Amended Coco/ewc

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

Nice, looks like it could work well indoors. Keep us posted on how well it goes. One thing to take note of, growing outside in the ground is a huge buffer against ph or cloramine from the water supply. Indoors you're lacking that same buffer and that's when deficiencies start to creep in. Still though try it and keep us posted..
True but only dependant on the grower. I recommended a kdf85 filter or whatever they're called. But if you build a proper soil, ph, Chloramine and chlorine won't effect your indoor soil. If you're having deficiencies it's fault for not building a proper soil. Compost and EWC with your soil will cover your cal mag needs.

You need too break away from cal mag thinking.

No ph, no flush, no added cal mag, no ro, no additives from the hydro house, no recharge, no enzymes from a bottle
Break away

Screenshot 20171220 151521
Screenshot 20171220 151215

Screenshot 20171220 152012
20171216 154933
20171216 154638

brazel

brazel

Thought I'd chime in.. I did a 50/50 mix of readygro coco and happy frog.. The yield was a little low because it was my first try but all I did was feed ewc/molasses teas, top dress fishbone meal, and drench with mycorrhiza every couple weeks. It was all green growth until what looked like some Mg deficiency in bloom. Your post inspired me to give this a go again though for my mom plants.
The problem was, you're lacking what plants need. Your mix was coco and happy frog, basically two forms of soil. This would be better.
1/3 coco 1/3 ewc or compost, 1/3 aeration. You need to add gypsum, basalt, kelp, neem, crustacean meal and bio char.
Or other amendments. Mycorrhizal is to be applied on the roots or if no roots apply where the roots will be, only one application.

brazel

brazel

Blueberry in flower. As you can probably tell, and won't be surprised by, she had a deficiency (Ca of course) and my bag of Foundation had somehow not closed all the way and got moldy, so I had to chase it with Grow-N from Soul Synthetics and Herc Harvest from NFTG.
Something is off in your soil, with a proper built soil, calcium would be the last problem. What got moldy? Lots of mold is beneficial! Chase with grow-n and herc harvest? Why for cal?
If I remember you build your soil? Correct?

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

@brazel

Nice looking buds buddy. Cloramine most certainly affects plants in a negative way. If you haven't had any problems with water, good for you. This thread is about amending ewc and coco together. Do you have any experience in coco?

brazel

brazel

@brazel

Nice looking buds buddy. Cloramine most certainly affects plants in a negative way. If you haven't had any problems with water, good for you. This thread is about amending ewc and coco together. Do you have any experience in coco?
Humic will break it then eliminate.
Coco yes but none worth sharing. My bad many times I comment without reading thread title... my bad

brazel

brazel

Chloramine is ammonia & chlorine. Soil breaks that apart. Then breaks ammonia Nitrogen and hydrogen. Chlorine evaporates.
Go humus!

Look at millions of houses and their gardens.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Something is off in your soil, with a proper built soil, calcium would be the last problem. What got moldy? Lots of mold is beneficial! Chase with grow-n and herc harvest? Why for cal?'
If I remember you build your soil? Correct?
Oh shit, my bad, I meant Demeter's destiny. Things have been a bit crazy lately, so I'm a bit off... okay I'm way off, but anyway... That being said I personally know I could've done better, but this depression/anxiety BS has been kickin' my ass the last couple months.
Yeah I'm building it, but still learning and working on the mix. I'm sure a big part of it was the soil wasn't built properly, I also never transplanted it like I had intended on doing, so it's still in a 7.5 Litre Air-pot. I really wasn't ready for these clones when I got em, but they were a housewarming gift and if I didn't get them when I did I wouldn't have had another chance to get em. I was kind of between a rock and a hard place.

I had originally planned on keeping these as mothers, but I finally got myself some autoflower seeds, which was what I was growing before, so I'm gonna make a bunch more Auto seeds and just grow from those. I'll probably get back into photoperiods at some point, but we're having some pretty serious financial issues and I need to get some plants grown so I don't have to spend money on bud or wax.

I'm a caregiver for (and living with) my Mom, she had a bone marrow transplant in May. We just moved into our new place towards the end of the summer, with everything going on it's taken awhile for life to calm down. That's why I'm goin back to Auto's for awhile, I'm hoping with a bit more root room and the right mix I can feed em all the way through with whats in the soil. I did get some Insect Frass and a bit of Elemental to mix into the soil for Ca Mg

P

Pimples

I have a buddy that mixes earth worm castings and perlite (sometimes rice hulls) to coco and says it elimimated the sometimes stubborn strains that yellow leaf and purple stem up when transplanted to new coco coir. He mixes 6 parts Canna Coco. 2 1/2 parts perlite (or hulls when he can find em) and 1 1/2 parts ewc. And said his well rooted cuts in plugs take right off in it. I too sometimes get certain cuts that get funky (only certain strains) when going to straight coco for the first week or 2. I suspect its the castings buffering and the calcium/magnesium in it. Iam going to give it a try myself soon. I have some strains that sometimes get yellow leaves/purple stems for the first 10 days in straight Canna Coco. And I think I know whats going on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom