Any Idea What Is Causing This Bud Stretch?

• Thread starter Creswell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Creswell

Creswell

Heat is not the cause of those 1 finger leaves bro. Please confirm that I am seeing correctly it appears from your pics that the upper leaves are 1 or 2 fingers only which would be an indicator of reveg heat wont cause revegging.
Heat is not the cause of those 1 finger leaves bro. Please confirm that I am seeing correctly it appears from your pics that the upper leaves are 1 or 2 fingers only which would be an indicator of reveg heat wont cause revegging.
Thanks for helping out. I've uploaded a couple more pics which should make things clearer. I think they are single finger leaves at the top.

IMG 4612
IMG 4615
TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Have u kept the light schedule consistent? I change mine a half hour a day to replicate the outdoors and it cause revel. I believe.

Creswell

Creswell

Have u kept the light schedule consistent? I change mine a half hour a day to replicate the outdoors and it cause revel. I believe.
I've just had it 12/12 since flower at the same times each day. I never even thought about replicating outdoors. I'll read up on it once I've dealt with my wee crisis! Thanks

Creswell

Creswell

Raise your lights. You got too much of light and heat there. Possibly some pollen floating too.
Thanks man- I've cranked up outlet fan and set a lower temp on thermostat. It does make sense that it's gotten a lot hotter for the highest buds as they are now at the top of the cabinet which has been empty for most of the grow. I'm just confused about whether it is revegging or not as that seems terminal..

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

A clone I started inside and sent outside it revegged and the rest is history. The clones even hermied because of light and heat stress and sure enough they turned out okay.
Maybe not a death sentwnce unless ur limited in height and or time

Toaster79

Toaster79

Thanks man- I've cranked up outlet fan and set a lower temp on thermostat. It does make sense that it's gotten a lot hotter for the highest buds as they are now at the top of the cabinet which has been empty for most of the grow. I'm just confused about whether it is revegging or not as that seems terminal..

This is the 3rd time I'm seeing C99 doing this under similar conditions. She should fill in though. Just give her some fresh air to breed under those lights. I know people keep saying keep those cfls as close as possible, but those are some chunky lights and they do produce some heat and light intensity.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
This is the 3rd time I'm seeing C99 doing this under similar conditions. She should fill in though. Just give her some fresh air to breed under those lights. I know people keep saying keep those cfls as close as possible, but those are some chunky lights and they do produce some heat and light intensity.

Yeah very weird. C99 is a very consistent, hardy and easy to grow strain from my exerpeince with her. She’ll take all the nutes you can throw at her and never skip a beat.

I do agree though that those cfls are beasts and put out a lot more heat than normal floroscent lights. The bases of them get hot as well. I begged under one of those for years and managing heat was always a concern.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
LOL wow do i know what you mean. The first time I smoked the train wreck i grew i almost took my deck plants down. After getting threw a few doobs the effect is less paranoid....or you get used to it.
You can almost here sirens after the creeper sets in. :D

Yeah I always swore the cops were on the other side of my door waiting to break it down. Lol. I grew her for a year or so and mostly gave it away as it was amazing smoke I just couldn’t handle it personally.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Holy hell lol! That 1 picture looks like nitrogen toxicity at its finest. That eagle clawing and deep dark green is a sure sign you're way over doing the nitrogen. You aren't using cheap prefertilized pellet soil are you? Like Miracle grow time released coco soil?

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I hope the pics above can give a clue as to what's going on. Thanks!
it is undeniably revegetation. Only way to get them back to flower mode is ensure 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness. There is no other explanation. Sorry for the bad newz.

hbrds

hbrds

i have sure revegetation cant deside when to harvest them i dont want to wait for the reweg to finish so sad my hole crob nerly. the worst of my stain is g13 ,critical finish anyway . we had a strong sun in the summer 30 days clear sky maby laser sun through tiny holes in my dark plastic or my new dhumifier but it got green light

Thumbnail IMG 4641
Thumbnail IMG 4642
Thumbnail IMG 4643
Thumbnail IMG 4644
Creswell

Creswell

So I've swapped out the timer for a digital timer, I've increased airflow and lowered temp (which I've read on here is good for final flowering anyway).

Because some of the buds are unaffected (so far), could I harvest some and then wait for the stretched ones to bulk out and harvest later? Or am I being hopelessly optimistic?..

Big thanks to all for your help here btw. I'm trying to grow buds in Scotland and I've got folk all over the world trying to help me out- that's cool.

gwheels

gwheels

So I've swapped out the timer for a digital timer, I've increased airflow and lowered temp (which I've read on here is good for final flowering anyway).

Because some of the buds are unaffected (so far), could I harvest some and then wait for the stretched ones to bulk out and harvest later? Or am I being hopelessly optimistic?..

Big thanks to all for your help here btw. I'm trying to grow buds in Scotland and I've got folk all over the world trying to help me out- that's cool.

It is tough in some outdoor climates. I have a couple of friends in Newfoundland and they have trouble growing 10 week autos.

I told them they should do growing indoors.....its intents.

Top Bottom