Anyone Use Supercloset Grow Boxes?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

I love the look of these supercloset grow boxes. I need something small and stealthy and I don't care to build something myself. Plus they have a no smell guarantee with their boxes I believe. Has anyone used or had any experience with this brand? 1500 is a lot of $$ for a grow box but if they work well I don't care,,

mikeb437

mikeb437

I'm looking for something small and stealthy. And I don't want to build one. Do these systems grow good buds in a stealthy way is what I'm asking. I want no smell, sound or lights visible..

H

happy b

I love the look of these supercloset grow boxes. I need something small and stealthy and I don't care to build something myself. Plus they have a no smell guarantee with their boxes I believe. Has anyone used or had any experience with this brand? 1500 is a lot of $$ for a grow box but if they work well I don't care,,
Iv never tried the one you mentioned but I bought myself a" secret garden"grow cupboard for around ÂŁ1000 (about $1600) and trust me for the price youv mentioned you could buy yourself a cupboard that's THE EXACT SIZE you want and trick it out with the bezt of equipment plus BUY ING the tools youl need .ie- drills with the circle drill bits for cutting holes in cupboard for ventilation ect and STILL have money left for good seeds for the money your talking about . And I know your thinking "I can't be arsed building that" as that's what I was thinking when I bought mine and although mines is a solid cupboard and iv had it for nearly ten years and it's still solid & going strong I know I couldv made a bigger & better one with better equipment for the money I paid for a pre built one . When i set mines up i thought "damn thats not quiet what was advertised" & they never are.with a grand and a half to play with you could diy your own grow cupboard to beat all grow cupboards.Just my two cents buddy . hope It can help.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I've built one but I couldn't get the carbon filter correct. ( built that myself too) My biggest problem was the odor. I can put a small carbon filter in my box but then I have a noise issue with the big squirrel fan. My box wasn't nearly air tight either... If I could find a solution for the odor control i might give the diy thing another try. I did grow some nice plants from seed using a t5 system if you search my old threads. Didn't take the males out soon enough though...

Billyboat

Billyboat

That's Impressive but not too stealthy..

How are they not stealthy? They are made out of a Sandusky Lee Storage Cab, they lock, and they are on wheels. When I had them in my garage people saw them and never even batted an eye. They even have a micro one that is made of wood and is pretty neat.

H

happy b

I've built one but I couldn't get the carbon filter correct. ( built that myself too) My biggest problem was the odor. I can put a small carbon filter in my box but then I have a noise issue with the big squirrel fan. My box wasn't nearly air tight either... If I could find a solution for the odor control i might give the diy thing another try. I did grow some nice plants from seed using a t5 system if you search my old threads. Didn't take the males out soon enough though...
Not sure i understand what you mean . what was your problem with the carbon filter?

Power OG

Power OG

Do you have any pictures, that might help us, help you. But I know you could figure it out easily. Please dnt waste your $ when it's not necessary and always spend the $ on the right equipment.
Respect

mikeb437

mikeb437

Not sure i understand what you mean . what was your problem with the carbon filter?

The box I made wasn't sealed air tight. I had a small of fan with a diy carbon filter going out the back and it still stunk up the place. I'd like to get a regular carbon filter but then I need to use a loud fan to push the air.
How are they not stealthy? They are made out of a Sandusky Lee Storage Cab, they lock, and they are on wheels. When I had them in my garage people saw them and never even batted an eye. They even have a micro one that is made of wood and is pretty neat.

Ahh sorry! I looked at your pics quickly and it looked like a much bigger space to me for some reason.. Looks nice though!

H

happy b

With a regular carbon filter there's more or less zero smell and if u can set up an rvk fan properly with minimum vibration you can buy a speed controler for your fan so you can turn it down to an acceptable noise level and some acoustic ducting . I doubt you will be able to get it totally silent but acceptable levels are achievable.

Power OG

Power OG

Hyper 6 fan comes with speed control it will go as low as 35% , great fan.
Respect

H

happy b

Bare in mind if you make it yourself you get to choose what equipment and how good it is wer as if you buy something pre made its likely to have lower quality gear but for the same price or less just for a bit of effort . look at pre made ones for ideas on designs . just the option of someone who bought a pre made one and wished he had just made one himself.
peace and good luck.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Bare in mind if you make it yourself you get to choose what equipment and how good it is wer as if you buy something pre made its likely to have lower quality gear but for the same price or less just for a bit of effort . look at pre made ones for ideas on designs . just the option of someone who bought a pre made one and wished he had just made one himself.
peace and good luck.

I can vouch for the CabnietGrow guys...I've two of their earlier models...They use quality inline fans, real scrubbers, solistek ballasts...Same stuff we as growers use from Sunlight Supply. Yes they are more then building one yourself but if you aren't handy, don't have tools, and need something that locks and doesn't look like a grow tent, then I would give them a look.

mikeb437

mikeb437

It didn't work.. My basement smelled like skunk. dont know if my filter sucked or my box wasn't air tight enough but it stunk and people knew I was growing weed. This is my ONLY problem for growing...,the smell

mikeb437

mikeb437

doeant anyone make a 3" fan or a 4" fan? All I see is 6 inch fans or bigger. And does anyone have a link to a small small carbon filter I might hook up to a small fan? Anyone use the ona gel bucket method at all?

mikeb437

mikeb437

Will something like this be strong enough to push air thru a store bought carbon filter?

H

happy b

No I don't think so . and your better pulling it through the filter not pushing it through .that fan would do for an intake fan. don't skimp on equipment .get a good fan . Do a bit of research and find out which fans run the quietest . usually it works like 400w hps = 100 rvk fan. 600w=125/150 rvk fan. Iv never ran a 1000 w so i won't comment on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom