Am I the only one smoking joints at the farm?

• Thread starter uwg13
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

uwg13

I always feel like I'm the only one that still smokes joints these days. Personally I dislike the taste of pipes and bongs. I don't care how much people say bongs or pipes "save" I just find smoking a joint much more enjoyable.

I found a MAPS study and apparently joints have the best tar to thc ratio testing against 7 other devices including bongs and vapes.

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html#6

I wasn't really surprised at the results. I always remembered hearing when i was younger that bongs "filter" out some thc.

I'm not saying bongs are bad I mean bongs filter out all sorts of other things

"Research has shown that water filtration reduces both the amount of particulate matter and the number and quantity of toxic substances in the smoke that passes through it. In a 1963 study by Hoffman et al.,5 the water pipe was found to retain 90% of the phenol and 50% of the particulate matter and benzo-a-pyrene of the original tobacco smoke. In another study,6 tobacco smoke components that were passed through a water pipe showed only a minor hyperplasic reaction and no sebaceous gland destruction when they were painted onto mouse skin. (The application of substances to mouse skin to assess carcinogenic potential is a classic toxicological test; the induction of abnormal cell proliferation [hyperplasia] is a red flag.)"

lol poor mouse

:smiley_joint:

N

Nuglover

Smoking joints is the most inefficient way of smoking short of putting a bud on a stovetop and standing next to it while it's burning. Probably 20%-30% of the smoke just goes up in the air between puffs. The machines they use for this study don't have to take breathes in between tokes. Besides if I wanted to smoke paper..I'd roll up a notebook. But hey bro, not downing you for your preference. I know a buddy back home that won't even smoke a bowl from a bong....joints only for him too, no matter what kind of bud. Vaping is apparently the best way but I'm not paying that much for one. I can make a bong out of almost anything anyway. :) JMO

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
joints all the way here, i have pussy lungs so no big ed bong rips for me lol

A

asil

I perfer joints myself. Will do a bong if someone has one but I don't own one. Havent had a pipe since I was a teenager.

F

frankie-smiles

I use a bong if I'm wanting to get smashed quickly but to sit and chill watching the box, a spliff is the one for me. Never refuse either though, if its got proper bud in it I'm gonna smoke it lol.

T

TheMadHatter

I smoke weed to fast out of joints

The bong saves me so much money unless I dont have oil then I just smoke and smoke and smoke and smoke and never get high lol

V

vryselctiv

the screens fot the pipes i don't l;ike the bud burns that coating off... i stick to jjoints when i feel like smoking and every now and then go to my pipe. i had a bong i didn't want to give back to friend. i saw it as doing him a favor...go figure it came up missing. so i say enjoy it

M

MIZZ ELVIS

I love bongs, joints, steam rollers, vapes, and edibles........ I ingest my medicine with all these methods pretty much every day and night. I love tinctures too, though I find them difficult to get just the proper dose with(take too much/Impatience). I find the combination of different forms of ingestion to be more effective for alieving my illness(CPH). The only method I won't try??? Canna suppository- I believe we can all agree that a joint, bong, pipe, or vape is better than sticking a Ganja rocket up your ass.
lol cannabis Butt bombers............

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
i love me a joint thats how i started smoking people where i live smoke mainly in blunts i hate em i tell em u need so much chron because its not as good all u need is a pinner to be fuked up when its bomb for a few people i like bongs 2 but always just go back 2 the basic joint

P

pinekreek

Joints all the way. I do one-hits when I'm smoking by myself. When I get together with my friends it is usually joints. The trick? You just have to grow enough that it doesn't matter that smoking a joint is a waste.

BTW. I don't like vaporizing. It might be "better" for you, but imo it takes ALL the taste out of the weed.

S

Sweetcheeba420

Premium Member
Supporter
i rip joints all day long bro!!!!!!!

JH420

JH420

I love the joints the best myself and I actually go through more herb with a bong. I enjoy the bong as well for variety but it is more of a weekend thing when I really wanna get mashed up good. The vape is a lung saver but the taste and the high ain't the same for me...atleast worth putting into the rotation to save the lungs a bit and for variety, or if you're lookin for a "cleaner" high to head out into public or something.
I could never get a decent flavour smokin out of a dry pipe, always tastes burnt and bitter to me...theoretically the dry pipe should add the least to the flavours maybe it's the bic lighter I taste?

U

uwg13

Smoking joints is the most inefficient way of smoking short of putting a bud on a stovetop and standing next to it while it's burning. Probably 20%-30% of the smoke just goes up in the air between puffs. The machines they use for this study don't have to take breathes in between tokes. Besides if I wanted to smoke paper..I'd roll up a notebook. But hey bro, not downing you for your preference. I know a buddy back home that won't even smoke a bowl from a bong....joints only for him too, no matter what kind of bud. Vaping is apparently the best way but I'm not paying that much for one. I can make a bong out of almost anything anyway. :) JMO

That is the common misconception

"The percentage of total THC delivered to the user is called the THC transfer rate. The unfiltered joint scored surprisingly well in smoking efficiency, coming in second place with a transfer rate close to 20%. The portable waterpipe did slightly better, and the bong slightly worse. The other devices did notably worse. The vaporizers and electric waterpipe did especially poorly, with transfer rates less than one-third that of the top three devices. Thus, heavy smokers could literally be blowing most of their stash away with bad pipes."

LoL i bet with zigzags it basically is like rolling up notebook paper. I stick with rice papers here which burn slower and probably more efficiently than the papers they used which were most likely thick cigarette papers.

This isn't a thread to intimidate bong smokers. The reason I put in the study was because wanted to affirm the practicality of smoking joints that many people like you often deem as being wasteful. If you know a study indicating otherwise I would love to see it. From personal experience I find I don't get as high from bongs and multi-perc bubs.

There are obviously practical functions of water filtration which I also provided.

E

edelephant

glass on glass with water, mucho ice, preferably frozen, bong rips! bong rips! bong rips! joints when your in the bush, the homies, cant transport big bong, little bong, something glass, why burn paper, either rice, tree, or TREE?

sour power

sour power

i know this might sound crazy but i cant smoke not in less its in a bong with ice or backwood.any other way is a no go

R

ReelBusy1

No Joints for you!

Just glass bong hits with fresh cold water and ice.

F

FastForward

I'm a joint man....bong man....tincture man.....if it's got THC in it, I want it in my system :)

Gotta get rid of the tobacco though....patches for me v. shortly....

Top Bottom