Anyone heard of an insecticide called...

• Thread starter Delerium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Delerium

Delerium

Anyone heard of an insecticide called "Tanilin"
I'm not sure if the spelling is right but it comes in a small approx. 2 ounce squeeze bottle . I believe the label is yellow and has some Diatomaceous Earth in it claimed by the salesperson.
I know you use 40 drops per gallon.
Local shop had it, pretty steep to @ 44 bucks a btl pre discount.

Delerium

Delerium

I just found it.
Company out of Australia.
The dude who did the recipe for Rock's Resinator I guess has started his own line.

Already have benies, didn't want to crack 50 bucks for 20ml bottle of an insecticide right on the spot before I looked into it.

iCultivate

iCultivate

I'm in Australia and can't say I've noticed it in shops.

Gnat Off is the one I use. Around the same price, so fairly exy.

-- iCultivate --

Delerium

Delerium

I'm in Australia and can't say I've noticed it in shops.

Gnat Off is the one I use. Around the same price, so fairly exy.

-- iCultivate --
Seen Gnat off. I wonder if they knocked it off, I'll have to look at the ingredients.
I stopped by a shop that I rarely go to. Got into talking and he didn't have any brochures but a feeding chart card for CX hydro which he said his larger commercial guys were using instead of GH, House, Canna now.
Tanlin was mentioned on the feeding chart. I could not for the life of me find it online till I looked at the literature in the bag and seen the product on there.
Everything was coming up for Italian or Sri Lanka in the search engines.

I had spoken to a few shops in Australia looking into Rock and most said it is a solid co. Was so little info on it last year on the web including .Au
Did they change their name?
The co claims to be 15+ years old I'd figure to have found info a bit easier on the web.
Thanks -- iCultivate --

iCultivate

iCultivate

Gnat Off is simply Bti. It works and works well. Not cheap, but when the gants hit hard, any amount of money seems fine.

As for your question about Rock, to be honest I have no idea. I don't even know who makes Gnat Off, never scrutinised the label to that degree. Keep in mind that the industry is somewhat underground here. I mean obviously there are commercial retail hydro shops and all, but they all still have fairly small customer bases where many of them build repoire with the retailer. All the shops pretend it's all about growing tomatoes, but it's a joke. So companies that produce products rely on the shops for advertising, and word of mouth. There sure aren't any ads for hydro products on the TV!

-- iCultivate --

Delerium

Delerium

Gnat Off is simply Bti. It works and works well. Not cheap, but when the gants hit hard, any amount of money seems fine.

As for your question about Rock, to be honest I have no idea. I don't even know who makes Gnat Off, never scrutinised the label to that degree. Keep in mind that the industry is somewhat underground here. I mean obviously there are commercial retail hydro shops and all, but they all still have fairly small customer bases where many of them build repoire with the retailer. All the shops pretend it's all about growing tomatoes, but it's a joke. So companies that produce products rely on the shops for advertising, and word of mouth. There sure aren't any ads for hydro products on the TV!

-- iCultivate --
Sounds like the same stuff that goes on in non-medical states here, you have to be a code talker. Technically even at a hydro stores in Michigan some still get irked if you talk about cannabis unless they know you , still is a no no, some still code talk.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why no MSDS for the Tanlin? I can't find one at all. That would tell you exactly what's in it.

Delerium

Delerium

Why no MSDS for the Tanlin? I can't find one at all. That would tell you exactly what's in it.
I'm gonna look for it shortly. They didn't have any literature all they had was a feed schedule.
I didn't know it was the same manufacturer until i look at the card they gave me. SO I was trying not to forget the name of the insecticide the whole way home.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I can't find an MSDS for the product, so please do attach or link it if you do. :) I've mentioned before that fungus gnats are the bane of my indoor cultivation, a chronic, debilitating problem when popping seeds inside, so I'm interested in all organic methods.

neverbreak

neverbreak

u had no success with bti sea? or cap bennies? always done the trick for me.

neverbreak

Delerium

Delerium

running caps root and foliar.
I called biofloralusa.com of the MSDS, earlier today, they said they would email the info.

neverbreak

neverbreak

This is the first time I'm doing Cap's bennies 'hard.' But yeah, Bti, like in the form of stuff like DiPel no es bueno.

dipel ain't var israelensis sea, it's kurstaki (btk). it won't work on gnats, only catepillars. for those ya need bti.

neverbreak

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Excellent, I've got some frass samples from the Emerald Cup, as well as my own from my mealworm colony.
dipel ain't var israelensis sea, it's kurstaki (btk). it won't work on gnats, only catepillars. for those ya need bti.

neverbreak
Ah fuck... now I've gotta go downstairs and look at what I've got that's the Bti. You're right, but IIRC the label says it'll work in Sciarids. If the Mosquito Dunks are Bti, then I can state unequivocally that I've used those as well (that's why I tried the DiPel).

Top Bottom