Anyone Growing Any Ethos Collective Beans??

• Thread starter jammie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoseThemAll

DoseThemAll

lmao:)

Might be because you are running his actual cuts, not these S1 seed bornes that we are.... different scenario altogether. These S"1" seeds are supposed to be produced with a process that uses Gibberlic Acid and manipulating environmental factors, the "alphafem" method for more "stable" lines. now two posts of hermies.... I wouldn't go calling people novices randomly, not knowing who they are.

I would have to have quite the ego to call everyone having an issue a novice, wasn't my intention. I just know some strains are more sensitive to their enviorment, and the Mandarin is one of them. My point was, its not uncommon for her to show some nanners, even in the legit cuts. I kinda felt the need to balance that out with some good, sorry if I offended you.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I would have to have quite the ego to call everyone having an issue a novice, wasn't my intention. I just know some strains are more sensitive to their enviorment, and the Mandarin is one of them. My point was, its not uncommon for her to show some nanners, even in the legit cuts. I kinda felt the need to balance that out with some good, sorry if I offended you.

I thought the mandarins was pretty easy to grow. They were in a back corner & really didnt get any special attention as I had a room full of new flavors at the time. Can't wait to get my new batch of clones going & give it a little more love this run.... Just ordered a couple Old Dominion & Duke diamond packs, I'll see how they stack up to my ethos gear later this year.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

I thought the mandarins was pretty easy to grow. They were in a back corner & really didnt get any special attention as I had a room full of new flavors at the time. Can't wait to get my new batch of clones going & give it a little more love this run.... Just ordered a couple Old Dominion & Duke diamond packs, I'll see how they stack up to my ethos gear later this year.
Anything Duke has is true fire, he has bred hard into his strains. He ain't no pollen chucker like ethos. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some more of his gear.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
EE303AB2 53FA 45D6 A71F 1E54130FD7A5
Definitely not my best batch but still not bad for an over stretched hot manderine cookie

Dbear180

Dbear180

View attachment 813457 Definitely not my best batch but still not bad for an over stretched hot manderine cookie

You have many issues with the cookies being crossed in there? These other guys seem to hear & fead a lot but I've had no issues with the mandarin dreams at all. Its currently my fav thing to burn.

sshz

sshz

Again, I've been nothing but happy with everything from Ethos I've grown. I've searched out many grows on their strains and only stick to strains that have no reports on hermies........

sshz

sshz

I did want to mention I ended up getting 66 oz. from the Zsweet Inzanity under two 1000 watt HPS.........not my very best but in my top 5 for sure. If you are looking for quality, then grow with the Inzane in the Membrane- if you are looking for weight and ease of growth- the the Z.I. is the way to go. It appearts there are some new strains comeing from Ethos in a month or two also, per their Instagram (or is it Twitter) account.

DoseThemAll

DoseThemAll

Again, I've been nothing but happy with everything from Ethos I've grown. I've searched out many grows on their strains and only stick to strains that have no reports on hermies........

I agree, for as long as he's been slinging genetics, there aren't many complaints. A couple here and there is expected in any business.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

I agree, for as long as he's been slinging genetics, there aren't many complaints. A couple here and there is expected in any business.

well, i'll be damned i just read this thread and i would say it made me feel your statement "here and there" gives a very different view of the herm tendencies of his gear. last i check here and there is very close to rarely or not usually. ijs
hell the dude u quoted said he found 4 seeds but prior to that he was all in with no herms lol.

all i;m saying is let the proof speak for itself , folks should stop trying to steer others towards iffy gear just because their personal experience was ok when other most definitely were not. unless ur a rank newb all i'm saying should be obvious to everyone here. smdh lol some shit never changes

i do appreciate the insight into their gear though. to answer the question of why he would fem mono plants. well, for money like anything else and if you give folks a disclaimer and twice the beans then it's their choice tO take the risk.
as we can see from this thread and others like RIU(i use them mainly for strain feedback only) it's obvious folks want to try.
I do feel the disclaimer should be on the strain info FOR BUYERS TO SEE though.

Last edited:
Scotbot

Scotbot

Where I order my ethos seeds from they are guaranteed. Complete satisfaction. I believe if there was a lot of negative about his gear then this seed vendor would not carry them ;) Also I ordered DJ Short's blueberry.
same deal,if Im not 100% satisfied I get taken care of. And I dont think he (James) would be supporting shitty breeders.

