Any Musicians Here?

• Thread starter Mashedmitten
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

Was that you on guitar on those tracks or was it all done digitally? either way well done.

Played drums and guitar for years but the past year and a half I've fallen off. Gotta find time to get back into it. If you're into punk or hardcore this is the band I played drums in. got a few EPs on here. https://thecrackhorse.bandcamp.com/

I played everything.

Cool, I'll check it out.

Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

I want to learn the harmonica but I suck at music. I to liked the crick holler stomp.
Jack

Think of a favorite harmonica song you'd like to learn and find a 'how to play' on youtube. Find out what key it's in and go buy one. Follow the youtube vid. and you'll be playing it before you know it. The next will get easier and easier. I haven't had a severe enough blow to the head to be able to just pick it up and play, there's practice behind it. You don't need to 'know music', just where to put your lips and when to blow or suck.

I decided I wanted to learn finger-picking. I chose Jerry's Breakdown to start, search for it on youtube and see what I signed myself up for. Took me over a year, but I can play it now. Challenge yourself, you'll be surprised what you're capable of. :cool:

Mashedmitten

Mashedmitten

Copied and pasted from my SC page, reason for the mashedmitten moniker.

In 2001, I SMASHED the second metacarpsul in my left (fret) hand in the tailgate of a dump truck. For those that don't know, it's the bone that connects the first finger to the wrist. It was shattered into over two dozen pieces that had to be held together with rods, pins and wire while it healed. The doctor said I would never be able to move my finger let alone play the guitar again. It was a hard journey, but thanks to a strong mind and a high threshold for pain, I can play better than I ever did. Always remember, life is what YOU make it. Nate

Top Bottom