Any input on Alg-A-Mic by biobizz?

• Thread starter 40AmpstoFreedom
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

40AmpstoFreedom

Been using it since flower 2-3 ml a litre every 2-3 waterings anyone have dosage suggestions or any input on this nutrient good or bad? Shit is expensive all I can say currently heh. Don't see why I shouldn't just use kelp meal but I have ot order it online.

D

Dr Herbal

Id go 2ml ltr once a week i dont but some people say its very good when used as a foliar feed since i started using it aint looked back. It just adds that little extra there grow dosent have :)

T

Trillion

i use this for cal and mg and other trace nutrients, like dr h said 2ml/ltr. no deficiencies yet... but i don't have anything to compare it to. Cost a tenner for a litre

S

ScrogaholiC

i use BioNova´s algmix, should be near the same ... if sprayed you definitively see that they feel and look super good on the next day ... all the leafs go up to the sun ...

i add a bit to my teas too every second watering ... seems like it doesn´t be worth with it in lol

Solidopc

Solidopc

Algamic is the shit. I never, ever grow without it. You want deep green leathery looking leafs, all healthy, algamic is your friend.

Your doseage sounds very weak though. It's only an additive, and doesn't raise the EC hardly at all. Maybe 0.1 per 1ml a litre. I use it every watering aftere the first 3 weeks, at any rate from 2-5ml per litre. You can't burn your plants using algamic, trust me. It's great for Mg and Ca, so you need to add a fair bit to keep the plants happy, especially if you get a Mg or Ca def.

It also have amino acids, vegetable extracks, trace elements and god knows what else. It works amazingly as a foilier spray too, aswell as in the feed water.

I never looked back once i bought it the first time and have never grown without it since. It's much better than your average seaweed extrract. And only ÂŁ10 a litre, doesn't seem expensive to me.

I'd stick with it if i were you, it's one of the only two things i will never grow without again, the other being mollasses.

B

British_Hempire

It's just cold pressed seaweed extract, there are cheaper brands available.

Solidopc

Solidopc

It's got more stuff in it than your b&q seaweed extract or run of the mill stuff. I've never seen it say on those bottles about vegetable extracts or amino acids. Nor any OMRI or SKAL certificate. And i didn't think they worked half as well. But horses for courses.

40AmpstoFreedom

Ahh I meant 2 ml a litre not gallon my bad guys was following lowest instructions on the back. It was 38$ for the smaller bottle at my hydro store which I thought was expensive as hell but he highly recomended it which is probably cuz of the $ heh....The gallon was super expensive...might need to check prices online since some of you are saying its cheap. I am 30 days out from harvest and used whole bottle next feeding on 27 or so plants.

Solidopc

Solidopc

$38 for algamic? Wow that does sound very expensive. How small is that bottlew? $38 is ÂŁ27, and i pay ÂŁ10 for 1 litre, which would be $13. So i rekon you definatly ought to buy it on the net.

40AmpstoFreedom

yea 32 fl ounces the guy has 1000 watt hortilux bulbs for 140$ too lol only hydro store in a huge city...He didn;t like me mentioning that the same bulbs are 65$ on http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/

Oh well really needed kelp supplement asap and couldnt find it anywhere else at the time other than online

J

jazza

Hi All

Does Anyone Use This in Coco?

Also When is Best Time To Foilier Spray ?

Just Before Lights out ?

Peace Jazza

D

Dr Herbal

never used it in coco but carnt see why not but spray it any time just raise ya light for an hr just started doin this my self and will be carring on to :)

40AmpstoFreedom

My plant anatomy words might be wrong (stomata?), but I know everyone says to foliar spray on the underside of the leaves right before lights out. This because the stomata open up then and absorb it and it also doesn't just evaporate in the heat with the light on...

Hi All

Does Anyone Use This in Coco?

Also When is Best Time To Foilier Spray ?

Just Before Lights out ?

Peace Jazza

Solidopc

Solidopc

Yes i have seen people use biobizz products in coco. Algamic would be perfect, just a quick leaf spray or a little in the feed water. Not sure myself on how the grow and bloom would go on coco, as it might not have all thats needed for the plant. But definatly algamic, top max, fish mix etc are fine. I use algamic on my current coco plants at 2ml per litre at the moment and i spray now and again while in veg at about 1-2ml per litre.

Gives the leafs a lovely leathery green look after about 24 hours or so. I love me algamic.

B

British_Hempire

Biobizz nutes are rubbish in coco, they work but give you a third the yield of canna coco A+B, and quality was no better, I found out the hard way.

Solidopc

Solidopc

Yea, i doubt it's easily asmilited by the plant as the coco nutes, as it needs a bit of breaking down by the ole soil bacterias. But i think an additive would be fine and wouldn't cause problems. So adding a bit of algamic or top max, or fish mix to the coco nutes shouldn't hurt at all. Doesn't seem to be with me, but i'm only using algamic, dont bother with the rest of them. Great for soil, but coco nutes are defo the way to go.

B

ballzdeep

i use bio-bizz nutes in coco with extraordinary results. British Hempire has no idea what he is talking about. Alg-a-mic is the highest quality seaweed extract I have ever used. All others are black in color and do not smell like the ocean. Take a whiff of alg-a-mic and youll smell the ocean, not to mention its pure light green pastel color. You can spend far less on a seaweed extract but do not expect the same results or quality. Just make sure to use it somewhat soon after opening as it will spoil. You can tell t has spoiled when it loses that wonderful light pastel green color and begins to look brown. Return the brown frown to your grow store, they will replace it for free (at least the ones here will, and they say biobizz gets them back). Also to use the biobizz line correctly in a soiless medium you MUST know what your doing. Biobizz does not use a base nutrient that is packed with all the macro, secondary and micronutes that a plant needs. You have to use their organic sources much differently than other hydro nutes to be successful. And obviously using a medium that has little to no nourishment makes that more difficult. With that being said, if you know how to employ biobizz your going to have amazing results. Using biobizz in coco I get the highest quality product with an outstanding yield in a short period of time.

B

ballzdeep

I should add that youll have to use another brands cal-mag in coco. Ive seen some people call alg-a-mic a cal-mag product, it certainly isnt. With no magnesium and .3% calcium is just wont cut it in coco. Ive been using advanced nutes cal-mag but I just switched to cal mag + by general organics because it has no nitrogen and is organic.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
The problem i found with biobizz is that its hard to flush specialy if u grow in there hotmix. I used it and fishmix, damn i could flush right, plants were green for ever...

Latest posts

Top Bottom