Anyone else vent into their attic?

• Thread starter RELOADER212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hiboy

hiboy

Yea but pulling air from insde the tent through the lights and out the tent requires only 1 large fan instead of 2 fans one cooling lights and one running your filter. Then you have to have a 3rd fan for intake. Since I have 8' hoods I am using a large filter and just 1 725 cfm inline fan. I just want to exit my hot air somewhere other then back inside my room, which worked for winter, but now its too warm.
Yes i know but electrical draw on fans is minimal costs, and u wont be continuously sucking the air out of the tent, which might be dialed in the way u want, example humidity, temp, or c02.
I use to do it ur way but realized its better to have seperate fans , one for light cooling, and one to bring in and out fresh air.
hb

S

seebobsled

The point is is carbon filter was in his tent which was sucking humidity out of his tent. so yes that is a problem for this specific point. as hiboy pointed out. We really are not disagreeing.

rivirobo

rivirobo

I recently redesigned my tent with( 2) 8' hoods and (2) 600 hps. I am exhuasting air through an 8' carbon filter with a Hydrofarm 725 cfm fan on top of filter, then routed out through my 2 lights and out of tent.

I have a 7x7x7 tent in a spare bedroom. I have a 400 cfm fan pulling air into tent through a window. This was working well through Winter, but now temps are too hot and I need to vent that air out of there. I bought an 8'elbow and mounted up towards ceiling (pictured). My next step is to cut an 8' hole in the ceiling and mount vent going up?
Question, for anyone who has dones this, how does it work out venting in attic, any condensation, mold or anything from all the heat?
Thanks
View attachment 207720
Not an expert. But I tried it thru the attic for the first few weeks and it immediately smelled of attic dust throughout the house. So I vented it out a window and the smell went away.

20190125 171002
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Be careful with that type of venting. Ide check at some point up there to make sure your not causing a mold issue. Once it sets in it keeps growing and when you go to sell itā€™ll cost you a ton of money to fix it.

rivirobo

rivirobo

Good god man, you pot a hole in the ceiling!
lol...this is my newest setup. I have the room sealed off including dry wall over the window and a no-light curtain overlapped and pinned. My temps stay about 1 degree warmer than the room...about 76 - 77. Got a hell of a suction going on with the tent with a passive intake. My battle now is tryi
glad I realized the attic thing was not good
my setup now...

20190207 184544
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
lol...this is my newest setup. I have the room sealed off including dry wall over the window and a no-light curtain overlapped and pinned. My temps stay about 1 degree warmer than the room...about 76 - 77. Got a hell of a suction going on with the tent with a passive intake. My battle now is tryi

my setup now...
Sweet, nice set up! Can you hard line the duct work? Itā€™s way more efficient then flexible ducting.

rivirobo

rivirobo

thanks...my first tent. I did the previous grows in the open room without lst and the buds at the top were the only good ones. Now I am doing mainline and using the tent. My light isn't outfitted for tubes but the temps stay good with the strong exhaust, sucking my tent in with just one passive vent at the bottom open. I am on a budget so the semi rigid duct will do for now. The 250HPS (2007 model) Sun System is supplemented with a 45W Spectrum LED. And of course, the filter for odor is attached directly to the exhaust fan and out the tent. Two small fans, temp gauge, ph gauge, are also in the tent. Not much room in a 2x4x5 !!! I call myself getting good deals:
Tent $13 after $50 off for applying for Amazon cc
6in Fan $36 ebay
250HPS $25 from a friend
2 small fans $22 walmart online
Filter $48 Amazon
8 ft semi rigid duct $14 home depot
Ph and temp gauge ebay $11 for both
Seedman bubblegum fem 6 for $33
Jamaican blue mountain rastafarian bob marley landrace seeds $0 (got them in Jamaica)
Firefox soil $22
Potting bags $12
Nutes $30 Amazon

that's it wish me luck! I still have to sex these so I may only have about half. But I mainlined all of them and hope I can keep em low!

20190207 220145
Ph 007

Ph 007

Yea but pulling air from insde the tent through the lights and out the tent requires only 1 large fan instead of 2 fans one cooling lights and one running your filter. Then you have to have a 3rd fan for intake. Since I have 8' hoods I am using a large filter and just 1 725 cfm inline fan. I just want to exit my hot air somewhere other then back inside my room, which worked for winter, but now its too warm.
I have 1 extractor with my filter in the tent, the extractor sucks in through the filter then it blows through my light cool tube/good then blowers out the tent, so im blwoing air through it with same extractor don't suck it out the light as that heat for a through your fan and can be bad for it,

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I recently redesigned my tent with( 2) 8' hoods and (2) 600 hps. I am exhuasting air through an 8' carbon filter with a Hydrofarm 725 cfm fan on top of filter, then routed out through my 2 lights and out of tent.

I have a 7x7x7 tent in a spare bedroom. I have a 400 cfm fan pulling air into tent through a window. This was working well through Winter, but now temps are too hot and I need to vent that air out of there. I bought an 8'elbow and mounted up towards ceiling (pictured). My next step is to cut an 8' hole in the ceiling and mount vent going up?
Question, for anyone who has dones this, how does it work out venting in attic, any condensation, mold or anything from all the heat?
Thanks
View attachment 207720
I haven't done it...if i had an attic i wouldn't be tempted to do so especially if your lights are on during the night.

I'm thinking worse case scenario...LE flying over head..they see the huge heat signature being pumped from the roof/attic of your crib.

If possible i would go full Stranger Things into the upside down.

Sorry if you haven't seen it(Netflix)but what i mean is you would be better off driving that hot air down under the house..not out from the top...BUT if your legal growing please ignore my previous statement. šŸ™ƒ

thcoso

thcoso

I vent my dry tent into the basement, my flower tent vents into both the veg tent and house feeds fresh air to the flower tent from heat pump upstairs for CO2 rich air.

JeffWix67

JeffWix67

You must vent the tent to the outside of the house through a solid duct ending in a through the roof vent (pic 1) or through the wall (pic 2)...failure to do so will result in the necessity for mold remediation...which is extremely costly and can spread like fire.
Pic 1
Rc8p 1

Pic 2
Stainless Steel Bath Vent

Another alternative is the chimney, but it does not sound applicable to you...note of caution...make sure not to interfere with the furnace side of the chimney or ducting! as this is a common means of ducting furnaces in older houses by using 1 shaft of the chimney for the furnace.

Top Bottom