Anyone Ever Run A De Light With A Magnetic Ballast??

• Thread starter Purple man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purple man

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever ran a double ended light with a magnetic ballast? I order a double ended set up and was very excited to run this new lamp!! Setup came with a 1000+watt e-ballast hook up everything ran like a beast , long story short ballast was a screening eagle of rfi had cable company up and down road searching for the cause ,,,, this led me to my next decision out of fear to try my old magnetic ballast on lamp and fired right up*-right on!!! It's not as bright as e-ballast but worked would love to go back to e-ballast. My question is, has anyone ever tried this? Will this be ok? Hurt my light? Or even worse? Any answers comments are welcome just trying to figure this out thank you all

brazel

brazel

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever ran a double ended light with a magnetic ballast? I order a double ended set up and was very excited to run this new lamp!! Setup came with a 1000+watt e-ballast hook up everything ran like a beast , long story short ballast was a screening eagle of rfi had cable company up and down road searching for the cause ,,,, this led me to my next decision out of fear to try my old magnetic ballast on lamp and fired right up*-right on!!! It's not as bright as e-ballast but worked would love to go back to e-ballast. My question is, has anyone ever tried this? Will this be ok? Hurt my light? Or even worse? Any answers comments are welcome just trying to figure this out thank you all
Haha man I wrapped my cord in aluminum tape... helped a lil. And yes back in the late nineties I made my own by getting replacement ballast for street lights from the electrical supply house moguls and lamps. The best part about it is that I wired it myself so I could get the ballasts far away. God it's been so long but I think it's called the coil, ballast and starter?
Anyway I didn't notice any difference to the best of my knowledge between electronic and magnetic

brazel

brazel

I had a ballast for each light I had to make my own so maybe my info is not relevant

brazel

brazel

And damn you took me back years! Encinitas Hydroponics still pushes magnetic ballast if nobody answers give them a call

brazel

brazel

And the light isn't dependent on magnetic electronic ballast it'll run on both and I assume you're using the correct ballast for the light right

brazel

brazel

I just realized yeah I do know the answer to your question. Whether it's magnetic or electronic as long as the balast is mated to the light you're good

P

Purple man

I got a cheap de system all new but the e_ ballast was sending out rf signals I was still picking them up 4 miles away the hell with that! Don't want no knocks on my door , so put an old mag ballast on the light bulb which was a new De that came with the e_ballast just don't want no fires !!! I am look for a good ballast that won't put off no rf or very lil, don't know if anyone on this site has a good e_ballast with lil to no rf that will push My DE LIGHT I'm buying thank you for your time

Freshone

Freshone

The cord is what's causing the RF issues,all in one units like gavita do away with that.

brazel

brazel

I got a cheap de system all new but the e_ ballast was sending out rf signals I was still picking them up 4 miles away the hell with that! Don't want no knocks on my door , so put an old mag ballast on the light bulb which was a new De that came with the e_ballast just don't want no fires !!! I am look for a good ballast that won't put off no rf or very lil, don't know if anyone on this site has a good e_ballast with lil to no rf that will push My DE LIGHT I'm buying thank you for your time
Yeah I gave multiple emails, sorry I was a lil yeah yeah last night... but read them! I said it doesn't matter what ballast as long as it matches the bulb. New info if you want be safe match ballast to light. Will other ballast fire light...of course but I like to be careful so I wouldnt. You said
it's not as bright, well that's a problem.
Same bulb in the same watt balast but one is magnetic and the other digital?
Well, the difference of these two take place before the output. A watt is a watt no matter how you obtain it. Get a meter and check or read the parameters for what you're using

And I put aluminum foil around my cords from electronic ballast to the plug-in and electronic ballast to the light hood.

Helped a little. Also Google will be your friend the different types of boxes you can make those things you could do help with frequency

Top Bottom