Another Shout Out For Dwc Advice - Netpot Size For Aeroponic Tote?

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northernpop

Northernpop

Hi guys,

I requested some advice recently, but I'm still unsure on a few basic points.

I'm building a low pressure aeroponics system using a 145 litre tote. I would like to grow 4 plants, in a scrog grow. Please could my peers help out with some advice?

1. What size netpot would you recommend? Will 3 inch pots be large enough?

2. Must the water level be touching the bottom of the netpots, or will the intermittent spray protect the roots?

3. Do supplements like liquid oxygen by growth technology make DWC more forgiving?

4. Neoprene or clay pellets? What is best for holding the plant in place in the netpot?

5. I currently grow organically in soil. Is it simply easier to grow with man made nutrients to avoid line and sprayers clogging, etc...

This is much appreciated, as always guys !!

Happy growing.

Northernpop

Northernpop

I’m also doing dwc let me know if you ever get your questions answered

Haha, will do submaster. Just building a light stip system ATM. Sorry to say it, but rollitup usually provides a faster response.

DGP

DGP

NP,

I don't do aero but it seems to me the net pot size is not very relevant. Your roots are being fed by a mist so the only thing the net pots are doing is giving the plant a stable platform to grow in. However, I can imagine that a 3" wouldn't be as preferable as say a 6" because the roots as they exit the pot will be spread over a wider and more open area instead of just hanging down in a 3" or so bundle.

I would love to do aero myself but I feel I would have to be home and available all day every day cause if something clogs the system plants could die relatively fast. That's why I went under current RDWC because a failed pump or other part of the system will take a fair amount of time to kill my grow. I have wifi monitoring going so I know if a chiller, main pump or AC dies and then I can run home to make repairs but I would be concerned about reliability with a aero system.

Dee

Top Bottom