Ardent Lift First Run And Continuous Review

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You didn’t try this first!?! Lol I thought we all did this when we first bought it
LOL..not me Bucko! Like @1diesel1 said.."he is crazy"..
It takes a ton of sour cream and salt in my nightly baked potato to mask the taste now. Used to eat a "cookie" nightly..then I gained 25lbs!! Back to baked potatoes..LOL

gwheels

gwheels

Have you decarbed green flowers yet? I am going to chop 2 buds out of my critical mass and trim them and decarb them. The terp flavors are supposed to be heightened and i have just ripe stuff that is not chopped so I am doing it.

This bud is in the machine. Wet weight 1.5 oz so about 10 grams dried :D jammed it in there and now its running.

20190223 0634521
Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Have you decarbed green flowers yet? I am going to chop 2 buds out of my critical mass and trim them and decarb them. The terp flavors are supposed to be heightened and i have just ripe stuff that is not chopped so I am doing it.

It is going in the machine in 15 :D time to go harvest a couple
If you mean fresh..don't do it..the water content will make a mess and the product will not be to your satisfaction. I regularly decarb weed that has dried and/or cured with super results.

gwheels

gwheels

I will give it a go. The site claims it can be done. What do i have to lose but 1 bud out of the tent :D

I will know in a couple of hours. I am all sticky and smell like critical mass.:D

I will eat a 1 gram bud and see how it works. The bud is just starting to show the odd amber trich and the rest are milky with 15% half clear. I will chop on Friday.

https://ardentcannabis.com/decarboxylation-myths/

Fresh bud can be decarbed easily in the right conditions, in fact, it’s a good way to preserve more terpenes in the final product (think about the smell of fresh vs. dried flowers).

Decarbing fresh bud takes no less or more time to decarb as cured bud in a controlled setting. And (most importantly!) properly cured bud has not been decarboxylated as a function of the drying and curing process.

Last edited:
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I will give it a go. The site claims it can be done. What do i have to lose but 1 bud out of the tent :D

I will know in a couple of hours. I am all sticky and smell like critical mass.:D

I will eat a 1 gram bud and see how it works. The bud is just starting to show the odd amber trich and the rest are milky with 15% half clear. I will chop on Friday.

Fresh bud can be decarbed easily in the right conditions, in fact, it’s a good way to preserve more terpenes in the final product (think about the smell of fresh vs. dried flowers).

Decarbing fresh bud takes no less or more time to decarb as cured bud in a controlled setting. And (most importantly!) properly cured bud has not been decarboxylated as a function of the drying and curing process.
I hated cleaning up all the mess and wound up tossing the weed (14 grams)..No big deal on the bud, but cleaning the Ardent was not fun. I always wondered if the moisture, over time, will kill the Ardent.

gwheels

gwheels

I get what you mean now...I opened it up and made a foil cup for the bottom to catch the shit. Its already half going now
It smells pretty damned good thats for sure.
FINISH IT!

in 2 weeks i am flush with dried herb again but its still finishing.

gwheels

gwheels

Thanks buzzer! the tin foil hat helped it a lot. The buds turned out weird and wet. I ran them again and then i ate 2 grams of bud to be sure. Lets see what happens.
It is SciencE!!

It was like piney lemon marshmellows. Way easier to eat a whole bud but strange and unusual and tasted really different in a pleasant way.

If I get ripped it is a groundbreaker. IF not I will dry my buds and decarb the edibles and smoke the rest normally. I was not a big fan of the taste and loss of terp etc in a doob of decarbed weed. I find the effect better naturally.

And lately i am just using my da budda. When you have qty it is great to vape. When you are low its pinners all the way.

And the fluffy marshmellow pine and delicous buds started working during this post. And I type fast.

Lets do some drywall !

So the 2 gram hunk is starting to work....no good for extraction but man did it taste good. Gwheels do not eat the whole 10 grams.

:D

I have a driver and no plans....lets see where the 2g gets me and then the sky is unlimited :D

Last edited:
Seraphine

Seraphine

Here’s what I made with the lift.
Decarbed, ground up, then used my capsule maker.

100 dinamed CBD capsules size 00
100 exodus cheese (indica) capsules size 00

Each capsules holds about 0.3grams.

So far so good.

905BF262 FA8F 48AE 9569 B9377CF0DDFC
quirk

quirk

I know you can decarb fresh bud in the Lift but I find it best to dry for 5-7 days minimum. It allows more bud to be loaded and seems to greatly reduce the amount of moisture collected after the decab. Same for pressing. I use the Source, on the right, to reduce my tincture.

DSCN0086
Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That looks like a cool little machine! Ive always just done it in the oven but you really need to have an eagle eye on the actual temp and not rely on the oven thermostat. One of the benefits medical growers in Canada have is the ability to use several reputable Labs and I've done some experimenting with decarboxylation in the oven. This was a highly concentrated MCT oil that was made using a very clean extract decarb'd in a small stainless steel pot in the oven at 260F for about 50 mins. You can tell it's done when it stops bubbling and goes completely still.
This was further diluted to edibles and capsules of several different strengths.

20190224 001339

gwheels

gwheels

The buds work even when green and spongy and weird. I was pretty baked for 5 hours before i went to bed. It was great. I will do it with dried buds from now on simply because they have a longer shelf life.

This fresh buds will spoil if i dont eat it quick !...or make something out of it. I will figure it out

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Been running this several times week for a bout four months. Came home last night and found it had cracked. I used some rubber bands and super glue and fixed it for now. I’m a bit disappointed and plan on reaching out to the company and see if they will do anything. Seems to still be functioning

24C77809 5350 4E8C 936D B9329D12E97F
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Been running this several times week for a bout four months. Came home last night and found it had cracked. I used some rubber bands and super glue and fixed it for now. I’m a bit disappointed and plan on reaching out to the company and see if they will do anything. Seems to still be functioning
You should still be under Warranty?
I always said it was made like crap, but I don't use mine but a few times per month..I always let it cool between uses too. Too bad, because it really does great.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

You should still be under Warranty?
I always said it was made like crap, but I don't use mine but a few times per month..I always let it cool between uses too. Too bad, because it really does great.

I have emailed the company so I will report back
On the after purchase service

Seraphine

Seraphine

Duct tape fixes everything!

quirk

quirk

Mr. jiujitsu- Next time you have a plastic repair try Bondic Liquid Plastic. You just need the solution, not the light pen if you grow with LED's. Stuck my Quad in the grow tent after a hawk launched a strike. Cured nicely.

DSCN1938 2
Top Bottom