Anyone Grow From Seedlings Under 315 Cmh?

• Thread starter pointer80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pointer80

pointer80

Hello all, I just bought a 315 watt cmh for a 4x4 grow space and was wondering how many members have used this light from the seedling stage on thru veg. If so what is a safe distance to hang the light above seedlings. Thanks all.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hello all, I just bought a 315 watt cmh for a 4x4 grow space and was wondering how many members have used this light from the seedling stage on thru veg. If so what is a safe distance to hang the light above seedlings. Thanks all.

I did recently in a 3x3 tent. My galaxy ballast is dimmable but at full power i needed almost 4 feet to keep them happy. In comparison i need 3ā€™ with a 400w blue metal halide. 315ā€™s are bright!

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

They veg very nice. Just put er at the ceiling to start. 4x4 with a 315 was a good choice imo. They seem to cover more than 3x3 imo but it depends on the reflector I guess

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

They veg very nice. Just put er at the ceiling to start. 4x4 with a 315 was a good choice imo. They seem to cover more than 3x3 imo but it depends on the reflector I guess

I think they are good for 4x4 veg and 3x3 flower in the tent but in my open room only one 315 struggled to light a 3x3 area.

That is the sun system verticle open remote reflector and a galaxy lec ballast.

Multiple 315ā€™s would work better I think they need some overlap to deserve the overblown hype about them.

They are a little better than a 400 metal halide or hps is the truth.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I think they are good for 4x4 veg and 3x3 flower in the tent but in my open room only one 315 struggled to light a 3x3 area.

That is the sun system verticle open remote reflector and a galaxy lec ballast.

Multiple 315ā€™s would work better I think they need some overlap to deserve the overblown hype about them.

They are a little better than a 400 metal halide or hps is the truth.
i agree. They donā€™t replace a 600w mh/hps but are wicked little units. Just like how folks say 400 watts of led watts replace a 1k.. itā€™s like dude those lights are efficient and wicked cool.. ainā€™t gotta lie ta kick it lol

Balanque

Balanque

Hang it high up, I raise mine as far as I can above my plants. I cover a 6x2 with one CMH, Im confident it would veg a 5x5 reasonably well. In veg I'm a little under 50 inches above my seedlings and aside from some initial stretch they are now growing beautifully.

Doofus32

Doofus32

Exactly, Dirtbag. T5 or even CFL grow bulbs. That's all you need for seedlings. I have my 315 cmh 12-14 inches from my Scrog and it rocks...but you might not want to waste the limited lifespan of the bulbs on seedlings that don't appreciate it.

420Artie

420Artie

I got some seedlings of a cross I made under a 315 cmh about 3' from the light.
They're loving the 315 cmh but a t5 would be better for cost savings . I love 315 cmh cause it has uv so when I take seedlings outside for outdoor growing they don't get fried by the sun.

MBVapester

MBVapester

I have a single 315 in a 4x4 veg and they do veg nice. I would say 4x4 is max for 1. Running 3 in my 4x8 flower room and would like 4 in there. Great lights just not the penetration of hps. A light mover would also help to get a bit more penetration and coverage which I may do as a cost alternative.

C

crippykeeper

It might just be my opinion. Although I think the lights are vary good for the grow and the plants are vary happy with them. I don't think the seedlings are happiest under the CMH.

bankcee

bankcee

Exactly, Dirtbag. T5 or even CFL grow bulbs. That's all you need for seedlings. I have my 315 cmh 12-14 inches from my Scrog and it rocks...but you might not want to waste the limited lifespan of the bulbs on seedlings that don't appreciate it.

one 315 to what size of script canopy? 3x3? 4x4? read a lot that it would struggle with flowering a 4x4, but i wanted to try it anyways lol

Thetinman

Thetinman

Ok, here it IS! Been experimenting on what works as far as the magical LUX number is concerned for lings and clones.

Its 4k. Tents have reflection. Does not matter on distance, yo! Buy a lux meter for like 20 bucks, so worth it!
Thatinman

crustycorcus

crustycorcus

I run 630s( dual 315s) in a 4x4. Would be unhappy with a single personally

Latest posts

Top Bottom