Anyone Know When They May Reopen Applications For Licenses?

• Thread starter Shatterstar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krypto

Krypto

Producer or dispensary, but I think right now we have way too many producers in the state.
Is this why y'all can't grow at home?
Illinois is a "light green" state. But man i was bummin' for you guys.
So, what's up with that anyway? Your state is MMJ & REC...but you can't grow your own without a license? Ir just NO.
We're still MMJ ONLY! and unless you live in FU*KING CHICAGO!!! forget about getting a "real" OG. The closest dispensary to us is an HOUR AWAY!
... I'm not shouting at you. But it friggggin' Buh-Lowes! We will most definitely move to MO. right across the river. They don't have MMJ or REC...But you can grow the shit outta HEMP!
and whatever you can get away with ? Lol.

Menehune

Menehune

Producer or dispensary, but I think right now we have way too many producers in the state.

Take a look at this website: https://502data.com/

If you look at the sales trend you will see that it's on the rise. If the dispensaries continue to increase their sales volume then we will need more producers (more producing producers). I add that caveat because you can see that there are producers that have held licensing for the last 1-2 years without showing any sales.

This all rolls back to the state taking a "slow-as-we-go" approach to this industry. Once the state has identified the businesses that are actually using their licenses, know what they are doing, and are following the strict seed-to-sale protocols and procedures... they will issue more licenses.

Honestly the demand will be there, but if you really want to get in on being a producer then you could look for one of those "non-performing" license holders and either make a deal with them to work under their license or better yet obtain it from them.

If I had to guess as to when they will issue more licenses, I would say probably January of 2019. But...who knows for sure. A lot depends on what the current license holders do with their license. The state wants this to be successful. If your going to be a commercial marijuana producer, the expectation is that you produce. There were people who did not have the skills/knowledge/experience/facility to operate a production that ended up with licenses and growing low quality/low yield.

There are still some areas that are not capped for opening a dispensary, but the LCB is no longer taking applications. This is because the state has a huuuuge stack of apps and there are plenty people already in line to fill the remaining slots.

My bro and I, through a miracle, obtained a T1 producer license. We are currently going through the review process and permitting. (can't happen fast enough!) A T1 License can have (3) permits under it. That means that initially when you get a license you also get (1) permit. You can apply for (2) more permits under that license. Each permit allows you to grow up to 2000ft2 total canopy. So T1 Producer license max's out at 6000ft2.

Menehune

Menehune

Is this why y'all can't grow at home?
Illinois is a "light green" state. But man i was bummin' for you guys.
So, what's up with that anyway? Your state is MMJ & REC...but you can't grow your own without a license? Ir just NO.
We're still MMJ ONLY! and unless you live in FU*KING CHICAGO!!! forget about getting a "real" OG. The closest dispensary to us is an HOUR AWAY!
... I'm not shouting at you. But it friggggin' Buh-Lowes! We will most definitely move to MO. right across the river. They don't have MMJ or REC...But you can grow the shit outta HEMP!
and whatever you can get away with ? Lol.
We can totally "grow-our-own" in Washington state. Here's the breakdown from http://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/grow-marijuana-washington/

Here’s what you should know:

1. Growing is limited to medical use
  2. Growers must be 21
  3. Grow four plants without registration
  4. Cooperative gardens are allowed
  5. Registration is recommended but not required

Growing Medical Weed in a Recreational State

There’s more to marijuana growing in Washington. Here are more details:

1. Growing is Medical-Use Only. Washington is a recreational state, but it does not allow growing for recreational purposes. Home growers must have a recommendation from a doctor.
  1. Growers need to be 21. Washington restricts growing to medical patients, but it does not restrict the age of patients. Growers must be 21 and may be the designated grower for an underage Dispensaries that grow for patients must employ growers that are 21 and up.
  1. Grow up to 4 (or 15) plants. With a recommendation from a doctor, a patient can grow up to four plants. With registration, a patient can grow fifteen plants. If multiple patients reside in one house, the limit is fifteen plants.
Breaking this rule will cause more hassle than anything else. You will be arrested, but you can argue it in court if a doctor can explain why you need so much. The worst part is, if you grow too many (or grow without a recommendation), police can keep your plants, even if you win in court.

1. Cooperative gardens are allowed. Up to four patients can grow together. Up to sixty plants can be grown in a cooperative The harvest can be as much as 72 ounces.
Cooperatives are basically gardening clubs for patients. In them, patients work together to grow a variety of strains. All patients must be 21 or older and must register with the state. A cooperative garden cannot be less than 1 mile from a retail location.

1. Register if you want to. Registering as a patient will earn you a recognition card that can be displayed as proof of permission to grow. In addition to having a grower’s permission slip, you can also grow more plants than those without it. A recognition card will also prevent arrest, as long as you do not have more than 15 plants.
Growing without registration is allowed but risky. If you do not have a recognition card, you could be arrested, but you may not be guilty if you produce a medical recommendation. If you don’t plan to register, it’s best to keep your growing stealth.

Washington laws favor retail marijuana, but some room has been left for patients who prefer to grow their own. With the closing of medical dispensaries and limitations on where cooperative gardens can exist, growing at home is the best option for Washington patients.

Top Bottom