Aptus Facilitator....

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I am at the ranch now but if you google those 2 and add magnesium silicate the manufacturer should pop up. JK
Cheaper to look at grow more's K silicate at 7% I believe it is. The one made for agriculture,not for kids growing pot. If they gave it a brand name its not the one. It is priced accordingly.

tweedy

tweedy

I said it in one of the other silica threads but anyone using sodium silicate?

Natural

Natural

Gathered from what I've read, monosilicic acid is fragile in terms of PH and PPM. In relative terms, it begins to precipitate into solid polymer chains if higher than 100 PPM solution and a low or high PH 4-8. Being that FaSilitator is part monosilicic acid and potassium silicate..how is one sure when adding it to a mixture of nutrients that most of the raw monosilicic acid hasn't been lost only to be replenished by the separation of the KSi. In other words, I'd be hard pressed to add it to my nutes over foliar spraying/or adding a weaker solution of FaSilitator and water as a stand alone occasional soil drench. Especially with the price tag it has.
This is from an article about Poinsettas and silicas from Cornell...not sure if the link will work so I quoted it.
http://www.greenhouse.cornell.edu/crops/factsheets/silicon_poinsettia.pdf

How do I apply silicon?
Silicon can be delivered to plants several ways. Foliar spray application with 100
ppm silicon is sometimes used in poinsettia production to prevent bract edge burn.
However, the benefit is only to the leaves and bracts, and no reports exist of silicon being
transported from the leaf surface to stems or roots. Pre-incorporating silicon into the
substrate before planting is an efficient method and acceptable for short term crops. Little
research has been conducted to determine how long pre-incorporated silicon will persist in
various substrates. Another simple way of getting silicon to plants is by including it as part of
regular fertigation – typically applied at rate of 50 ppm silicon. The silicon products currently
available will cause precipitation if tank mixed with concentrated water soluble fertilizers so a
second injector is required or add 100 ppm Si as a weekly drench to plants.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

If my friend gets to fixing the label. I could finish registration of our silica product.

Got Lab Tests back over 26% silica derived from monosilicic acid

I can vouch on this
this is the best silica supplement i have used to date..

deacon1503

deacon1503

I looked at few products today looking for an alternative to fasilitor. I've got boron and molybdenum covered with H16 part A's so just need the extra Si. But is there a differnce between silicon types when ultimately looking for mono silicic acid?

I see it (on the label) as SiO2, silicon dioxide, like the GH Armor Si @ 10%.
Also as mono silicic acid, H4SiO4, like Cyco Silica @ 3%.
Fasilitor is just listed as silica, 1.4%.
Yellow bottle at 51% derived from potassium silicate.
Kelp4less has a silica powder @ 65% SiO2
RAW solubles has a silica powder @ 65% SiO2 derived from diatomite? Is that like diatomaceous earth?
Crossover Hort is H4SiO4 @ 1.9%
AgSil 16h is ??

So when potassium silicate is added to water it separates into k+ ions and into silicic acids? Is that right? From all these products what will yield the most monosilicic acid? It almost appears the yellow bottle or RAW?

Last edited:
Natural

Natural

I looked at few products today looking for an alternative to fasilitor. But is there a differnce between silicon types when ultimately looking for mono silicic acid?

I see it (on the label) as SiO2, silicon dioxide, like the GH Armor Si @ 10%.
Also as mono silicic acid, like Cyco Silica @ 3%.
Fasilitor is just listed as silica, 1.4%.
Yellow bottle at 51% derived from potassium silicate.
Kelp4less has a silica powder @ 65% SiO2
RAW solubles has a silica powder @ 65% SiO2 derived from diatomite? Is that like diatomaceous earth?

So when potassium silicate is added to water it separate into k+ ions and into silicic acids? Is that right? From all these products what will yield the most monosilicic acid? It almost appears the yellow bottle or RAW?

