Any Vertical Growers Try Or Switch To Gavitas?

• Thread starter dirtyshawa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimples

Agreed! Hortilux 940 conversion bulbs are what I use for vertical grow! WAY better than single ended HPS in my opinion. I'd like to try gavitas but I don't have ceiling space.
Ive managed to operate 8 Gavita Flex 6/750's in an almost 7ft Michigan basement. They fitted just perfectly in betwixt the floor joices..gaining me almost another foot. About 10 more inches. I still have to keep a low profile plant canopy. Drain to waste rockwool uni slabs and 3 gallon pots of coco coir. Cant run dtw tables because of clearance. So I use saucers all plumbed together for waste water. Out of grow room to sump well. Lowest I know of for full automatic fertigation. I used to shop vac all the spent waste solution but fuk that. Pain in thee ass. Amyways... I never run the 800 watt setting on the lamps. And only 750 setting if I know I can get away with it. The 600 watt setting is just fine. Actually perfect with so many lamps and cross lighting and whatnot. With my pig yielders I can hit 26 maybe 28 zips per lamp of trimmed dried and cured grade A patient quality flowers. And with the 750 watt setting (I have to watch it - it can fry tops) i can nail 2 pounds. Double ended commercial grade DE hps really needs ALOT of height. But I like these Gavitas DE's. So much easier to hit weight numbers compared to hps SE. With single endeds It was alot more work to hit 2+ pounds per thouie. Everything had to be perfect. Temps...humidity...co2...and especially canopy/net trellis.

Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Ive managed to operate 8 Gavita Flex 6/750's in an almost 7ft Michigan basement. They fitted just perfectly in betwixt the floor joices..gaining me almost another foot. About 10 more inches. I still have to keep a low profile plant canopy. Drain to waste rockwool uni slabs and 3 gallon pots of coco coir.
I concur
DSCN0777

Latest posts

Top Bottom