Arcata Trainwreck

• Thread starter Connor Sewer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Connor Sewer

Connor Sewer

This sounds interesting, found it on Oregon seeds. Can anyone tell me about it? This is what they say

It is a super potent strain with a hard hitting effect. Arcata Trainwreck is derived from the clone-only strain of the same name from Arcata, California. Medicinal properties potent strain good for pain relief. It finishes in 9 weeks and has creeping growth making it very suitable for SCROG. Thanks.

Icemud

Icemud

I'm pretty sure that I have a cut of Arcata Trainwreck.... Got it from a local dispensary and has that classic Trainwreck smell of almost a lime/pine/earthy/sprite type smell and taste to it...

Grows like a bully, and literally branches will just fall over everything in its way, even early flowering the branches will just flop everywhere. definitely one of those plants that will need support or stakes to hold it up. Extremely frosty strain, not too temperamental and quite a nice yield. I plan on hitting mine with colloidal silver soon and using it to breed.

20170329 184837

20170419 213724

MrPanda

MrPanda

I had the pleasure of being around a lot of Arcata Wreck during my years in Arcata, before any seeds, or any of that (2005-2008), and it was my favorite damn strain. It’s sooo lemony and so distinguishable. The story I heard was the original Trainwreck was already around, but the Arcata wreck was a redo from a grower in Arcata using the same original varieties (obviously the phenos were less selected back then), and the Arcata wreck is much different looking, smelling, tasting.

The original TW I smoked was always darker green, less trichs, less lemon, more piney. I always would see it greenhouse or outdoor grown. The Arcata wreck at the time was claimed to be clone only. I grew it a few times and also Afghan x Arcata Wreck (which is fucking great to grow). Arcata wreck was finicky, lower yield and lanky. Arcata wreck was pretty much indoor grown and all the growers I knew who also had the cut were all doing indoor.

IMHO, Arcata Wreck is probably in my top 5 favorite strains of all time. The Arcata Wreck is very prone to hermies and we used to say it was so deeply embedded in the genetics, it’s just a hermie variety (like every plant will throw bananas) if it’s pure Arcata Wreck. I used to pinch them off for pollen collection, although used to give it away to homies for crossing their girls.

Let us know how it goes. I would love to grow this again for some stash.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Did a white TR this year OD f2s from seed real nice....huge flowers...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I love Trainwreck. In my experience it was always kind of lemony. Maybe lemon-piney. And I had never heard of Arcata until I recently joined the forums. I guess it's just a clone only version. It's been around for a long time.

I recently harvested an OG Kush x Trainwreck from feminized seed and it is one of my favorite plants I have grown. This is the second one I grew from a pack.

It is very much an even hybrid with qualities from both strains. Super lemony. Kind of earthy. And potent soaring head high with a strong body buzz that always is there relaxing me.

In edibles it gives a strong pulsing but soothing body effect for me.

Like said above. She grows wild and takes over all the space she can. Not the ideal micro Grow plant even from 12/12 in my experience.

Of course OG Kush is no compact Christmas tree either. Lol.

Some pics :)

IMG 7167
IMG 7168
IMG 7170
IMG 7171
IMG 7172

IMG 7169

I was actually just having coffee and wake n' baking with this!

I guess OG Kush x Trainwreck is basically Ghost Train Haze. I will have to get some and compare some time.

Have a good day folks!

Icemud

Icemud

I love Trainwreck. In my experience it was always kind of lemony. Maybe lemon-piney. And I had never heard of Arcata until I recently joined the forums. I guess it's just a clone only version. It's been around for a long time.

I recently harvested an OG Kush x Trainwreck from feminized seed and it is one of my favorite plants I have grown. This is the second one I grew from a pack.

It is very much an even hybrid with qualities from both strains. Super lemony. Kind of earthy. And potent soaring head high with a strong body buzz that always is there relaxing me.

In edibles it gives a strong pulsing but soothing body effect for me.

Like said above. She grows wild and takes over all the space she can. Not the ideal micro Grow plant even from 12/12 in my experience.

Of course OG Kush is no compact Christmas tree either. Lol.

Some pics :)

View attachment 754532 View attachment 754533 View attachment 754534 View attachment 754535 View attachment 754536
View attachment 754537
I was actually just having coffee and wake n' baking with this!

I guess OG Kush x Trainwreck is basically Ghost Train Haze. I will have to get some and compare some time.

Have a good day folks!

That looks amazing!!! falling over too like my tw... very nice plant!

Top Bottom