And The Best Soil For A Small Harvest Would Be?

• Thread starter J Dee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J Dee

J Dee

So what would be the recommendations for a beginner. Just 1 pot plant, l.e.d lightning. Indoors. little tent.

Thanks J-Dee

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Coco is excellent once you have a few grows.
There is a learning curve on mixing nutes and feeding schedules.
It can go south in a hummingbird's heartbeat.

For a first grow in a small tent, I'd go with FFOF.
Fox Farm Ocean Forest.
It has just enough natural nutrients to finish a grow adding nothing but water.
Don't get the LED too close to the crown and don't overwater.
Then, it's a walk in the park.

Aloha,

Wee 'zard

Perception

Perception

I agree on the FFOF soil. I've found that it runs out of nutrients near the end of flower though. So when you flip to flower, adding a little high Happy Frog, dry granulated, all purpose fertilizer will get you to the finish line. (So basically 1 fertilization, half way through process).

But really, you "can" go all the way to finish with nothing but FFOF soil and watering.

Ive done it both ways with success.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Quite right! I watch the new growth. They ask? I feed.
In a smallish container they can use a boost for flowering.
I try to match the container to the plant's size and rate of growth.
When I get it right I can go all the way to harvest with no added ferts.

DSCF8878

M

Mr58Grows

I agree on the FFOF soil. I've found that it runs out of nutrients near the end of flower though. So when you flip to flower, adding a little high Happy Frog, dry granulated, all purpose fertilizer will get you to the finish line. (So basically 1 fertilization, half way through process).

But really, you "can" go all the way to finish with nothing but FFOF soil and watering.

How long were/are you vegging?

Dunge

Dunge

brazel

brazel

If in fact you wish not to offend, then you should use different words when you type.
You are correct I apologize for my wrong choice of words let me try that again Fox Farm and Coco would not be my ideal choice I also don't agree with the advice given but that doesn't mean they're wrong or I'm right it's just my opinion cheers

MW7945

MW7945

You are correct I apologize for my wrong choice of words let me try that again Fox Farm and Coco would not be my ideal choice I also don't agree with the advice given but that doesn't mean they're wrong or I'm right it's just my opinion cheers

Tbh, if you really don't require anything but water I'd be pretty cautious starting off with a soil that hot

dan1989

dan1989

Might not be a bad thing that the nutes run low near end of flower, perhaps they design it that way?

dan1989

dan1989

Fox farm is nothing but shit so is coco and every other piece of so called advice given to you!
https://buildasoil.com/collections/soil/products/buildasoil-potting-soil-version-3-0

Buy this all you'll need is water through the entire grow, sorry if you guys feel offended that was not my point I don't mean to discourage or offend any one of you

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. I'd like to pull in some other growers and see what they think of your opinions, especially concerning coco. May I?

dan1989

dan1989

I'd like to see this debate not stoop to cheap jabs and sarcasm. That's not what this site is about. Notice I was quite respectful in my disagreement with @brazel.

brazel

brazel

Right and strain genetics don't matter at all. Got it.

Anything else I need to know?

Plants need Gatorade? It's got what plants crave, it's got electrolytes!

What about lighting? You use a light saber?

MW7945

MW7945

Typical "the only way to grow is my way" attitude. Tbh, there'd be no point in arguing. Like talking to a brick wall.

Top Bottom