Any Doubts About What Is Going On Here?

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I like that this thread is gathering attention.
I have seen bleaching of leaf and flower.
This is a deeper defect as it involves differentiated tissue growth.
Here is what it looks like now (two days after previous shot)
View attachment 764115
I will continue to watch it closely.
If it starts to open as an anther pod, I will probably quarantine the branch for pollen collection.
Over three weeks left till harvest.

In review, I must admit that the pictures don't do this justice.
I am able to look at it with inspection magnification, and there is something erupting from this bud. Like a bot fly!
Whats the brown stuff a few buds down

Dunge

Dunge

Glad you asked.
5 Days since last image.
20171218 142321
20171218 142408

The area seems to have quit growing compared to the surrounding bud.
The central protrusion still looks active, and I'm keeping a close eye on it.
It might just be a dead spot, with shrinking tissue making the center look like an organ.

About 2.5 weeks to harvest.

bongzaway

bongzaway

fuckn cancer tumor man. wtf.

all those premature brown hairs look like budrot. I too thought maybe it was a eggs or some shit like that. I'd pluck some of it and 100x scope it.

def interesting.

chemistry

chemistry

I've had this before, it was from a femmed seed I took cuttings from, it was fine for the first few runs, then it did the same as the plant in the pic, and hermed while in flush for week, not a problem unless you suffer from hayfeaver. lol

Dunge

Dunge

I was waiting to see when those mites would be spotted.
It was disappointing and surprising to see them bloom so quickly on a bud that I thought I was watching closely.
But educational too.
I don't think it is related, but this one funky bud is the only one in the room that showed webs.
My indoor garden has been enjoying a mite population since coming inside after a lovely summer.
I'll try not to get distracted from the main story of mutant growth.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
It was disappointing and surprising to see them bloom so quickly on a bud that I thought I was watching closely.
But educational too.
I don't think it is related, but this one funky bud is the only one in the room that showed webs.
My indoor garden has been enjoying a mite population since coming inside after a lovely summer.
If mites really attack a bud it gets covered with webs. ..stops transpiration and molds

Homesteader

Homesteader

Maybe you could try a soap and water solution to get them under control? I'm not really sure on your options this late in the game. I would think its too late for neem.

Dunge

Dunge

Green Cleaner an Azamax are my go to mite controllers.
Unable to exterminate them, but it keeps them in check.
I had quit treating, thinking the populations would stay low through harvest.
Wrong again.

As for the growth in question, there is no look of fungal presence that I know of.
And as I see proximal buds grow, the thought that the center is being exposed by shrinking surrounding tissue seems ever more likely.
This just makes it a dead budlet.
Still odd.

brazel

brazel

But educational too.
Before bringing inside blast with pressured water, monitor, once or twice a day for six days is typically good. Other methods will generally take longer. Simple, easy and natural

Homesteader

Homesteader

Vacuum works. Know your enemy, learn about them, life cycle, what they prefer.

As with anything if you want to win you study your opponent

"You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em"
-Kenny
With a few weeks to harvest and an infestation that has found its way to the tops, there aren't many good options.

Latest posts

Top Bottom