Air Source Question

• Thread starter Kepp89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kepp89

Kepp89

Is it a bad idea to put my (supply) inline hepa filter/fan inside of the air duct for the house? Grow tent is in the basement and there’s a duct directly above it (not a return).

It’s winter time so I don’t want to pull in 10-50 degree F air from outside unless I need to.

I suspect I may eventually run out of what the plant would consider “fresh air” considering an unfinished basement puts the furnace in the same room as everything else — including the exhaust after it goes through the carbon filter. Tent and furnace are on opposite ends of the floor.

Am I just being paranoid about this or am I best suited to also utilize the window ~10 feet from my tent and figure out the temps from there?

Thanks

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Is it a bad idea to put my (supply) inline hepa filter/fan inside of the air duct for the house? Grow tent is in the basement and there’s a duct directly above it (not a return).

It’s winter time so I don’t want to pull in 10-50 degree F air from outside unless I need to.

I suspect I may eventually run out of what the plant would consider “fresh air” considering an unfinished basement puts the furnace in the same room as everything else — including the exhaust after it goes through the carbon filter. Tent and furnace are on opposite ends of the floor.

Am I just being paranoid about this or am I best suited to also utilize the window ~10 feet from my tent and figure out the temps from there?

Thanks

I don’t think you’ll run out of fresh air. I had a room in my basement for years and never had any issues. Just keep the RH under control and temps in the right range for your lights. Exchange the air a couple times per minute or run co2 in a sealed tent if you want to boost your yield.

Kepp89

Kepp89

Thanks I have a 189 CFM exhaust for a 34x34x63 room so I should have plenty for that. Thanks. Had to google to figure out the air exchange.

As for CO2 if I just get a bottle with a sensor release — what do I do at lights out? Do I have to turn it off or will it be ok at night? I know night = oxygen, day = CO2 But how detrimental would it be if it’s 24/7?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Only run co2 with the lights on. They exhaust co2 when they are sleeping.

Top Bottom