Anyone using Turbo Klone?

• Thread starter strainman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
I been seeing alot of advertisements and promo but havent heard any real testimonials...Is this thing really worth the $$$? How efficient is it and what kinda success rate do u get with it?
thanks

B

bigd

I am seven days in on my first use and ALL the little girls have legs sprouting. It was super easy to set up. I was told as long as you clean it out between uses, you should have a constant high percent success rate. I only have the old fashion humidity dome way to compare it to, but I'm happy thus far.

B

bigd

10 days

Lemon Kush, 10 days, 100% success, roots 4-6 inches.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

i have one and it works well. I would say it is worth the extra money because of the fan but i dont think it is too much different than a normal aerocloner. If your gonna buy an aerocloner either way i think it is the best one. I live in a medical state and a cutting becomes a plant when the roots form. So what i like to do is put the cuttings in water in the fridge (only like 2 inches of water) 5-7 days before i am ready for them. When i drop them in the aero cloner they get roots in 3-4 days and they get roots from every direction and tons of them. If you have a cloner you have to try it just once to see what i am talking about. Next time you take cuttings try it with just one and see. It is pretty crazy.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I've got both a turbo klone 96 and 144, both with domes. Both work great. Even though the fan does help to decrease nute temp, a timer set at 15/15 keeps it nice and cool in there.

R

REGISTRD

I got a t144 available if anyones intrested Pm me..Los angeles area..

H

Hylife

Turbo Klones work well, my buddy has one. The built in chiller is really useful.

B

benamack

i guess this is the place to ask. what am i doing wrong with my turbo klone????
i have a turbo klone 48 and my cutting take for ever. im using clonex liquid solution and tap water ph at 5.5-6.0 and they take atleast two weeks. and just recently the bottoms started to rot off. i thought maybe it was they wter temp. so i put a heat mat under it and still nothing. so can anyone give me some advice.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

i guess this is the place to ask. what am i doing wrong with my turbo klone????
i have a turbo klone 48 and my cutting take for ever. im using clonex liquid solution and tap water ph at 5.5-6.0 and they take atleast two weeks. and just recently the bottoms started to rot off. i thought maybe it was they wter temp. so i put a heat mat under it and still nothing. so can anyone give me some advice.
Pathogens are building in your reservoir. I'll bet you're having PH drops around day 7-8 too huh? Are you disassembling the pump completely and cleaning everything out with 1 tsp chlorine per gallon of water between runs? Even that might not be enough though. Wasn't for me.

The company ez clone makes a product called clear rez that works great. It's expensive as fuck though and you can make it at home for pennies on the dollar. Get a 1lb bag of 65% chlorine pool shock from your local pool supply company (here is what I buy personally http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DEOPFU/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details). Mix the pool shock at a rate of 1 gram to 1 gal RO or tap water. This will make your concentration. Use 1 oz/15ml of your concentrate per 5 gallons of plain water in your reservoir. If you do this, I'll bet it dramatically increases your cloning success. Be sure you buy the pool shock that is 100% calcium hypochlorite (65% available chlorine) granular and not the non chlorine pool shock stuff. Good luck!

B

benamack

well i get the clear rez stuff with no problem a buddy of mine has some i can use. but sholud i use that with the clonex then? oh and so that mean i want chlorine in my water? i got told to let it run for a day with just water so it can de chlonate. do you think some hygrozyme will help?

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

well i get the clear rez stuff with no problem a buddy of mine has some i can use. but sholud i use that with the clonex then? oh and so that mean i want chlorine in my water? i got told to let it run for a day with just water so it can de chlonate.
Yes you should use it and at full strength! And when your buddy stops supplying it to you for free you should make your own how I described above. Ditch the clonex it's not needed. Plain water is sufficient.

As for using chlorine, I mostly grow organic in soil myself. When I water in organics I de chlorinate my water through a kdf 85 tallboy filter so that I don't kill any beneficials. Cloning is different. The turbo klone rez is a perfect environment for pathogens to build over time. That is why you're having these problems. Once you get rooted clones into dirt and start using organics then chlorine is the enemy. But when using an aero cloner, a wee bit of chlorine is your friend.

B

benamack

ok cool thanks bill. hey your pretty damn smart dude is it cool if i ask you shit from time to time.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Thanks, you can ask anytime, and if I know the answer I will help.

R

RRRETARD

so...if you are not rooting-stems are turning brownish-its getting slimy-and i dump it out and disinfect the bottom part, what do i do with the top part with the foam inserts and clones in them? wont there be pathogens on the foam and clones? what would be better ro or tap water? i also have h2o2 35% thanks for any replys

mtownshend

mtownshend

Bump, I would love to know if anyone has used H2O2 instead of the pool shock?

Or is that type of chlorine the way to go? No doubt... I've spent a forutune on cloning gels and solutions. Currently I'm using Hormex, which comes with a 1mL syringe, so you know it's concentrated. Gonna look at all my lables, try to see if any has that.

Turboklone Sells a product Enzymes, I think it's called. Not too expensive. Seems it's a biological that is supposed to keep the bene population in check. I've always had success when I used it, but it's only available on their site, so I don't order it a lot. The ClearRes is readily available, gonna buy a bottle tonight.

However, I would like to know what role H2O2 plays in these cloners, the hydroponic type.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was about to start a new one as I have been trying to read up on it one more time.

I have been soaking my clones in a liquid cloning solution to get them in something, trim them, leaf tips, etc, then dip in clonex and put in the cloner. I know that I'm prolly wasting the second gel, but it sticks, the Hormex doesn't. The water is pretty rough and drops cover the area, so I've always tried to use something that sticks the longest.

I am sure that my issues lie in the water, if there is anecdotal evidence of the clear res in this clone machine that has been backed up by at least another person, I am gonna start using that, will update here my progress.

Again, still curious about what the H2O2 does to the enzymes and the water health it's self. I was told and have read that it's good at low doses, 5ml/g in clone machines. Just not sure if I should use it at the start if after I see some build up.

Or specifically what the H2O2 does basically. Would love to have some more info on that as I am sure there are other uses for it that I am missing.

ALSO, I've been seeing a lot of people putting net pots in the holes before the inserts, anyone been doing that? With the TK, it may not be possible without some mods, I've got some 1 7/8" ones coming, not sure if they will be small enough. If this is just an added PITA, please let me know, never had a need for net pots, the roots always grow nicely right down into the water, but if they help with some of the lateral shoots that can penetrate the insert I would think these could help prevent some of those issues where dead roots or ones that have grown into the insert will have to be broken to get out.

Thx, for the Clear res and chlorine tip folks, you are life savers, I been struggling with this for ages, be nice to get a routine.

Last edited:
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I was going to ask if anyone had used peracetic acid to clean instead of chlorine, I use it to clean everything and it kills any living organism including molds and bacteria. You could just pour a bottle of peroxide in your cloner and then an equal amount of distilled white vinegar and run it for 10 or 15 minutes and it should kill anything it comes in contact with.

Im also about to cut a hole in the top of my cloner and add a snorkel with a fan and a few vent holes on the opposite side to see if it speeds up my roots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom