All Mental Illness Patients!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter WORF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WORF

WORF

Hello every one my name is worf I started this thread for it to be a place where other patients can come tell there story's recommend strains and last but definitely not least this thread is for support!!!

I my self am a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and have been all my life I have found real promise in many strains regarding my ailment and a recent visit from a loved one whom also suffers from PS made me think on how important it was to support others the best I can with mental illness this is my first step in my plan .

So if you suffer from any mental illness please please please do not hesitate to contact me for infoirmation , or just a ear. And a shoulder!

Peace and love
WORF

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My family has a deep and rich history of mental illness. All but one other close family member already have or should have diagnoses. OCD, bipolar, personality disorders, PS. Frankly, I'm amazed that I don't seem to suffer, at least from clinical depression. I used to have problems back during my reproductive days, a black cloud would descend and I had no control over it. So I'd smoke weed and let it all go. Little did I know my self-medication was truly medication!

I wish I could have used cannabis for my Touretter boy.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yoda welcome matt

I suffer from depression at times. I find that indie heavy strains really mess with me, it increases lethargy, withdrawn etc. I gravitate toward satie hybrids that have just enough indie to tone down the racing heart and keep the paranoia in my head in balance.

Welcome to the Farm

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

I'm most likely BP (mom and grandmother diagnosed and their's def something wrong with me)
Interesting that you bring this up as I just recently looked into the long term side affects of Abilify and said "fuck this shit" Been five days with no meds (I think I was on some of the wrong ones anyway) and starting to feel ok. Eerily like being dope sick. Anywho, I had to cut some mold off my Pot of Gold and was able to trim out of that some smokable stuff, just got a taste and goddamn does it level me off. Looked it up on leafly and someone else was saying the same. Wish it wasn't so prone to mold, I'm holding 68-80F and 30-45RH and cutting mold after every watering.

WORF

WORF

@jumpincactus thank you for the warm welcome i appreciate it i agree on some that some indies having not so productive side effects in some who suffer from depression i am glad that you have found meds that suite your chemistry and helps relief some of the weight good luck to you keep in touch my new friend

peace
WORF

ps great balance of relaxation and motivation a good Chemdog #4 or something like stardawg would be good seeing you prefer sativa dominant meds also i have a friend who likes to mix his meds example in a bowl he will mix some bubba with a little chem to balance out but any who good luck and good health!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

im diagnosed with bi-polar and on meds (even tho I doubt they work, but when I stop I know that they "were" working"). medicating on the green that I grow helps me out a lot. it calms me and relaxes me even more than my prescribed pharmaceuticals. but I cant smoke all the time or even daily.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's extremely difficult to admit this, but it must be done. I probably would have beaten the living shit out of my kids had I not been able to smoke a bowl and chill the fuck out. As it was, I was too physical with them for a while anyway, so I took parenting classes. The kind that most people are court-ordered to attend, but I couldn't let it get that far so I asked their pediatrician for help. When I bruised my son's butt, I realized I had a really BAD problem and had to get a handle on it before it happened again.

Ok, I'm ready for what may come. I know it was wrong, that's why I did everything I could to control it.

I don't think I've ever made the full admission publicly.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Shit happens
Some people don't realize it before it's way too late if at all
There was an issue, you noticed it and took corrective measures. Ain't nothing to beat yourself up over.

My dad never laid a hand on me, but he told me I would grow up to be a crackhead with aids when I was around 12. That did way more damage to me than an ass whooping would have.

WORF

WORF

@seemaiden i commend you for this not to many people would have the balls in this case the eggs to do what you have done today! thank you thank you!!! i am sure some one else will come on here read your post and in some way connect to it my therapist used to always ask me .... are you having thought of hurting your self or others right now?
the mental torture can be overwhelming at times and we tend to connect the pain with individuals no matter who they are if the set of a trigger un-knowingly they become a enemy for better lack of words of are peace of self. im SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!! that you have overcame this for the love of your kids !! you have my respect! i don't know you personal so i cant really be certain but from this post i would say your a GREAT MOM!!!!

WORF

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

It's extremely difficult to admit this, but it must be done. I probably would have beaten the living shit out of my kids had I not been able to smoke a bowl and chill the fuck out. As it was, I was too physical with them for a while anyway, so I took parenting classes. The kind that most people are court-ordered to attend, but I couldn't let it get that far so I asked their pediatrician for help. When I bruised my son's butt, I realized I had a really BAD problem and had to get a handle on it before it happened again.

Ok, I'm ready for what may come. I know it was wrong, that's why I did everything I could to control it.

I don't think I've ever made the full admission publicly.

Thank you Seamaiden ... your openness will surely help readers think about things they should address. I bet you felt a huge burden or whatever lift from your presence. The past is just that. It was a demon within you ... not you ... we all have demons within us ... and what powerful demons they are ... your a demon slayer Seamaiden ... some of us fight demons constantly ... you were stronger than it ... and your a wonderful person for doing what you did and for sharing with us.

I have a brain injury and several related issues ... take to many meds ... not only to many ... their are no meds for brain injury so they really dont work very well. There are strains of cannabis that have been medically researched in Israel since 1972 or so and do work. Where has most of the rest of world been?

For me, perhaps because of the brain injury, it is not as simple as typical results from an idica or sativa. For sleep it is easy for me to know what will work. During my waking hours it can be a toss up / flip of the coin to decide which may work best. Research is desperately needed. And keep the FDA and Pharmaceutical companies OUT!

Last edited by a moderator:
WORF

WORF

@theseekeroft i was reading a article about how cbd is being tested to help brain injury .... i would suggest a cbd rich strain not a cross but straight cbd rich lineage i also found this nice tidbit ---------;););)

Research suggests a direct role of marijuana compounds in treating traumatic brain injuries

TruthOnPot.com – The activity of marijuana may help repair the brain after traumatic injury, according to new research from Spain.

Scientists found that pathways in the brain associated with marijuana (cannabinoid receptors) were also responsible for the effects of a chemical called minocycline.

The results were released last week in the Oxford journal Cerebral Cortex.

“Our findings confirm that minocycline decreases brain damage caused by traumatic brain injury… the activation of cannabinoid receptors is required for the neuroprotective actions of this compound.”

Inflammation is believed to contribute to brain damage that occurs after a head injury. Earlier studies show that minocycline can protect against this damage.
However, when researchers from the Complutense University of Madrid gave minocycline along with chemicals that block the activity of cannabinoid receptors, its protective effects were prevented.

Interestingly, other studies suggest that marijuana may play a direct role in protecting against brain damage – including research by Professor Yosef Sarne of Israel’s Tel Aviv University.

While still in its early stages, Prof. Sarne told Science Daily that the main chemical in marijuana, THC, showed incredible promise.

“THC could be applicable to many cases of brain injury and be safer over time.”

THC’s anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are thought to protect the brain from further damage following injury.

While THC is also responsible for the marijuana high, Prof. Sarne found it offered significant protection at doses 1,000 to 10,000 times less than that in an average marijuana joint:cool::D

Top Bottom