Any Dgc In The House?

• Thread starter Saint Skinny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Just thought it would be interesting to see how many of the crew are around!

For those reading this going "what the hell is the DGC? is that some gang?" Not a gang! LOL DGC stands for the Dude Grows Crew, It's basically just a bunch of peeps that like growing dank, helping each other out and learning how to do things in a new way. The Dude Grows show is a cannabis based Youtube show and podcast, in which the hosts read questions and posts that the crew has posted on Dudegrows.com , Which is basically a how-to-grow site and forum.

I should also mention that I am in no way employed by Dude Grows, I'm just a member that likes helping others.

GrowzNCali

GrowzNCali

I've actually never heard of them. Sounds legit though. Growers helping growers. That's why I joined this community.

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I've actually never heard of them. Sounds legit though. Growers helping growers. That's why I joined this community.
Yeah they're legit. it's pretty cool, when I started I didn't know what to expect at all. It's been a little over a year and the crew has become like family to me, even Dude and Scotty (the hosts). When I first joined, my Mom (Momma Saint) had just had her Leukemia return. I didn't really know anyone in the crew at that point, but one of them actually got ahold of me and sent some CBD oil to help her through! One of my favorite parts is it's a troll free zone lol nobody's gonna jump down your throat for asking a beginner question, or make you feel stupid for making an assumption. It's truly a community made by growers, for growers!

Ceveres

Ceveres

I enjoy listening to the podcast while I'm at work. Even if I can't be in the garden, least I can do is expand my knowledge a bit in the mean time haha Good stuff

JMcG

JMcG

S'up Skinny!
Supporting DGC member here! I found those guys about a year ago too, around episode 250 give or take. They were my first experience with podcasts and I powered through 22 hrs of em while driving my moms possessions from San Diego to Seattle! They have a good blend of Cannabis related news, culture, and of course , lots of grow talk. The Dude comes from years of MJ retail and has good insight into many of the products out there, and he's also a seasoned small scale grower so he puts most of those through his grow at some point. Scotty...? He's a trip. He has been doing " this" since the early nineties and has is constantly trying to learn more. I guess that is what drew me to them in the first place, they don't claim to be master growers and just started all this to document their own learning curve. They lay it all out in layman terms that the average Joe can easily soak up. If you need more science, then the third guy, Grow Guru, has degrees in all thing botanical and is great at dropping some science when needed.
To be clear, the guys are BAAAAKED throughout each episode, but keep it together and present it all pretty well.
The crew that they have following them now is indeed a bunch of good, easy going people. They do a good job of keeping the trolls out and keeping a positive vibe. I enjoy the online forums as much as the next guy, but the haters and pre madonnas wear me down sometimes.
Try em out! If you think they suck... then turn em off, we don't need to turn this into a bashing thread!
Peace

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

S'up Skinny!
Supporting DGC member here! I found those guys about a year ago too, around episode 250 give or take. They were my first experience with podcasts and I powered through 22 hrs of em while driving my moms possessions from San Diego to Seattle! They have a good blend of Cannabis related news, culture, and of course , lots of grow talk. The Dude comes from years of MJ retail and has good insight into many of the products out there, and he's also a seasoned small scale grower so he puts most of those through his grow at some point. Scotty...? He's a trip. He has been doing " this" since the early nineties and has is constantly trying to learn more. I guess that is what drew me to them in the first place, they don't claim to be master growers and just started all this to document their own learning curve. They lay it all out in layman terms that the average Joe can easily soak up. If you need more science, then the third guy, Grow Guru, has degrees in all thing botanical and is great at dropping some science when needed.
To be clear, the guys are BAAAAKED throughout each episode, but keep it together and present it all pretty well.
The crew that they have following them now is indeed a bunch of good, easy going people. They do a good job of keeping the trolls out and keeping a positive vibe. I enjoy the online forums as much as the next guy, but the haters and pre madonnas wear me down sometimes.
Try em out! If you think they suck... then turn em off, we don't need to turn this into a bashing thread!
Peace
Howdy Brotha! I love finding people from the crew in random places! Holy shit, you went through 22 hours! in how long? If I did that I'd probably end every sentence with "sir" or "word" lol depending on if I'm feelin more like Scotty or Dude. lol Scotty is a trip, not sure if that was meant as a pun, but it worked!

