Am I Missing Anything?

• Thread starter Slappyjack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Slappyjack

Slappyjack

Hey all. Accidentally posted this in the design forum instead of here, so I'm moving it.

I'm getting ready to start my first grow and just looking to see if I'm missing anything. Any input would be appreciated.

48x48x80 tent.
10 gal tote for DWC, and another 10 gal tote as a reservoir. Associated hoses and fittings.
Two tetra air pumps (a 40 and a 100), and stones.
Already built a scrog.
IPower 6" fan and carbon filter and speed controller.
8 HLG QB132 powered by 2 mean-well LRS 350-36's. (Frame is 36"x36")
Timer
pH pen with buffer solution.
TDC pen.
GH3
GH pH up and down
Calimag
3 fans for inside the tent.
Rapid rooter
Hydrotron
Net pot
Ratchet hangers
Humidity/temp monitor
Fem white widows and auto AK47. Starting with WW.

Anything obvious that I'm missing? I'm going to get another tote and run 1 plant per tote with the reservoir topping them both off. The panels in the "cross" will be on for veg. 18.75 watts per square foot. During flower all 8 will be on giving me 37.5w/sqft.

Am i missing anything
GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hey all. Accidentally posted this in the design forum instead of here, so I'm moving it.

I'm getting ready to start my first grow and just looking to see if I'm missing anything. Any input would be appreciated.

48x48x80 tent.
10 gal tote for DWC, and another 10 gal tote as a reservoir. Associated hoses and fittings.
Two tetra air pumps (a 40 and a 100), and stones.
Already built a scrog.
IPower 6" fan and carbon filter and speed controller.
8 HLG QB132 powered by 2 mean-well LRS 350-36's. (Frame is 36"x36")
Timer
pH pen with buffer solution.
TDC pen.
GH3
GH pH up and down
Calimag
3 fans for inside the tent.
Rapid rooter
Hydrotron
Net pot
Ratchet hangers
Humidity/temp monitor
Fem white widows and auto AK47. Starting with WW.

Anything obvious that I'm missing? I'm going to get another tote and run 1 plant per tote with the reservoir topping them both off. The panels in the "cross" will be on for veg. 18.75 watts per square foot. During flower all 8 will be on giving me 37.5w/sqft.
Looks good! Who’s 500 gallon nute bottles are those behind the light?

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

LOL. This wouldn't be my first grow if I had access to that. That's fire fighting foam. The light is actually pointed at a fire engine. I'm not a fan of electricity, so I made sure I was around the proper equipment before I plugged it in for the first time.

madgrower

madgrower

LOL. This wouldn't be my first grow if I had access to that. That's fire fighting foam. The light is actually pointed at a fire engine. I'm not a fan of electricity, so I made sure I was around the proper equipment before I plugged it in for the first time.
Lol that's funny almost was caught with a serious amount of nutes

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Well hell at least you know you will be able to put out a fire if need be! Haha

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

Ha! I wish I had some of that work gear at the house. Don't think I'll need it though. The light powered right up, and it was bright as hell. No arc'n or spark'n.

Probably a good time to state that I'm not able to partake in what I grow. Don't want people thinking the guys on the rig are blazed when they show up. I get tested because my job is DOT regulated. The Wifey and my friends can though.

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

The light developed an issue in that the four corners started flashing (same power supply). I made some one inch spacers out of aluminium tubing to raise the PSs up an inch and help with heat dissipation. Seems to have worked.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Veg setting.
Have you had a Kill a Watt on the QBs (Drivers)? They look like Meanwell LRS-360-36'S for parallel?
I have mine set at 2000Ma a shade under recommended and the supply's fans hardly ever come on. If needed, a small fan blowing on the fixture will help a bit..(Mine are 120-125 on the top plate and 125-135 on the light's face..)..I only run 2 132's on each LRS myself..never had an issue at all. (just a thought)

BEAUTIFUL JOB!!

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

They're LRS 350-36'S. Keep meaning to buy a Kill a Watt, but haven't yet. I've had them on for 5 hours today so far with no cooling. Highest temp on any board is 122 (top side), but I can place my hand in between the PS and panel with no discomfort. Bottom of the PS is 90.

Appreciate the job comment. It was fun to build. I've got plans for the next one already. It'll have 2700k in the corners since I'm only going to use then them for flower anyways.

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

And yeah, they're in parallel with one channel supplyig 2 boards, the other channels supplying one board each. Credit to Tbone shuffle over on Grasscity though. He's been putting links up to these boards and PSs in a ton of threads.

I started by buying a couple of Meizhi 600w (554 at the wall total). Bought this stuff and returned the others after a bunch of reading.

20180327 145820
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I started with Meizhi 450s myself and a Meizhi 300..just sold them to buy more QBs..(for the $$ DAMN good lights imo)
This is a Prototype fixture I made for my 2x Fantom Sunboard alternating 2700 and 4000k (like QBs but 240 diodes and no heatsink up to 2100Ma) in my 10x2 ft veg closet..I used wing nuts since I move stuff around all the time..
As summer approaches, I will add a small fan to keep temps down..
Also used a simple PWM control and meter for $15< each on fleabay..makes things sweet as the built in dimmers on the LRS drivers suck..
(Greenman Pipe watches over all..LOL)
Fixture 2

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Funny..I knew absolutely nothing until I chatted with TBONE..the guy is super..
Saved me a ton..
Since you like to play around..I just added this DIY Far red flower Initiator (idea from Growmau5)..parts from Rapidled and was about $100..added 3 violet UV diodes just for kicks since all are solderless and easy to move around..we shall see..(I like to tinker..LOL)
IMG 0996

Optical spectrum

Snap3

Slappyjack

Slappyjack

Thanks for the dimmer info. That's a concern of mine. I've got plenty of headspace though, so I'll be able to adjust distance as necessary. Dimmers are next on the to do list though. Do you run all QBs now for flower and veg?

Latest posts

Top Bottom