And The Best Soil For A Small Harvest Would Be?

• Thread starter J Dee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Your ingredients come from a company that has manipulated Growers over and over and over what are they up to now selling like eight different bottles of bullshit you got to put in your shit and you got a flush it all out have fun with that bro you can mimic Mother Nature but hey maybe you're a big fan of high fructose corn syrup to

First, I apologize for doing what I said I wouldn't and stooping to insults etc. BUT. I use grow and bloom, that's it. I've considered dropping the grow and using only bloom as some have suggested. So I don't count among those 8 bottle users that you speak of. I'm not sure what you think the argument I was raising was, so let me start again.

Why is coco, an inert medium containing no nutes whatsoever, shit?

dan1989

dan1989

Your ingredients come from a company that has manipulated Growers over and over and over what are they up to now selling like eight different bottles of bullshit you got to put in your shit and you got a flush it all out have fun with that bro you can mimic Mother Nature but hey maybe you're a big fan of high fructose corn syrup to

And we don't have corn syrup in UK far as I know.

dan1989

dan1989

Gone are the days of sensible debate....I bit though, why I could never be a moderator

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

@ J Dee.

It takes very little to ignite an opinion storm here. :)
Just happy that no one recommended Miracle grow. They burst out of the woodwork for M.G. bashing. :D

But, back to your original question.
I am, by no means, a "professional".
I'm just some geek on the net who loves to experiment.
And I'm old as dirt, so I offer you years of experience with said experiments.

Best to keep it simple for the first couple grows, yah?
Ignore most of the well meaning "advice."

Small tent? First grow? I went with dirt, and water.
That worked very well. Once I had a harvest, I was hooked on growing.
Then, it was time to experiment with more difficult methods.
Oil requires a lot of bud and we have a plant number limit, so . . . :(

First, I played with nutes. Dyna-grow and Dyna-bloom beat out several other popular ferts.
My best, was also the cheapest and easiest. Captain Jacks dry nutes.
about a 20% gain over FFOF. Not bad, but I needed a better yield and 20% did not really justify the cost of the extra nutes.

Went right to hydro.
Looked for an easy flavor that I could do a soil side-by-side with.
Simple, in this case, was DWC. 5 gallon bucket, PH meter, TDS meter, air pump, net pots and hydro nutes. Almost double the yield as the same volume of un-nuted FFOF.

Downside?
Well, it's noisy and require a steep learning curve, and constant monitoring. But the deal breaker was it's alternate name, "Death Without Cause".
Was very impressive for the first 3 grows, and then . . .
Came out one morning to 2 dead plants out of 4. They were all jus' peachy the day before. My 100% gain evaporated overnight! :(

So, dialed it down a little.
I see coco as solid state hydro. Found that there are different suppliers with variable quality. (Amount of sea salt, dirt and rocks, PH anomalies. All kine sing. )
Still yield was impressive. about 80% more than dirt n fert.

Coco is great! Until it isn't.
For transferring nutes to roots, it's hard to beat. I like the scent and it's difficult to over-water. Not impossible, just difficult. (Don't ask) :)

If kept too moist it can be Fungus gnat central.
Before I learned the value of dryer sheets, tropical Fungus gnats overwhelmed my first coco grows.
The biggest hassle turned out to be "salting" near the end of flower.

Then 2 things happened. One of my patients died which cut my weight needs in half.
And Hawaii raised the plant count to 10 per patient. :)

I'm a medical grower only, and there's no point in risking crop failure or overworking to harvest more than I actually need.
So, went back to FFOF and plain water.

I'm not "anti-fert," but see no point in buying and supplying something that my girls don't ask me for and do jus' fine without, yah?

Jus' 2 cents from an old fart,
Aloha,
Weeze

Dunge

Dunge

And we don't have corn syrup in UK far as I know.
Do your foods include content labeling?
The money in corn syrup is so big, I can't imagine you don't have it in most foods.
It's everywhere in the US.
Half pure poison.

dan1989

dan1989

Do your foods include content labeling?
The money in corn syrup is so big, I can't imagine you don't have it in most foods.
It's everywhere in the US.
Half pure poison.

No idea, never seen it on labels, maybe it's called glucose syrup or something. Is it a sweetener? We use phenylalanine as an artificial sweetener, which correct me if I'm wrong is banned in US?

brazel

brazel

You're getting angry, why?
No I'm not getting angry at all, you can continue the way you grow. I'm not mad at you. And yes I don't use the best words when I share but that's how I talk. I don't mean to be rude but I totally understand out can be takin that way.
I'll buy you what I suggest, try it out and let me know what you think.

If you are down, let me know.
I can put a gift card in dan1989

brazel

brazel

First, I apologize for doing what I said I wouldn't and stooping to insults etc. BUT. I use grow and bloom, that's it. I've considered dropping the grow and using only bloom as some have suggested. So I don't count among those 8 bottle users that you speak of. I'm not sure what you think the argument I was raising was, so let me start again.

Why is coco, an inert medium containing no nutes whatsoever, shit?
I should've said coco works but there's better options

dan1989

dan1989

I'm in U.K dude...would cost you $500 probably to send. I couldn't accept anyway...

They pretty much listed all the ingredients, is it fair to say it's possible to make this up? Seeing a lot of familiar ingredients in this recipe...

dan1989

dan1989

Sorry man, I understand. I don't mean to be rude but sometimes I can come off that way I get really passionate and I understand so do they. I want it to be known that I'm sorry and I didn't mean to be an asshole

He probably didn't approve of the whole thing :D although he has been known to give the occasional ass tearing when it comes to coco eh @EventHorizan :D ;)

brazel

brazel

They pretty much listed all the ingredients, is it fair to say it's possible to make this up? Seeing a lot of familiar ingredients in this recipe...
I'm confused, what are you talking about

dan1989

dan1989

I'm confused, what are you talking about

I thought the whole argument was that we should use this magic mix that you were propping. I'm saying is it possible to make it up D.I.Y?

dan1989

dan1989

@J Dee apologies for the thread hijack. I'm all for creating a new thread and moving this over there...

@Wee Zard 's advice seemed the most solid, I wish he'd come along at the beginning to drop that in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom