Anyone grow out Candyland freebies?

• Thread starter Whippleschnitz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Has anyone had germination problems with any freebie Candyland seeds they had? I received some freebie seeds with an order last year. It was Purpler KushxChemdawg 08. I finally got around to trying them out and had 0/5 germinate. :sign0065: I've never had zero seeds come up. Ever. Not even from bagseed. Like I said, these were free so I'm not getting twisted over it, just a little confused.

Here were my storage and germination steps:

Seeds were stored in a cool, dry, dark environment with a few grains of rice in the bag. (came from the farm like that) Stored for about 10 months.

Seeds were soaked overnight in plain water. All but one had sunk to the bottom by the morning. Planted all 5 seeds into moistened jiffy peat pots, about 1/8" below surface. Pots went into a tray with humidity dome and then sat in a dimly lit room with steady temps of 74F. I have used this method for years and usually achieve 90%-100% germination.

Nothing ever germinated. Sucks, I was really looking forward to getting some chem genes back into my tent.

W

Worddd

Heya Whippleschnitz, bad luck man, too bad none germed. A friend of mine grew out the purple kush X Chemdog from candyland, he didn't get them through the farm as freebies though. Don't know if he had bad germ ratio, he only flowered out one female, but she was a pretty girl, and some pretty nice smoke too, but didn't smoke enough of her to fully get a feel for her, but nice it was. Too bad you didn't get the Chemdog you were looking for in these, but fortunately the farm is full of nice Chemdog related genetics.

best greetings
Worddd

C

chunkymunky

sad to hear this, i have the purple dawg #3 which i bought for a cheap price from here last year some time. along with the order were doodler kush freebies from candyland, i just might have to get to cracking these beans. the cherry assassin, da orange sheikh and blizzard locomotive all had 100% germ rates.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
chunckymunky, how were the blizzard locomotive ?? High? Taste ? How long/length of high ? High or stone ??Thanks in advance !! monkey5

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I see the Candyland board is back and so is Dr. Candyland. Good to have you back Doc. Just want to update my original post. After 25 days I had two plants germinate. I had forgotten about them after two weeks and just left them off to the side. To my amazement, I noticed two little sprouts had come up and both turned out female. :rock They are now about 7 days into 12/12. I can't wait to see what becomes of them.

Here is the tent now full with these PurpleDawgs, some Jillybeans, Happy BrotherXChemD IX1, SAGEnSour and a strain I have been working for years outdoors.

4x4_DR120d.jpg

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
nice looking plants very healthy, nice even canapy

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Thanks Kid. It has required a lot of serious bending :muscle (no strings or screens involved) to get and keep all 5 strains the same height. They are all in a Roots Organic soil mix ammended with coco, perlite and lime. This is my first run using PureBlendPro and as you mentioned the girls are very healthy and happy.

I usually only have 9 plants in this 4x4 tent but with the 11 that are now in there it is pretty tight and they are mostly all tall with side growth being directed straight up. It should end up with a canopy full of frosty goodness.:cool0010:

winta

winta

glad to hear they turned out good for u my dude! looks good in there 4sho great job!

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
Glad to hear a couple made it for u Whippleschnitz, it looks good in there man. keep up the good work brotha.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Glad the two poppep up for ya and btw thats some mighty fine work on the conopy. Different strains too. Bravo!!!!whippelschnitz!!!!!!Bravo!!

fred

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

Here is a quick update. These are pics from one pheno, the other one is identical in structure but is purpling some on the fan leaves. These pics are from day 48 of 12/12 and the trichs are 50/50 clear/cloudy. It won't be long now.:banana:

PurpleDawg_day48g.jpg
PurpleDawg_day48f.jpg
PurpleDawg_day48e.jpg
PurpleDawg_day48d.jpg
PurpleDawg_day48c.jpg
PurpleDawg_day48b.jpg
PurpleDawg_day48a.jpg

I'll get some pics of the other pheno before the chop.

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I've got a question for the good Dr. or anyone who may know. I haven't grown out either of the parents of this cross and was wondering if you can tell from these pics which pheno these are? Does this look more like a Chem pheno or a Kush pheno? Looks more like real cross between the two to me. It has mostly stopped calyx growth a week ago and seems to be pushing more and more trichs as the days go by. It has a spicy scent with a wicked funk to it. If this hits a strong as it looks and smells this is going to be kept around for a long time. Not bad for some one off freebies that I had given up on.

Top Bottom