Something to be said about the uptake of Si...after reading a ton of scholar papers, it's somewhat a grand mystery to a large extent. leadsled dropped some knowledge on another thread about how , I think I remember it being "molybdenum, boron, copper" and how they are essential to Si uptake. Seems like good science. Might give Aptus an edge..but Cyco has the better value. I have yet to have a closer look at Cyco and see what all it has. I think it boils down to how it reacts in the garden. I used to use ProTekt in soil...and of course it leaves behind extra K, which wouldn't be great for coco..for instance. I think it''s enough to foliar..but like lead points out..it helps root health as well. I found over-use might give the plants rubberiness. All's I want is healthy strong plants.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Yellow bottles also contain monoslicic acid as well as potassium silicate. Not sure on the percentage tho

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I still have a full bottle of the Fasolitor left from when I was running the Aptus/ Heavy 16 Combo had killer results but, Fuck Aptus their price to run full round with its was over 3K I just can't justify that kind of money to do one round, So I have been adding the Extreme Silica to my mix at the end after adding all the heavy 16 but I would always have the cloud, so I now say fill the tank with 100 gallons of RO at 1-2 ppm then add the Silica and let it mix for about 15 mins or longer then add the rest of the nuts and the PH is always 6.3 when I using it at 4ml to a Galllon. I just ordered the yellow bottle of silica and will be using that to replace the Extreme Silica, So I have a few question is the Yellow bottle the same as Fasilitor Silica or is it different ?, and has anyone compared the yellow bottle with heavy 16 against the Aptus ?

KGrHqVlEFJGIJ4TbvBSWZSN1frg60 3
Silica1

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
I still have a full bottle of the Fasolitor left from when I was running the Aptus/ Heavy 16 Combo had killer results but, Fuck Aptus their price to run full round with its was over 3K I just can't justify that kind of money to do one round, So I have been adding the Extreme Silica to my mix at the end after adding all the heavy 16 but I would always have the cloud, so I now say fill the tank with 100 gallons of RO at 1-2 ppm then add the Silica and let it mix for about 15 mins or longer then add the rest of the nuts and the PH is always 6.3 when I using it at 4ml to a Galllon. I just ordered the yellow bottle of silica and will be using that to replace the Extreme Silica, So I have a few question is the Yellow bottle the same as Fasilitor Silica or is it different ?, and has anyone compared the yellow bottle with heavy 16 against the Aptus ?

View attachment 392201 View attachment 392203
3k for a round with aptus...damn. I'm using it right now and it's saving me money. I got the 250 ml bottles...the whole line, it was 500 bucks but it will be enough enough to last me probably 4 round of a 32 plant room in 5 gallon buckets. For a base bloom I'm only using botanicare organic tea base and my plants are straight in beast mode. Goes to show you how nutes range from one person to another

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
3k for a round with aptus...damn. I'm using it right now and it's saving me money. I got the 250 ml bottles...the whole line, it was 500 bucks but it will be enough enough to last me probably 4 round of a 32 plant room in 5 gallon buckets. For a base bloom I'm only using botanicare organic tea base and my plants are straight in beast mode. Goes to show you how nutes range from one person to another
The hydro store by us only had them up to 500mL bottles, So all the bottles purchased were 500Ml, I'll let everyone one in on a secrete about Aptus, Ready here is is take any bottle and / by half that's the stores cost on the Aptus, Fuck I bought soo much of the shit, one of the workers there took me in back and showed me the price I was like Fuck this shit, that was it for me, Maybe run the Fasilitor but that's it, SO when you pay $260.00 for it they pay $130.00 for that bottle, so there is room for theses hydro store guys to play with the price, but they will all tell you they can't because Aptus made them sign a contract..:rolleyes:

deacon1503

deacon1503

Just based on some of the numbers I came up with, I'm hard pressed to run Fasilitor again.

I'm waiting for the Farms resident chemist to chime in on this....id like his opinion.

And yes...retailers are typically not allowed to discount Aptus.

Top Bottom