Anyone Tried Using Large Ice Box For Reservoir

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I should be done with my first grow and a month or so I've been thinking of upgrades.

One thing I've been told is that I should have a reservoir that can hold the same amount of water that my system runs on without it. Considering that at most I will run 6 plants in 5-gallon pots that will hold four gallons of water each, I will need a total of 30 gallons to be safe.

My assumption is that a nice cooler would be the best starting point for a reservoir because it would offer better built-in temperature control than any other container I can think of.

Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on why this might be considered a good or bad idea?

Thanks for taking the time!

P.S. If anyone has an idea that they consider a better plan of attack then my current suggestion please share, I would appreciate it!

LilCervantes

LilCervantes

Cooler sounds like a great idea, if it has wheels and can be moved easily even if filled with 23 gallons.
Not sure if such a pristine cooler exists yet though.

Alternatively a 55 gallon drum is tried and true
hydro stores have them most times for around $90 around here.

5 gallon pots that will hold 4 gallons of water sounds like dwc.:fire: If it isn't then that's a little too much water :sweating::cry:

55 gallon would also give you a little room to expand for the future set up.

if you're good at searching around you'll also find 30 gallon drums but might end up paying more cause of supply and demand.

https://www.uline.com/Product/Detai...kg-vE9_b38pH7eridFxoCynQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

do you have a link for the cooler?

cheers:smoking::smoking::drunk2:

Top Bottom