Are My Leaves Are Being Eaten???

• Thread starter Snakeskins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I haven't even began to do my research on the use of bleach but out of a panic, here's my problem. I may finally have my first critter problem with BOTH of my clones in coco coir(grown with CFLs). This is really going to suck if I don't figure this out I can imagine. Luckily, the two corresponding plants in my tent don't have this problem but I'll need to take a closer look later.

I recently started spraying foliar feed on the two clones and this frightening thing happens. Shit!!!

Can I use a bleach solution to nip this thing in the butt early considering that this is a mite problem?

Are my leaves are being eaten
Are my leaves are being eaten 2
Are my leaves are being eaten 3
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Mites don't eat leaves like that. Caterpillars and grasshoppers and a few other do.

Never spray bleach on plants. Wrong priduct.

showmegreen

showmegreen

NO FUCKIN BLEACH BRO!!!
You got yerself a lil inch worm hangin out some where's. Dust them with some diatomatious earth. Heck, that lil bugger will be headin for the hills.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Mites don't eat leaves like that. Caterpillars and grasshoppers and a few other do.

Never spray bleach on plants. Wrong priduct.

NO FUCKIN BLEACH BRO!!!
You got yerself a lil inch worm hangin out some where's. Dust them with some diatomatious earth. Heck, that lil bugger will be headin for the hills.
Well two bits of evidence are that I used a dirty, scummy towel(that was drying near my outdoor garden) to soak up excess water in the grow box. Second is that it's happening to BOTH of the clones(as seen in the photos) in the same locations?!?!

When the lights turn back on, I will look for bugs on both of the plants.

cannabeans

cannabeans

Your coco looks very dry... I would bet that nothing is eating your plants. Coco does NOT like to be dry and you are experiencing some kind of deficiency or toxicity from that DRY coco... That is my guess!

Organikz

Organikz

Your coco looks very dry... I would bet that nothing is eating your plants. Coco does NOT like to be dry and you are experiencing some kind of deficiency or toxicity from that DRY coco... That is my guess!
Yesh

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I stick with what works best 4 me, my friend makes his own beacuse it works best 4 him, as u use whatever works best 4 u, I juice my mix up, u probably do to, it all comes down to personal choices, I only feed my plants base when they r in veg, I could add food but why I don't need it, I use botanacare pro beacuse it's organic, and again there r a million choices, earth juice, bio bizz, ext, it's all good just personal choices. SNOLEPERD

showmegreen

showmegreen

These forums are like commercials anymore. Everyone promoting what they buy. Not dealing with the struggles of what they create. I'm must be depressed cuz I'm out of weed sorry guys. Yes coco can be a bad deal if you get it dry. I did not think or acknowledge that factor. It could be what ol' cannabeans stated. But i would look for traces of buggers just to be safe. I hope it runs better for you in the end!

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

I hope that is the case. I'm a beginner with coco and I really didn't take intolerance to under-watering into consideration. The coco was dry down to about an inch and a half so I fertilized them after reading this yesterday.

IF it is a bug problem, maybe I'll try some malathion that I have for my fruit and vegetable garden. But an extremely diluted solution. I don't care about much about minor consequences, such as flavor, as long as I kill the problem and keep the plants healthy.

Of course before doing that I'll see how they persist and fertilize a little more often. Thx for the check up :)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Be cautious what you spray or dump on mj plants. These are weeds, not normal plants. You may kill them with the wrong product. Listen to the advise given, we would t point you in the wrong direction.

Safer soap
spinosad
Bti mosquito dunks
Neem oil
captn jacks dead bug
Diatomeacous earth
are all great choices for bug issues

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

Be cautious what you spray or dump on mj plants. These are weeds, not normal plants. You may kill them with the wrong product. Listen to the advise given, we would t point you in the wrong direction.

Safer soap
spinosad
Bti mosquito dunks
Neem oil
captn jacks dead bug
Diatomeacous earth
are all great choices for bug issues
Right. I'm already overwhelmed with the options mentioned above in this thread. I'll buy a product that will work for me every time this occurs but which one??? I want something reliable and affordable that I may apply liberally if needed. When I say liberally, I mean perhaps enough to spray down the whole interior of the box as a pest deterrent. But idk!!! I want whatever is most effective. I'll need to read into it and become a critter expert in the process.

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

New pics. I will point out again, that the leaves are being eaten away in the same locations on each plant.

20171013 082139
20171013 082149
20171013 082158
showmegreen

showmegreen

You are on a roll. Diatomatious earth is powdered prehistoric buggers exoskeleton. It is like shards of glass to bugs. It gets in their creases and folds. Also under their own exoskeletons. Pure torture I bet. And neem oil is a not too toxic yet very viscous oil from the Neem tree. It coats them buggers and seeing that they breathe through their exoskeletons.... You get what im saying? Pyritherins are a toxin produced by the poinsettia family of plants. Which a whole lot of bug sprays contain. I leave the toxins alone. I treat my soil with dia earth and if infested I will use Neem. Folowed by a steam bath not ever staying in one place with the steam. That can cause its own serious damage. But I won't use neem while flowering. Or dust the buds with dia earth. Irritant for them irritant for your lungs. People in india eat neem leaves as a anti parasitic. But i honestly know from experience that it makes buds taste and smell horrid!! So I advise not to try while flowering. Lol!

Snakeskins

Snakeskins

You are on a roll. Diatomatious earth is powdered prehistoric buggers exoskeleton. It is like shards of glass to bugs. It gets in their creases and folds. Also under their own exoskeletons. Pure torture I bet. And neem oil is a not too toxic yet very viscous oil from the Neem tree. It coats them buggers and seeing that they breathe through their exoskeletons.... You get what im saying? Pyritherins are a toxin produced by the poinsettia family of plants. Which a whole lot of bug sprays contain. I leave the toxins alone. I treat my soil with dia earth and if infested I will use Neem. Folowed by a steam bath not ever staying in one place with the steam. That can cause its own serious damage. But I won't use neem while flowering. Or dust the buds with dia earth. Irritant for them irritant for your lungs. People in india eat neem leaves as a anti parasitic. But i honestly know from experience that it makes buds taste and smell horrid!! So I advise not to try while flowering. Lol!
Good and done. I'm getting both.

That is a waterproof, 3ft. box that I built and I recently removed the lid to it and moved the whole thing into my closet so that I may raise the lights and give them more veg time.

I will use malathion to coat the inner walls of the box. The thinking there is, it couldn't hurt. I'm confident I can find resolution before starting their bloom phase now.

Thx very much again for the advice to you and everyone who replied. Futher updates to come :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom