Any Mi Residents Get A Recent Letter About Smart Meter Upgrades?

• Thread starter DemonTrich
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
I live in the U.P., from Flint originally. Have had a smart meter for a couple of years now, no more monthly visits from the power company. Do think it is more stealth with the smart meter. Just PAY YOUR BILL ON TIME.

sixstring

sixstring

power co dont give a rats ass what your doin as long as they get the money.i have burnt up 2 of the smart meters here in a 10 month period and they finally gave me back an old style meter with the big horizontal wheel that spins.i was there when the dude installed it and he laughed at the speed it was spinning.i just smiled and said bro,it goes faster when you leave lol.

E 13

E 13

Youi know that they are still going to record you data right? there is no way to turn off the smart meter.

danknate12

danknate12

Smart meter. Own that building you growing in. I believe as of this year it's illegal to grow in a facility you do not own? And if the ceilings tall enough vent out the top and cut A.C. cost

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Have had a "smart meter" for 3 or 4 years now with no problems. Have been growing indoors for several years before I got the "smart meter". Only thing I see that it does is eliminate the monthly visit from the meter reader.

NorthernMich

NorthernMich

I live in the U.P., from Flint originally. Have had a smart meter for a couple of years now, no more monthly visits from the power company. Do think it is more stealth with the smart meter. Just PAY YOUR BILL ON TIME.
Same here No visit from the power company so no way they can smell something,.. just pay on time you are good to grow.

B

brimck325

most don't look to the future when all home growing will be illegal and smart meters will be used to single out every grow room. opt out now!!!

MI.Woody

MI.Woody

Seems like a good idea; They know already at my house, smell, summer green house, monthly consumption monthly visit from the reader. I autopay $750 a month and add a small payment in 2 weeks, and I always carry a positive balance. Last year a State boy at my deck lookin for my nephew with 12 "trees" in the background. This is all as legit as it is can be. So I welcome getting off peak rates they said were avaiable, I'll apply as a cottage industry. When I researched this, the biggest problem for growers was stealing pre meter energy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom