Anyone Have A Good System For Making Capsules?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I have the caps and the holder to make 25 at a time. So I'm ready to go for the weekend. I just need to set up the weed and oil(what kind?) to put in the caps.

Any suggestions?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I used these
61Ye5BTMAkL SL1000

The curved tip really helps. Plus you can cut it so it flows better coming out.
I use a heating blanket to keep the oil viscous enough so when filling, it pours into the capsule.

Last edited:
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

It will work as long as filling only the bottom half of the empty capsule. Won't be able to fill any more than the bottom half of cap unless fill the top part of the capsule only half the way up.

They work in different capsule sizes. Think this is what he was referring to as the holder, not sure.

Anyways, the syringe alone is way easier if it's just a camping trip. :)

juggernaut

juggernaut

Any suggestions on what oil i should for mixing it with the weed? How long?How much oil is needed for 2 oz of bud, what temp?
Its for pain so the more potent the better.
Just trying to do things right.
TY

shemshemet

shemshemet

Yes I follow bad kats recipes for making thc infused coconut oil.

Use coconut oil forsure. I have a piece of styrofoam I dug out more than 25 holes to stick the bottoms of the caps in. Fill em up and attach the top. If your hand is steady enough to bring to the fridge, or your house is cold enough, you can chill the bottoms filled with oil like @Herb Forester kindly pointed out (great idea).

As far as potency I aim for as much as possible trim to oil ratio. I often find not being able to put the ratio I want in, as it is just too dry.

Decarb your bud. Typically 40-50g trim to 1 cup of melted oil. But I have to use about 1.5-1.75 cups of oil to be efficient and cover the leaves. If your using bud you can probable go at 35g to cup of oil. Then process in oven with aluminum foil sealing the top. 220 for about 45 mins. Let it cool, take off the top and give a good mix. Freeze that shit 6+ hours. Let it come to room temp. Cook again 220 45 mins. Let cool to touch. Mix that shit good. Seal up again and process 220 for 45. You want to go to sleep? Cook again at 220 for 45. You dont want to wake up, AT ALL? Cook one more time but for 30 mins.

After processing, put the mixture into a cheesecloth in a potato ricer. Squeeze that bitch.

Make sure to keep the oil liquid while filling, but NOT HOT. Too hot will warp the caps.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Any suggestions on what oil i should for mixing it with the weed? How long?How much oil is needed for 2 oz of bud, what temp?
Its for pain so the more potent the better.
Just trying to do things right.
TY

do you have the cap-m-quik? if you do, don't use the spacer they provide. Just let them sit like they are at 1:51 in the video, that way they are sticking out and your syringe can fill them easily...

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

skunkfarm tek
293* for 9 mins and DONE!

easy peasy for perfect decarbing.

not sure why people spend 10 hrs trying to decarb their meds when it takes as little as 9 mins.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think I could make use of that thing, thanks for sharing @MrBelvedere :D

S

Static

I make my herb/oil ratio with a slightly less oily than pesto consistency.

Also, dont forget lecithin...
it seriously makes a huge difference
in potency.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Old thread. But maybe someone can answer this.
Does anyone know what lecithin is and how it improves potency? I've never heard that.
Lecithin doesnt really make it more potent, it just increases absorption of thc and other cannabinoids, so it will make the coconut oil more effective and it will come on faster and feel a little stronger. Ive used it in my coconut oil many times and will continue to do so. If you do decide to add it find a good quality non gmo one, theres soy and sunflower lecithin, ive heard the sunflower is easy on people with digestive issues. I usually used 1 tbs per cup of oil. Hope this helps my friend.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

With it lessen the horrid taste of the coconut oil any? I HATE coconut oil, but I make big master batches of tincture for my patients.....and when I'm bored like tonight.

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Haha i wish DemonTrich, i know what you mean too, i always burp up the coconut oil... a few years ago i made a batch with Ziggy Marleys coco'mon orange almond coconut oil and that was pretty damn good, he had other flavors too. Could look into some food grade essentional oils too.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Don't add a flavoring to coconut oil. It will taste like flavored ass! Cotton candy coconut oil, nasty.

Need to stop coming on here when I'm medicated.
Lol

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Don't add a flavoring to coconut oil. It will taste like flavored ass! Cotton candy coconut oil, nasty.

Need to stop coming on here when I'm medicated.
Lol
Ok so you must of tried it already then lol thats good advice... but are you saying plain ass is better than flavored ass?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If it smells like... better not type that out. Need to hold a high standard. Lol

Yes, plain coconut ass is better than flavored.

Latest posts

Top Bottom