Are You A Scrog Expert? Tips Please 4'x4' W Pica

• Thread starter MCPotential
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MCPotential

1st "Screen of Green" attempt here and wanted to know any SCROG pros had any tips? Seems to be going fairly well, could be more even.

Portland, OR
Strain: Tangie via Clone
Medium: Inground 40Gal dug
Screen: 4ft by 4ft with 2inch by 4inch sqrares
Planted: 5/19 (16wks)
Stage: Flowering
Variables: Overwatered early, feeding regiment was Oregon sourced raw organic ingredients (still in ag testing).
In-variables: Moles/Field Mice, slight mite infest > both fixed for time being.

Value of adding a second screen? Is it to late now?

Do feeding schedules change to with SCROG verse traditional?

Does anyone use stress supplements since plant is always being LST/HST??

Anything would help, it's super fun and want to better next time! Cheers yal

Are you a scrog expert tips please 4x4 w pica
Are you a scrog expert tips please 4x4 w pica 2
Are you a scrog expert tips please 4x4 w pica 3
Are you a scrog expert tips please 4x4 w pica 4
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
if you have the room on next run use a screen twice the size you used on this run. Also lower the height of the screen in relation to the ground and tuck and bend more filling up the screen. The trick is to get as much horizontal growth as possible in veg. Keeping horiz allows more bud sites to develop that normally would be weak and not getting as much light. Once veg has filled the screen keep tucking for 2 weeks after flower/bud set and then let them all go vertical. Another tip would be to find screening that have a 2" x 2" this allows you to tuck more often and opens more buds site to the sun. just my 2.cents not an expert :D

M

MCPotential

That makes sense to me! To jumpincatus point I used Zip ties for most of veg (rather than weaving the plant in and out of the squares) probly why I didn't get the degree/angle if growth I wanted.

Also I retucked some in first week of flowering to keep the same height buuuut then untucked most if them because it was after the stretch.

Note*** weaving the branches thru the screen is little tedious but will pay off in the end, the only dangerous part is your grow is anchors down late veg so think then act

Top Bottom