DoseThemAll

DoseThemAll

When you say most others your simply referring to those on this forum, which found their way here with a complaint. The way I see it, Im sure Ethos has sold to thousands of customers, where are those complaints? The numbers favor the breeder.
well, i'll be damned i just read this thread and i would say it made me feel your statement "here and there" gives a very different view of the herm tendencies of his gear. last i check here and there is very close to rarely or not usually. ijs
hell the dude u quoted said he found 4 seeds but prior to that he was all in with no herms lol.

all i;m saying is let the proof speak for itself , folks should stop trying to steer others towards iffy gear just because their personal experience was ok when other most definitely were not. unless ur a rank newb all i'm saying should be obvious to everyone here. smdh lol some shit never changes

i do appreciate the insight into their gear though. to answer the question of why he would fem mono plants. well, for money like anything else and if you give folks a disclaimer and twice the beans then it's their choice tO take the risk.
as we can see from this thread and others like RIU(i use them mainly for strain feedback only) it's obvious folks want to try.
I do feel the disclaimer should be on the strain info FOR BUYERS TO SEE though.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

When you say most others your simply referring to those on this forum, which found their way here with a complaint. The way I see it, Im sure Ethos has sold to thousands of customers, where are those complaints? The numbers favor the breeder.
I HAVE TO CONCUR WITH Your statement dude. peace

Dbear180

Dbear180

LGBT @ 8 weeks 2 phenos, one is a lil more stocky indica dom structure smells very sour, the other is a little stretchy smells like kushy citrus but not sour like the other. Both of them are pretty frosty. Flushed today, a couple more & she'll be coming down.

She burnt just a little, guess my usual feed was a bit more than she liked because my two other strains didnt burn & the mandarin dreams from my last run didnt burn the tips either @ the same strength.

I'm happy so far, well see how they smoke in a few weeks.
20181030 202235
20181030 202152

sshz

sshz

My next crop, Ethos Chem OG, day 26 in veg. Another couple of days I'll switch over to flowering. Healthy overall, but I'm having to increase Cal/Mag to 10ml/gallon to fight off some tacoing. Typical "Kushy" stink going on too.

IMG 0589

EthosHermies

EthosHermies

I got fucked by ethos. Meet them at Cannabis cup and I spoke with them for a good twenty minutes. I kept saying, "I can not having any seed in my weed" So I ended up buying member berry on their recommendation and they gave me 6 free Citral Glue seeds. Now I never grow freebies, generally, because I will only have one or two. But being impressed with Ethos "alpha fem" technology I deiced to grow the Citral Glue also. ( Citral Glue seeded *** ounces of my medicine! )

I then had to trow away 4 large CG plants costing another *** ounces? I contacted Ethos and this is what they had to say...

Adrian Turner from ethos - " Thanks for reaching out with your issue. The Gorilla Glue #4 uses Chemdog's Sister, as part of her makeup. The Chem line is notorious for spitting out a nanner or two on the bottom two branches around day 14 of flower, where higher levels of GA3 tend to settle. What I suspect happened is the Citral Glue seeds you popped leaned heavy towards the glue side and even more, the glue was expressing that Chem nature. Nanners popped about day 14 and now there are seeds."

I would stay far away from ETHOS seeds unless you want seeds! After reading some of these post I had to sign up and let people know my experience.

ETHOS IS KNOWINGLY GIVING OUT SEEDS THAT HAVE A GOOD CHANE OF HERMES.

Leew421

Leew421

I hear what youre saying but someone buying any gg4 genetics should know that nanner are a possibility. Blaming someones whole operation for some seeds is a bit much.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I've had zero herm issues all the way down to the last nub with 2 fem mandarin dreams phenos & 2 reg LGBT phenos. The mandarins was great but I just chopped the LGBT so I dunno how that smokes yet.

My exotic "chromatose" threw some nanners on 3 out of 4 @ 2-3 weeks in. I tossed em, that last one had some tiny green seed @ the end of week 9 just on the bottom nubs, but I prob wont run it again with those odds unless this turns out to be some real good smoke.... It's an OG cross, maybe thats why its unstable.

However, my "big smooth" from exotic has impressed me both times so far. No herm issues at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom