Arduino Based Hydroponic Controller

• Thread starter AvidLerner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AvidLerner

AvidLerner

I have been looking on the internet for various automation projects. I found this one and believe it may be of some benefit to the community.

It is called Billies Hydroponic Controller. There are links in the arduino forum with the code and the code has a list of parts. There are also a couple of vidoe's by the designer and others. here is one

here is the link on the arduino forum
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=130344.0
enjoy
namaste

Douglas.C

Douglas.C

Awesome of him to share his code and details. Thanks for posting this. :)

I'm also planning on getting in to automation, though not for a couple years yet. Planning on doing data collection for at least a year, before deciding where to start. :)

lino

lino

Awesome of him to share his code and details. Thanks for posting this. :)

I'm also planning on getting in to automation, though not for a couple years yet. Planning on doing data collection for at least a year, before deciding where to start. :)
I have a kit that has full hydro and temp senor automation all included. It great for beginners, I offer teck support free online tutorial and online class to get your groBots up and running quicker for this kit. The Hydro plant kit will be controlled from your cell phone app already coded BUT you can your own code or go and or exploit Avids hard work of free code to add into this kit, I will offer light sensor kit soon, approx 5 - $15...

LinoDuino
lino

lino

If your not coder and electric robot guy dont worry I got you covered. We will have preBuild groBot and robots on sale and built me. hobby kits and industrial grade kits soon. and well have grobots and robots built by others who sell preBuilt kits on consignment. Coming in Jan.

DuinoKit
Saint Skinny

Saint Skinny

I came pretty damn close to buying all the parts to make an Arduino Data Logger for Temp and RH, but the brakes blew on my car so now I'm getting brake line instead. :banghead:

lino

lino

Opensprinkler

wont work if you got Apple stuff thats waterproof, once the esp8266 hits your network it finds all your devices,.. guess where the ESP8266 came from? Yup Apple. If you have any Apple device it has a version of the esp chip and the hack is loaded onto ALL Apple devices, Evil...

Note: Hacker is having too much fun and joy taking out the network.
Note: He is Not using a Apple, lol...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Interesting. I've never owned an apple products so can't speak on that :p

There is always the option to run the PI version but I can't speak on that one. The arduino one is solid as fuck.

lino

lino

If you guys play with this code be careful. I turned off my Ipad, thought It was safe from this hack. Nope. I forgot, I have a Apple TV box. It was on, the Apple TV box got hit with this virus.. Then before I knew it , it hit my Ipad,,, completly hacked myself . I could find my own network.... crap.. good thing I didnt have a Iphone, not kwel.... Apple assholes built this to slow Apples down now we it can take out all networks and pollute Apple crap, they deserve what they started...

lino

lino

IDK, ive been working with camera recon for pathogens and different rovers. But here is one I found online. looks like this company might be using seamaids leaf chart. I didnt zoom in. It looks like some of the sensors might be set up but Id have to see it work .

https://www.hackster.io/kindbot/kin...140878045&mc_cid=a4586d3f04&mc_eid=1159e193b2

heres is a rover work in progress, This is programmed and designed for 3rd grader level and up. Programming environment is Scratch for kids. The rover has a complex gear box and the tracks are tricky to put together also.
The rover shield has IR, lith battery, 2 motor, on/off switch and lots of io/pins.
The rover is geared to carry heavy loads like a tablet or phone to monitor and control gardens.

20180124 112232 1
20180124 172859 1
20180126 110131 1
lino

lino

ESP8266 has lots of uses. Is a powerful little chip. Full phone app alarm tutorial, INDUSTRIAL tutorial, not hobbiest Arduino stuff. This tutorial will give your grn house Alarms to your phone. If you need alarms programmed for other things let me know.
The rover above will talk to ESP8266 as Burglar Alarm and other functions using face recognition. The rover can detect anything from rodents to insect, pathogens and almost any intruder to garden and talk to your phone with the ESP8266. id call it beta or prototype still.

ESP8266 is not as easy to set up and program as a Arduino. But once its set up the uses are plenty. Full on grn house Alarm tutorial.

https://www.hackster.io/Pistikukac/alarm-cube-for-greenhouse-fab1c8

Indiva710

Indiva710

I can't wait to get my system going with things like this it's next on my list after I get my new setup finished and my new lights so pry after fall I'll look into it more and go from there def can't wait to have everything controlled by my phone for the most part also going to get cameras that pan and tilt and zoom so it's going to be bitchn sooo can't wait until it's up and running that's for sure as everything will be tunable the lights with spectrum tuning among many many other tunings for the lights power, lighting schedules u name it and then I'll do the rest with a arduino setup can't wait it's gna be dopetastic esp with my bucket company setup

Top Bottom