Anyone Else Try Magical Butter Machine?

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SweetTreats

Yes decarb the trim and Pick up some Loran's sweet n sour flavoring, add this counter act some of the bitterness.
Thanks-

I use the Loran oil to flavor my gummy candy. I use 4 bottles of cherry with 4 boxes of cherry jello, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of cherry fruit punch, and 1 cup of corn syrup. Still bitter :(

I'll try decarbing this time

S

SweetTreats

We make butter and cookies. the wife always complains about them being bitter. Had some cookies a friend maid that tasted good. They use half as much trim in their butter. so it takes twice as many cookies to do the job but easier to eat.

Have not made a tincture yet. But I think if you either cut the amount of trim used or the amount of tincture you use. And then eat twice as many they will taste better.

Good suggestion but I need them really concentrated. I'm trying to start a business with them

slimjimham

slimjimham

Weird, not sure why you're having that happen but I'd say to call magical butter direct. They are super helpful!

Again if you don't own one and are looking to, make sure you use this $25 off link to get the best deal. I just started using co2 oil to infuse into coconut oil. Works great!

http://magicalbutter.refr.cc/JFGDNKB
^$25 off link

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

1) will the Machine effectively decarb anything you mix at 200F for 30 min +/-?
You can decarb this way too, yes?

2) are there any larger versions of the MBM? Its awesome but would love a larger unit.
2 thumbs up for it... just wish it had a bigger brother so we dont have to buy an extra...

slimjimham

slimjimham

I would decarb everything first, I've never done it without but I know ghee people at mb strongly recommend it. I decarb in Turkey bags at 250 for 30 minutes. Hope this helps.

Also only the one size right now, maybe something on the future

slimjimham

slimjimham

Yup, it's the shit!!! If you didn't get from the previous posts I'm a fan ha. It can be done without it cut off you want super simple, minimal time to you with maximized efficiency and consistency this is the maine for you. I've used mine a ton!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I honestly don't recall what you're supposed to do, but if it's called for with this machine, then I would say absolutely yes or you won't get the full psychoactive benefits of the THC.

L

L2J1

Hi, I'm new here. I bought the magic machine and love how easy it is. I'm making gummy candy and it's so incredibly strong and my friends love the effect.

I make everclear tincture for 8 hours on 160 degrees.

I evaporate the alcohol and then add corn syrup and flavoring oils to the pan and heat slowly and mix together. I then add my dry gelatin ingredients and let it "bloom" before hearing it again and pouting it into molds.

My question is this-

They are very strong but have a severe bitter aftertaste. Does anyone have suggestions to minimize the bitterness?

I use a lot of sugar and a lot of flavor oils to mask it best I can.

Will decarbing the trim first help alleviate that bitter taste?

Thank you so much
I have never posted here but I had to try. I got my MBM2 last week and the first thing I made was an Everclear tincture set on 8 hrs. Mine has a SUPER bad hay/grass/gross taste too. I decarbed about 1/2 C Strawberry Cough and some trim that I had. It tastes like I used stems and I boiled 3.5 C down to about a Cup to get the alcohol burn out. It's the best tincture I've ever made in that amount of time. I was going to make some gummies tomorrow but I'm afraid no one will want to eat them. (but me lol) Let me know if you have found a solution for that!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
The mbm blends the crap out of it and cooks in plenty of plant matter, when I do a 160f alcohol tincture you can hear it bubble heating up and it smokes. To make a good strong edible without the taste you should try rosin edibles, no taste and it will put you out.
Im having trouble getting a good consistancy rso with my Mbm, I guess I need to double filter because after I render down I get a chunky gritty oil.

L

L2J1

The mbm blends the crap out of it and cooks in plenty of plant matter, when I do a 160f alcohol tincture you can hear it bubble heating up and it smokes. To make a good strong edible without the taste you should try rosin edibles, no taste and it will put you out.
Im having trouble getting a good consistancy rso with my Mbm, I guess I need to double filter because after I render down I get a chunky gritty oil.
Im confused. Plus I'm old. Do you mean make edibles out of rosin? That may not be the correct verbage. I thought rosin was a process that you used a bud and a hot iron for. It seemed bright considering the price of concentrate, but a a lot tedious. My machine didn't smoke but you could here a lot of bubbling. What I ended up with isn't gritty but I'm not to the last. It stains EVERYTHING and its oily. I was thinking about putting it thru a coffee filter before I make gummies but Idk.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You can use any extract as long as you decarb it first. Then you just add it to your butter or oil or whatever you are cooking with. Adding a little soy lecithin is supposed to make it more bioavailable to your body. Bho, qwet, and rosin all have very little taste so they are great for gummies or people that dont like the edible taste.
Edit: Be careful, a gram of concentrate is good for 10 to 20 normal strength edibles.

L

L2J1

You can use any extract as long as you decarb it first. Then you just add it to your butter or oil or whatever you are cooking with. Adding a little soy lecithin is supposed to make it more bioavailable to your body. Bho, qwet, and rosin all have very little taste so they are great for gummies or people that dont like the edible taste.
Edit: Be careful, a gram of concentrate is good for 10 to 20 normal strength edibles.
Thanks for the heads up about extracts.I'm a newbie on that level. Ive been using lecithin for awhile now, I'm a believer.

Doctor dirt

Doctor dirt

I have never posted here but I had to try. I got my MBM2 last week and the first thing I made was an Everclear tincture set on 8 hrs. Mine has a SUPER bad hay/grass/gross taste too. I decarbed about 1/2 C Strawberry Cough and some trim that I had. It tastes like I used stems and I boiled 3.5 C down to about a Cup to get the alcohol burn out. It's the best tincture I've ever made in that amount of time. I was going to make some gummies tomorrow but I'm afraid no one will want to eat them. (but me lol) Let me know if you have found a solution for that!
In my experience; there's no need to "pre-decarb" with the magic butter, as setting it a the lowest temp. will decarb everything in just 2 hours (although you might not extract everything). I take my bud and trim; put it in the freezer; then kind of crush it into the machine until it's filled with bud between the 2 lines; then cover with ever clear. I'll then run a 4 hour cycle; let it sit over night and then run a 2 hour cycle; let it sit over night then strain and collect. I just mix 1-2 teaspoons of this with a glass of juice... voila . That's more of a green dragon recipe. It tastes bad. I don't think it would work in gummies like what you need. The problem is we are extracting all the chlorophyll etc. as well. I've made coconut oil with dry sift kief; that had much less flavor; then you need to do some math guestimating how many mg's of thc per gram of kief; to how many ml of alcohol so that you can get 10-50mg per teaspoon. I figure my farm grade kief is probable 20 thc at best and go from there. I like the machine and think it's great for personal use. Rosin or co2 extracted oil is what allows the big boys to really standardize the product. Consistency takes some work in the basement.
You could always do a 2 hour run; grab that for your gummies and then throw some cocnut oil on all the crap left over and run it 8 hours; strain and make brownies with that as well. Coconut oil really enhances absorption in my experience; I usually end up greening out on my first dose trying to figure out strength; lesson learned...start slow

L

L2J1

I should check my mail more often. I'll have to try your suggestions. I worked pretty hard before I got the mbm, to perfect a butter for my needs. I haven't used it to make butter/coconut oil yet because I just moved and tincture was easiest until I get my kitchen set up. The gummies were a fail. What do you strain with? Do you put your tincture thru another strainer? I really want to try the 2 hr run, then add oil and use that to bake. Ive been making caramels lately, I haven't decided what to make with my first oil. Thank you so much for the tips.

Top Bottom