One of my favorite things about the show is that the hosts don't feel like some unreachable podcast gods that you cant approach if you saw them in the street. They feel like friends! I should rephrase that, They ARE our friends! But they don't put themselves above anybody else in the crew, and they really seem to appreciate what we in the crew do.

BTW do you ever try to play the "word game?" Not sure what the hell it's called, but when dude says certain terms, (IE quarter strength) ya gotta smoke. Scotty seems to throw new words into the game as they come out of dudes mouth. Some days are easier than others to keep up with lol.

I joined the crew a bit over a year ago. Before I found the podcast I was a couple months into my TLO/organics education binge. When I started listening and heard Scotty was getting into learning about no till, I was on board! Joining was one of the best decisions I've made!

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I enjoy listening to the podcast while I'm at work. Even if I can't be in the garden, least I can do is expand my knowledge a bit in the mean time haha Good stuff
Exactly! I feel the same way! When we moved out of my Grandpa's place, we were staying in a hotel for a few months while we found a place. It killed me not being able to grow, but I still spent plenty of time with my nose buried in a SKUNK magazine and on grow forums, learning what I could. From the growers I've talked to, it seems like having that desire to educate yourself is one of the things that makes a good grower.

Hell, the way I see it, one of the best things you can do if you've never stretched your greenthumb and you want to learn to grow, is start off with something that you can afford to fuck up. My dad ran a greenhouse on our property for a few years, and because in some peoples mind 'S-O-N' also spells 'F-R-E-E L-A-B-O-R', I had a bit experience working with plants... but in hindsight I REALLY wish I would've taken the summer before my first grow to get a little more firsthand experience. Although when you have to cull a washing mashine sized monster (my first run with DWC) because the plant became a spider mite factory, it sticks with you alot longer and harder than tossing that tomato plant that was just gonna make salsa for the neighbor anyway.

Ceveres

Ceveres

Exactly! I feel the same way! When we moved out of my Grandpa's place, we were staying in a hotel for a few months while we found a place. It killed me not being able to grow, but I still spent plenty of time with my nose buried in a SKUNK magazine and on grow forums, learning what I could. From the growers I've talked to, it seems like having that desire to educate yourself is one of the things that makes a good grower.

Hell, the way I see it, one of the best things you can do if you've never stretched your greenthumb and you want to learn to grow, is start off with something that you can afford to fuck up. My dad ran a greenhouse on our property for a few years, and because in some peoples mind 'S-O-N' also spells 'F-R-E-E L-A-B-O-R', I had a bit experience working with plants... but in hindsight I REALLY wish I would've taken the summer before my first grow to get a little more firsthand experience. Although when you have to cull a washing mashine sized monster (my first run with DWC) because the plant became a spider mite factory, it sticks with you alot longer and harder than tossing that tomato plant that was just gonna make salsa for the neighbor anyway.
I agree, that desire to learn is what separates the mids from the meds. Also give you a leg up when you do finally get to growing. I know I had my nose buried in forums and books when I had a few years off, with out that and a few friends/mentors I don't think I'd have the medicine I'm getting now.

You guys check into Tad’s podcast on KIS Organics yet?
Excellent.

Those are beyond awesome Also! Way more from a science based perspective when it comes to the info from Tad and KIS Organics. I haven't caught up totally with the newer ones, but I'm getting there. Between them and @moutainorganics on IG it makes me want to grab some cover crop seeds and some mineral rock dust lol. Simplify everything.. lol

Ceveres

Ceveres

Yeah man, that’s exactly where I’m headed.
Organic no till. Done with bottles!
Nice dude, i think thats the only sensible direction to go in. Are you using NFTG as you transition or am I thinking of someone else?

Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

Yeah man, that’s exactly where I’m headed.
Organic no till. Done with bottles!
Hell's yeah! I was absolutely ASTONISHED when I decided to halfass a soil mix in my outdoor veggie bed, that shit grew like I'd never seen before! Then when I went and saw what my neighbors plants looked like (I'll just say Miracle Gro) I was shocked, He had gifted me a tomato plant that he had left over after planting his garden. His looked like it was a dwarf variety compared to mine lol Not to toot my own horn, but I did good lol Lately I've been experimenting with amended coco with decent results

JMcG

JMcG

Nice dude, i think thats the only sensible direction to go in. Are you using NFTG as you transition or am I thinking of someone else?
Nope, quitting coco cold turkey after this run. Building three 40” x 72” x18” raised indoor beds and going all in!

Latest posts

Top Bottom