Anyone Out There Using The Ceramic Metal Halide?

• Thread starter treeratt59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
treeratt59

treeratt59

Just wondering if the new old technology is worth the change. I like using less energy, because now I could afford two lights versus one. Been looking at PAR and lumens of different brands and like what I see, thoughts???

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I added one to my 2 600w Hortilux Super Hps flower room. It is perfect for the 2.5' x 2.5' space I wanted to fill. I rotate the plants so they all get the benefit of the better spectrum and with that and the overlap the plants look and seem happier and quality, taste and smell and potency and maybe even complexity in the highs are all improved a little.

The lower buds do not develop quite as dense or large as my 600's but very close and the footprint is a foot smaller effectively is my opinion on the negatives of my sun system 315 3100k with a galaxy ballast.

I think if I used 3 where my 2 600's are now it would work well. Still less watts by 25%. About 3.5' x 7' footprint.

Patients noticed the improvements even without knowing I did anything different.

I am switching out one of the hps bulbs for a 600w hortilux blue soon. That adds more uv and more blues to my room. Should be about an even spectrum all round with the powerful reds of the cmh and hps ballanced by the blue metal halide.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I only use cmh exclusively. Have 8x600w digital ballasts collecting dust. For veg you better be careful. Growth is FAR FAR superior than a 600mh bulb. I have huge growth, and huge ass stalks vs my previous 4+yrs 600mh grows. Flower, is on par with 600w hps. It doesn't out right beat a 600 hps, but is nearly as good for yield. But your saving $$$ in power bills and not needing the ac to run as long. See my 2 flower threads and my veg thread for proof.

treeratt59

treeratt59

ok all I'm finding are the 315W, are there any larger or does anybody know if larger are being developed? I like all the responses, I think I'll give em a try. Thanks everyone.

treeratt59

treeratt59

What I see from this is that the amount of light is doubled but not the intensity, I know more is good but bigger is better. I will still give em a try though. Thanks for you comment, I've learned a lot from this forum.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What I see from this is that the amount of light is doubled but not the intensity, I know more is good but bigger is better. I will still give em a try though. Thanks for you comment, I've learned a lot from this forum.

I like the idea of using 3 of my sunlight supply remote reflectors for a 4x8 area rather than the 2 bulbs being in the same reflector.

But I am liking the 600hps and a 315 LEC used together more. They are being used to supplement spectrum with 1000w de hps per table in some commercial grows.

F

FooDoo

wrong. when it comes to growing more is not good and bigger is not better.

LESS is more.

H

Happy Haole

315's are the tits...I run a 600hps with a 315 on each side in a 4x8...frosty and chunky all the way to the bottom. I have a dual 315...one ballast..two reflectors and I love it.

Farmingchef

Farmingchef

315's are the tits...I run a 600hps with a 315 on each side in a 4x8...frosty and chunky all the way to the bottom. I have a dual 315...one ballast..two reflectors and I love it.
Where did you find that have not seen that yet

Navillusii

Navillusii

I run x2 1k hps and x2 630 lec. As stated before under the lec the lower buds don't really develope but what the light hits is great. bigger, harder buds, much higher oil production. They also run cooler but i still need the ac on, just doesn't run as hard.

Top Bottom