Amsterdam Cannabis Cup Raided - First time in 24 years

• Thread starter Aligee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aligee

Aligee

...When conservatives who seized power in the Netherlands this year closed coffeeshops in the southern part of the country to weed tourists, it seemed like an unfortunate bummer.

This morning, however, police in Amsterdam are in the process of raiding the 24th annual High Times Cannabis Cup Expo. Possession of marijuana has been decriminalized in the Netherlands. But according to tweets on the scene, "everyone will have their buds confiscated, but no one will be charged or fined. This is the first time this has happened in 24 years."

More news after the jump.

According to @DanaLarsen, Director of the Vancouver Cannabis Dispensary Society, "Police officer told me they investigated yesterday, saw some booths giving out weed and breaking other rules. So now the event is shut down."

"Everyone has to leave except for exhibitors. Cops are friendly and polite."
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/Legal...an-cannabis-cup-raided-first-time-in-24-years

C

cheech

wtf..... Don't they enjoy the revenue the country brings in through tourism? The only reason I'd want to visit would be to experience the country with a spliff.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Man, that really sucks. I hope all the vendor's don't get charged with anything. Best of luck to my buddies over there. The amount of money this event brings into their town is just crazy. They are messing up big time. I can say this. Their government has gone to the dogs. Nothing like the good old day back in 85-86. Boy, those where the days.

Best of luck to everyone there. Keep us posted.
Take care,
BG

oldirtybastard

oldirtybastard

I heard they are searching EVERYONE and confiscating anything over 5 grams... Also i believe its being held right outside of Amsterdam hence the reason for the police being called. I hope everthing goes well for all the farmers.. ~ODB~

mack 10

mack 10

i heard they were taking all bud and even seeds of people, I was there, on the first day thing's went well.Most of the seed co's were giving out sample bud's and vape bags, some plain clothes pigs were there taking pics and watching. They searched karma's booth and the pigs told all the vendors to tone it down.The next day D n A were holding a seminar, with a "Dab -a -thon smoke comp" at 3 o clock. This is when a pig gets on stage and shut things down.Everyone had to hide there shit fast or lose it. Also everyone gets searched,total bullshit. lucky i left early.Crazy shit, never thought i'd see that type of shit in Amsterdam. Mack.

mack 10

mack 10

@ Odb the expo was @ Borchland in Amsterdam.about 25 mins bus from Amsterdam central.

Top Bottom