Any Camera Suggestions

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Phylex

Phylex

I would like to get a moderately decent camera if possible. I'm seeing a lot of great photos people are posting of their flowers, nugs, and trichs. I'd like to be able to snap some nice photo's like those as well. At least better than what my old iPhone is using.

Can I get something like that in the $350-$400 range, preferably? I don't have any clue what any of the specs mean when looking or trying to compare. I seriously only understand what the price tag means. I'd even have to learn how to use it and the spinning lensy thingy. I am definitely photography challenged. Does anyone have any product recommendations for what I'm trying to accomplish? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Where ya at photo gurus?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I felt exactly the same way. Went to Best Buy and picked these up. The camera was over $300 and I got the micro lens for $300 something basically spent $700. The micro lens is freaking awesome I just got to figure this shit out it’s a hole different world and I personally don’t photograph very well:)lol
6ED6376A 0847 49D5 90F4 17F03A331BCE

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I use my iPhone 6S camera. Have a nice Nikon also but I haven’t touched it in years. Not the best pics but they do ok for what I use them for.

Dan789

Dan789

I would like to get a moderately decent camera if possible. I'm seeing a lot of great photos people are posting of their flowers, nugs, and trichs. I'd like to be able to snap some nice photo's like those as well. At least better than what my old iPhone is using.

Can I get something like that in the $350-$400 range, preferably? I don't have any clue what any of the specs mean when looking or trying to compare. I seriously only understand what the price tag means. I'd even have to learn how to use it and the spinning lensy thingy. I am definitely photography challenged. Does anyone have any product recommendations for what I'm trying to accomplish? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Where ya at photo gurus?
Watch out, new camera’s and associated gear is a slippery slope, that’s what put me in the same boat, trying to get a good shot with an IPhone. I’ve joined the micro four thirds Olympus camp as they’re not quite as massive (as full frame) but agree both the Canon and Sony are great options, good luck.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Where ya at photo gurus?

I use an iphone x now but my 4 and 6 plus took great pics with the flash on to cut through the hps red light.

I would take a pic away from the plant some then zoom in after to get a good bud closeup.

T

TheKoreanKid

very relative in my opinion based on a few years of being a photographer. Sony is excellent for video and holds up well on photography. But if straight up photography is your goal then cannon excels when it comes to portrait shooting, sony I think does better scenery photos, though. Some of the photos in my grow diary are with the 6300 but I wish I had a Canon 5d Mk3, but who is gonna spend that kinda cash lol

Auto.Tents

Auto.Tents

We film a lot of Habitats. As film makers, with knowledge of HPS/LED lighting issues vs quality of image.

We suggest Tent Cameras in the following order and WHY:

1) A used iPhone 6 or better. Let's face it it's probably in a drawer somewhere or about to be. Don't trade it in for $50 when you already own all the plugs and accessories. It has built in color adjustment, timelapse, video, and VIDEO EDITING. Plus you can upload to any media site through WiFI

2) GoPro 6. It's extremely versatile and automatic, especially at it's price point. You can do all the advanced features including adjust field of view, in one compact, low electric draw camera. It also has an amazing color and light quality (high ISO) and can be mounted anywhere in a tent.

3) Get a used Canon T4/5/6/7. With a proper lense such as the Canon 16-35 2.8. That's a rig that will do everything you need and your Vlog with proper formats, zoom, ISO, F-stop, FPS, and Kelvin Color adjust; for under $2000 certified used. And it can do all of that in Fully Manual or Fully Auto settings. (of course if you can spend the money there are better camera bodies and lenses, but let's Keep It Simple Stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom