Applied avid too strong

• Thread starter Cannanugget
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannanugget

Cannanugget

Last night I sprayed some avid @ 2.5ml/gal, I don't know what I was thinking with the dose when I mixed it up. Anyhow, today everything except my og's is looking good, the og is getting some ruffled leaves and a lighter green new growth a bit of purpling in the veins as well. Looks almost overfed / def.. I'll try to get a pic of it but in the meantime is there anything I can do to help speed up recovery? Think it might help to just spray the plants off with plain water?

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
wtf? 2.5 per gallon? im not here talking shit but this is why people get sick from these insecticides im not against avid but know what you are doing before messing with this shit, i have 8 ounces of it that should last me and my kids a lifetime......this should be a last line of defence not for control on no flowering plants...............i hope you wore a mask

green punk

green punk

Norcal-

How about telling him (us) the proper application rate, instead of what ever your intended message is here.

2.5 ml per gal seems about right?

Not sure Cana, if you mist them youll wash of the initial app. I believe its tranlaminar. wear gloves around the treated plants for a while, the residue is whats gonna kill your pests while it absorbs to do its systemic thing.

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
avid recomended dosage rate

the bottle says 4 ounces wich is a lil over 118 ml per 100 gallons so that equates to 1.8 ml per gallon at MAX rate, and you need a resperator and gloves shit even says were a tyvek suit but to each his own i use 3 drops per gallon as needed during the summer and Never use on a flowering plant u intend to injest, as it is systemic and stays in the plant for 60+ days

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I use it at 4-5ml/gal on my moms and trays. I've never had a problem. In fact, they seem to like it. It is translamanent (spelling) not systemic so I don't see a problem with using it at high rates.

Cannanugget

Cannanugget

To clarify, the avid was used on my mothers to try
And stop the infestation before
It gets outta control. I do take every precaution when using the shit, turn off fans wear tyvek chemical resistant suit, respirator, gloves etc... I wasn't asking how to use avid or floramite. I said I doubled the dose by mistake, floramite is what I normally use and use it at 2.5ml.
Thanks for the input guys they're all gonna make it just fine, just set em back a week or so. I hate using the shit too, I would much rather be able to use azamax or something similar but what I've seen is far from impressive and I'd rather spray once a month than once a week and actually have it work.

Anyone used that mighty wash stuff? I've been seeing it around for the past year or so and am very curious I the stuff is half as effective as they claim.

Thanks again y'all.

Merry Xmas and happy growing. I might finally decide to do a grow journal for 2012, just popped two packs of white fire, a pack of fire alien kush, the white og v2 and some biker kush. Hoping to find something special in one if not all of those packs.

J

JAHGYDI

my bottle says 2 ml per gal. ive used it at 3ml with no real major problems. like mendo said my plants like it.

N

naga

my bottle only says 4 oz for every 100 gallons of water.so i tried to do the math.but at 1.5mill per gallon,havent seen a mite in years.try to mix up my pesticide rotation.avid,azamax,floramite.dont want to breed super mites.

K

keepmgreen

The biggest thing that i see with mites is too maintain your temps. If you can keep your temps down and stay on a good pest management program you can keep them from getting out of control without using poison.

bluejay092

bluejay092

I did a round of 2ml per litre!!! I was told that ratio by other growers. Either way it seemed to work. And yes gloves full body suit and mask were used.

I do have some big leaf ridges though...

bluejay092

bluejay092

Does anyone spray their plants with water to wash off the chemicals once the bugs are dead? say 10 days later a water foliar spray?

i saw in one of jason wilcox videos him mentioning he uses a 5% bleach water mix for 5 applications afterwards to let the stomata be free and clear.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Old thread but ear goes.

Avid half life is 8 weeks?
I used one week ago, no flower at all.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
ive read it gone anywhere from 21 to 91 days..
Im hoping its 61 days , outdoors

straincreation

straincreation

To clarify, the avid was used on my mothers to try
And stop the infestation before
It gets outta control. I do take every precaution when using the shit, turn off fans wear tyvek chemical resistant suit, respirator, gloves etc... I wasn't asking how to use avid or floramite. I said I doubled the dose by mistake, floramite is what I normally use and use it at 2.5ml.
Thanks for the input guys they're all gonna make it just fine, just set em back a week or so. I hate using the shit too, I would much rather be able to use azamax or something similar but what I've seen is far from impressive and I'd rather spray once a month than once a week and actually have it work.

Anyone used that mighty wash stuff? I've been seeing it around for the past year or so and am very curious I the stuff is half as effective as they claim.

Thanks again y'all.

Merry Xmas and happy growing. I might finally decide to do a grow journal for 2012, just popped two packs of white fire, a pack of fire alien kush, the white og v2 and some biker kush. Hoping to find something special in one if not all of those packs.

Mighty wash is the business.. I use the stuff it works great and the mights never seem to become immune to it ive only used it in veg and only had one infestation thus far. But my buddies use it it works good it has no smell.

Only downside is all you can get outa of the company is that its frequency water. So I suppose this stuff works on the same frquency as the bugs and makes um explode. When you look with a loupe you can see them split in half. Just like glass breaks when exposed to the correct frequency. I get hint of pyrethium but extremely faint. It may all just be in my head. They dont sell concentrate only spray and go. All in all id recomend it. Lights out only, under 90F . And be sure to rinse a couple days later I just use ro and its fine.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
How toxic is avid? Like I'm ok if I didn't wear protection for a couple years? Or like damn wtf do not at all ever ever spray without respirator

Top Bottom