An Amazing OG Recipe I Want To Share With Everyone

• Thread starter The Kind Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

My name is The Kind Man, I am also known as The Magician, as I have been known to make magic happen :) Here is an OG recipe that has been around for years. It is very solid and it is not uncommon to pull 1.5 - 2 lbs per light with this recipe when the atmosphere is at its optimum conditions. I had to pull tooth and nail for this recipe for years, and I want to make it available to the masses, as what I went through shouldn't have to happen to everyone :)

Before we start, here is some background information that may be useful... These have been strictly run on 4x4 tables with anywhere between 8 - 16 plants (depending on the vegetative time) per 4x4 area with 1000 Watts per table. The growing media used is 6"x6"x5.8" Hugo Blocks. This recipe is intended for drain to waste purposes. Strictly geared towards to OG's... Larry OG runs spectacular with this, and the Skywalker OG runs the best on a slight variation of this recipe.

If memory serves me right this recipe caps out at 1800 ppms or so @ the .6 ppm conversion...

Well Here It Is:

45 gallon reservoir Drain to Waste Application

Super Bloom A & B (each)
Week 1 – 675 mL
Week 2 – 715 mL
Week 3 – 770 mL
Week 4 – 810 mL
Week 5 - 840 mL
Week 6 – 840 mL
Week 7 - 840 mL
Week 8 – 750 mL
Week 9 – 705 mL
Week 10 - Water

Carboload (If using Bud Candy, Cut It out at Week 8)
Week 1 – 90 mL
Week 2 – 90 mL
Week 3 – 90 mL
Week 4 – 90 mL
Week 5 – 90 mL
Week 6 – 90 mL
Week 7 – 90 mL
Week 8 – 90 mL
Week 9 – 90 mL
Week 10 -

Big Bud
Week 1
Week 2 – 340 mL
Week 3 – 340 mL
Week 4 – 340 mL
Week 5 – 340 mL
Week 6 – 340 mL
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Piranha
Week 1 - 54 grams
Week 2 - 54 grams
Week 3 - 54 grams
Week 4 - 54 grams
Week 5 - 54 grams
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Tarantula
Week 1 - 54 grams
Week 2 - 54 grams
Week 3 - 54 grams
Week 4 - 54 grams
Week 5 - 54 grams
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Overdrive
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7 – 300 mL
Week 8 – 300 mL
Week 9 – 300 mL
Week 10

Monster Bloom
Week 1
Week 2 – 10 grams
Week 3
Week 4 – 10 grams
Week 5
Week 6 - 10 grams
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Protetk
Week 1 – 45 mL
Week 2 – 45 mL
Week 3 – 45 mL
Week 4 – 45 mL
Week 5 – 45 mL
Week 6 – 45 mL
Week 7 – 45 mL
Week 8 – 45 mL
Week 9 – 45 mL
Week 10

Vitamax
Week 1 –
Week 2 – 90 mL
Week 3 – 90 mL
Week 4 – 90 mL
Week 5 – 90 mL
Week 6 – 90 mL
Week 7 – 90 mL
Week 8 –
Week 9 –
Week 10

Hygrozyme
Week 1 – 225 mL
Week 2 – 225 mL
Week 3 – 225 mL
Week 4 – 225 mL
Week 5 – 225 mL
Week 6 – 225 mL
Week 7 – 225 mL
Week 8 – 225 mL
Week 9 – 225 mL
Week 10

Add a little Cal Mag to the reservoir when needed, usually every other week at 1 mL per gal.

Enjoy everyone! And please, DO NOT KEEP THIS INFORMATION TO YOURSELF, SHARE THE LOVE!!!!!

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|
|Knowledge Itself Is Power|

nkkhills

nkkhills

Thanks for great info. TKM.
Just to to be on the safe side, in which order do you mix this nutes recipe.

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Hello NKKHILLS,

1st - Cal Mag
2nd - Monster Bloom
3rd - Big Bud
4th - Overdrive
5th - Carboload
6th - Protetk
7th - Vitamax
8th - Super Bloom A
9th - Super Bloom B

pH to 5.6 then add:
Hygrozyme
Piranha
Tarantula

Basically it gets broken down to cal mag first to reach its desired ppm (usually around 100 ppm in R/O water as a base), then I add high phosphorus bloom boosters, organics, silicates, B vitamins, and then base nutrients to reach desired ppm level. After it gets pH'ed to 5.6 I add the Piranha, Tarantula, and Hygrozyme.

I start my pH out at 5.6 and let it drift up to 6.3, watering the plants anywhere in between that pH range. Each plant is hand watered individually with a watering wand anywhere between 5 - 10 seconds, to get the block thoroughly soaked and have 10% - 20% run off. In flower it is usually fed once per day.

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

The reason I let my pH drift between those levels when I water is because nutrient absorption varies depending on the pH. Some nutrients are maximized while others are not used to their full potential if you keep you pH constant. Plus, adding too much pH up or down can ruin your nutrient solution by making your nutrients insoluble. So by having the pH drift and using as little pH up or down as possible maximizes growth potential exponentially. Hey guys it's "all about the pH" :)

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

There are a few other points I want to touch on that are more important than the nutrient solution itself. Because if you do not have these conditions at their optimum state, the nutrients you are using will not be used to their maximum potential.

First, I want to touch on the temperature aspect. With CO2 enriched air at 2000 ppm's or higher, it is perfectly acceptable to run your temperatures between 78 - 82 degrees. Anything higher than that transpiration comes to a halt, and your plants will literally drown, as well as having internal damage from extreme heat exposure. Even with lower amounts of CO2 enrichment (1000 ppm - 1600 ppm), you should run no lower than 72 and no higher than 79 degrees.

Second, humidity plays a huge role in plant transpiration as well as disease/pathogen proliferation. Keep humidity at all times no higher than 55% during the flowering period to ensure optimal plant transpiration and non proliferation of plant and canopy diseases and pathogens.

Third, keep your water temperature at no lower than 63 and no higher than 72! Dissolved oxygen is most present in solution at 62 degrees Fahrenheit and is completely diminished at 80 degrees Fahrenheit. To reach optimum nutrient uptake, keep your reservoir temperatures between 67 - 70 for best results.

Fourth, as stated above, keep your CO2 enrichment at (or preferably above) 1600 ppms at all times during flowering. The more CO2 you pump to them the more they can use it to build sugars and optimize photosynthesis and bud formation.

Keep in mind everyone that the most basic elements for photosynthesis are Light, CO2, Water, and the Atmosphere conditions stated above. They all have a symbiotic relationship with each other. If one of these conditions is at 50%, they're all at 50%.

I cannot stress enough that the atmosphere is the most important factor in any grow!!! More important than any nutrient you can give them, because if these requirements are not fulfilled your nutrients will not be working at their optimum potential! Money is lost, and as expensive as these nutrients are, there is no need or room to waste.

Hope this helps! I know it sure helped me when I first learned it!

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

No worries at all Venom. Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I had not reached 50 posts so I could not get back to your pm quicker to let you know I started this thread. But here we are now so thats all that matters haha. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

G

grandaddypurple

Really appreciate the info :rasta2: I really want to run an inside grow. Also, have much love for the OG's, and would love to try Larry, or some of TCC stuff.

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

MichaelFranti

Hello, how are you? Unfortunately I do not have a camera at this point in time so I am unable to take pics :(

GDP and Sososohigh

No problem at all. Just want to show the love that I wasn't shown...

L

LEBDOG

Crud, this recipe looks great and is the antithesis of my current nutes (mostly GH), but I have been looking for this and appreciate the share. I run GH mostly out of the fear of experimenting too much and constantly stressing the plants. I am strictly pretty much an OG guy and am growing Chem Valley Kush as well as Raskals OG. I think these nutes would be great to try with those strains. I have 2 reservoirs and so think I may try this alternative nute schedule if I don't get the results I am looking for with my current nutes... Again thanks, Kind Sir.

If you are interested here's my current grow log (CVK ROG HOG) for which I am looking at different nute options result dependent:

true grit

true grit

Lots of great info Kind Man! Thanks for sharing homie, not too many folks in this game will break it down for ya like that!

0sWizZle

I get 2+ per light using Flora Nova Bloom and Kelp Extracts...sure aint no magic involved here...just simplicity....seems to always work...

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

LEBDOG:
GH is a great line, it all depends on your preference though. This particular recipe was created for Larry OG, so the Chem Valley might need a little more ppm since the Chem is a heavy, heavy feeder.

HARPDOG
No worries at all.

TRUE GRIT
No problem at all. I know most of the people in the game wont break it down for you like that because they do not want competition. It takes away from their game... That doesn't bother me what so ever. Everyone deserves to grow and smoke great herb! It has taken me 3 years to get this recipe, piece by piece, but I finally have it! I decided everyone deserves to have a AAA+ recipe without having to go through all the bullshit hassles obtaining it. It's o.k. though. Here we are now!

OSWIZZLE
Hell ya that is tight. Are you growing in soil? I know a cat that grows Blackberry Kush in 30 gallon smart pots in soil and all he uses is biobizz bloom, kelp, carbs, and beneficials, and he gets 2+ a 1000W light with only 4 plants. Organics done right can give you yields just like hydro with a 150% better tasting end result. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for looking everyone!

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Now that's killin it with kindness.....:dance

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

HighRoller -

Thank you for the kind words. I hope to bring back something Generation X knew and practiced all too well and what Generation Y has no clue of... and that is one hand washes the other, and that it is not a one way street... Even though I am Generation Y, and what most consider to be young, I grew up with a lot of older cats and took their values to heart and I hold them in the highest regards. I know some farmers here will understand where I am coming from, while others wont. Hey, someday the latter will learn :)

Plus, everyone should know how to grow some bomb herbals! After all, we deserve to smoke the best, and there shouldn't be so much trial and error involved in making these recipes. 95% of us are not commercial growers that have endless amounts of time and capital to do research & testing on various products to find the right combinations, so it only makes sense to me to share the love and let everyone in on one bomb ass recipe so they can take 95% of the guess work out, and tailor it to their specific needs :)

Mother Chucker -
Thanks, it's much appreciated.
And with the pH, its the only way to go so everything is available when needed. Guys I can't stress enough, it is all about the pH!

Have a beautiful weekend everyone! Remember, share the love!

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

S

snowkitty

Kind Man, have you tried Bud Candy vs. Carboload? I used a recipe similar to yours with Carboload with good success and I was wondering about the Bud Candy.

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

SnowKitty

Hey what's going on? I have not tried Bud Candy as of yet, but I know a lot of people who have. I plan on doing so when I get another room together; as I am on hiatus right now :( But it's o.k., when the right place comes around its going to be killer :)
But back to the Bud Candy... One gentlemen I know took out his Carboload and replaced it with Bud Candy and kept the rest of his recipe the same and he got a quarter pound increase per light. Another gentlemen said it made his plants look like they're little kids with way to much sugar in them, and they just loved him for it!!
I would highly recommend Bud Candy, but start out at 2 - 4 mL a gal and cap out around 6 mL a gal. :)

The Kind Man
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

Top Bottom