still rave about them. i prefer the root pots because they are cheaper.

N

norm

has anyone felt that airpots made they're herb airy? like it made the buds more fluffy and not as dense?
just ran a tree ina 10 gal airpot and the colas tightened up and I got just under a pound off it but all the lowers seemed airy compared to previous runs?

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
has anyone felt that airpots made they're herb airy? like it made the buds more fluffy and not as dense?
just ran a tree ina 10 gal airpot and the colas tightened up and I got just under a pound off it but all the lowers seemed airy compared to previous runs?

First off I have not ran air pots so this is more speculation then first hand experience with an air pot. I have/ do run smart pots which rock. Now that my disclamer is in place there are several more logical posibilities for the air bud. If you have ran several cycles on your lamps then airiy lower buds are a sign of lamp degradation and you just need to relamp. If the plant was bigger/taller then your use to growing the upper growth will shield the lower growth more. Rember vertical light is limited in depth and the closer to a flat canopy you create the better your results will be. Lst/squash/ train the plants early to alow maximum light penitration to lower canopy I would look for something along these lines to be the more likely culprit of air buds. Best of luck
Peace

B

bentley

airpots work great but dry out faster than reg pots and alittle bit harder to move around

T

Trollin

Doing a 5 gallon plastic bucket/airpot/smartpot run to see whats what.

Should be started in a couple weeks, ill put up a follow along thread

D

del66666

im not keen on air pots.but i do 12-12 from seed so i guess they dont get a chance to get root bound...

O

organicfreak

i use with smart pots
enyzmes are a must cause your smart pot will get full of algea...
carfreeenzymes.com has a lake enzyme that very chaep and very potent..STAY AWAY FROM HIGH PRICED HYDRO STORES VERSIONS like hygozymes,senizymes,cannzymes etc.. you will spend tons and use alot and good luck if it even works..

o

NewEngland

NewEngland

I just finished my first grow indoor with Roots Orgranic Coco and Soul Synthetics start to finish. Planted in both smart pots and air pots. same size containers of both throughout the grow. It was my first time so lots of mistakes made but a reasonable recovery at harvest. The air pots require more watering on a same strain apples to apples comparison with Coco. I think the smart pots produced marginally better bud although this was my first grow so many other variables came into play. I'm on my second run now. I have a BlackDog 600 LED and only run a single lamp as it keeps the termperature with three plants perfect at 72-74%. If I turn on both lamps I need to power up the AC. have an ak-49 fem and two as of yet undetermined sex Ducksfoot in flower now. Early week 2. All are planted in 3G smart pots. Will post pics in a week or so.

Uckemfup

Uckemfup

Just did a little more in depth reading. It seems like the smart pots are more popular. If you are using these pots as well I would love to hear what you think about them.

I’m using 3gal smart pots in my grow and they’re amazing. I’m using the tan ones and the black ones and I’d have to say that they both have their advantages. The tan ones drain easier but also let roots grow through the bottom easier as well if drained water isn’t removed soon. I put a layer of perlite in the bottom to help them drain a little better. Coco + smart pots allows me to water daily DTW without overwatering and therefore lets me control the nutrient content of my medium easily.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/sog-10-plants-in-a-4x4.95867/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom