Assistance With Pale, Slow Growth, Red Stems - Coco/perlite - Gh Cocotek Nutrients

• Thread starter BCrocker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slipdefeu

Hi!

I have a current grow with ghe coco A+B, first time with these because the seller didn't have cogr A+B i usually use atm.

I had some difficulties when i transplanted them in final buckets, plants turned yellowish at first but after one week they showed decent colours, i didn't perpare my coco before ;)

I have some heavy feeders and very low ones at the same time for only one reservoir, plants don't cover the same surface because they've not the same age, 1 gal and 1.7 gal pots, depends of the volume of plants,

My rez contains only A+B(<200 ppm) + tap water (200 ppm) in flower stage, feed twice a day.
I realize 3 days ago that a lot of drippers are empty.....argggggh, then some turned yellowish while others stay green, i've checked the ec run-off and some are okay, some not (>1) had to flush them to get 0.75 run-off
I've checked that each pot run-off a descent volume each feed, i'll let that ec level until the final flush.

Maybe 200ppm is a bit light for most of them, i usally use 250ppm nutes for the entire flower period and it works, i really dislike to harvest green plants or overfeed ones, i prefer base the nutes on the lower feeders.

Okay first post outside my presentation and it isn't very constructive ^^

Tschuss!

P

Pimples

Hi!

I have a current grow with ghe coco A+B, first time with these because the seller didn't have cogr A+B i usually use atm.

I had some difficulties when i transplanted them in final buckets, plants turned yellowish at first but after one week they showed decent colours, i didn't perpare my coco before ;)

I have some heavy feeders and very low ones at the same time for only one reservoir, plants don't cover the same surface because they've not the same age, 1 gal and 1.7 gal pots, depends of the volume of plants,

My rez contains only A+B(<200 ppm) + tap water (200 ppm) in flower stage, feed twice a day.
I realize 3 days ago that a lot of drippers are empty.....argggggh, then some turned yellowish while others stay green, i've checked the ec run-off and some are okay, some not (>1) had to flush them to get 0.75 run-off
I've checked that each pot run-off a descent volume each feed, i'll let that ec level until the final flush.

Maybe 200ppm is a bit light for most of them, i usally use 250ppm nutes for the entire flower period and it works, i really dislike to harvest green plants or overfeed ones, i prefer base the nutes on the lower feeders.

Okay first post outside my presentation and it isn't very constructive ^^

Tschuss!
250 ppm is really.really.light on a nutrient less medium like coco coir. Bump it up into the sweet spot. For me that has always been 1.2 to 1.8 EC. Or 600 to 850 ppm. If your start water is 0.2 to 0.4 of calcium and magnesium...you should be good to go. 250 is next to nothing. Them plants should be starving.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

250 ppm is really.really.light on a nutrient less medium like coco coir. Bump it up into the sweet spot. For me that has always been 1.2 to 1.8 EC. Or 600 to 850 ppm. If your start water is 0.2 to 0.4 of calcium and magnesium...you should be good to go. 250 is next to nothing. Them plants should be starving.

I'm running my feeds in coir DTW in the 350ppm range now and could likely go lower. With multiple feeds a day there's no need for high concentrates of nutrients. Here is some at said 350ppm at day 25 of flower.
DSCN0722

P

Pimples

I'm running my feeds in coir DTW in the 350ppm range now and could likely go lower. With multiple feeds a day there's no need for high concentrates of nutrients. Here is some at said 350ppm at day 25 of flower.
View attachment 642639
Wow. They look good for such a low concentration of nutrient solution. Have you grown the variety before?

P

Pimples

Next thing on the forums will be how low can you go and still pull out a happy crop. Lol. Nice plants. Very nice.

P

Pimples

750 ppm on 500 tds scale is damn near my sweet spot for almost all my strains. Iam going to try this low ppm feeds. Sounds interesting.

P

Pimples

No salt build up in the medium. Save money on monthly nute bill. I gotta try this.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

No salt build up in the medium. Save money on monthly nute bill. I gotta try this.
And after you get experience with coir and low feedings, you'll find feeding to run-off every time is not necessary. I only do one 20% run-off feed once a week.
I don't use coco specific nutes either, just base hydro nutes a little cal mag once in awhile and a mild bloom booster week 5-6 depending on the strains finishing time.

S

slipdefeu

It's how I've been doing things since I started, and I totally think it should be a thing. I think what he's doing makes a lot of sense.
totally agree with that!

you'll find feeding to run-off every time is not necessary. I only do one 20% run-off feed once a week.

Wow, 20% once a week? interesting thing...
At this time, are you testing the drain's ec?

I was a bit confused this time because some strains had started to turn yellow, so i was wondering if my ppm level is maybe too low....
Absolutely no, damn, the grow bottle contained some fat crystals at the bottom....i've just got back some canna cogr bloom bottles and replaced my rez with, after the first new feed, grune hessin and gooey which were the most impacted were starting to direct take colours again! problem solved after 3 feeds ^^
(12/12 +45 > tap water ec 0.4 + cogr bloom ec 0.3)
Sour diesel or crosses never need more than 250 ppm nutes at home, if i put more, they'll show plastic leaves and overfeed signs.
In bloom period, i think you never have to push up rez's ec up to 1.2 in dtw with 20/30% run-off per feed, if it's the case, the problem is elsewhere.

think beast:

adapted containers :
- 1 plant in 3 gal pot/2 plant in 2gal pot per m² (3x feed/day)
- 10 plant max in 1gal pot/4 plant max in 2gal pot per m² (2x feed/day)

- 20/30% run-off drain per feed > 5 to 8 litres run-off/m²/day (near 2gal run-off ;) )

You don't need more volume of substrat in a coco dtw set up, because you want that whole containers full colonize by roots!
Hope it could help some, i got those advices from a friend, jgl from underground seeds, very serious grower, i say that because i know i am a newbie here and i know what represent noob's advices ^^

vibes

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

totally agree with that!

Wow, 20% once a week? interesting thing...
At this time, are you testing the drain's ec?

I rarely test run-off anymore, but I've been running coir for 10 years now and my nutrient profile has been dialed in for my gardens and strains. I rarely change my nutrient strength but do change my nutrient profile for the stage of growth the plants are in.

B

Bcgrowop

This is spot on

For real?! In the last few days I've seriously had the worst looking plants I've had in years. Driving myself crazy for the last few days thinking about it. And I just switched to GH COCOTEK about 10 days ago from GH 3 part 2micro, 3grow, 1bloom for my veg formula around 500-1000 ppm. Had a couple ph meters that were off and I thought it was that or rooutbound plants but it really must be the cocotek nutrient line and how the cal/mag is mixed in? Does anyone have any explanation behind that other than experience?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

My experience with coco-tek was that it seemed I was always fighting a K tox issues.

P

Pimples

Recently I decided to run some good ole rockwool blocks and slabs just fer the hell of it. Been awhile. Just to change up me normal dealy. Well I had some quart bottles of GH Cocotek nutes I bought at my local hydro shop just cuz they were half priced. So I bought the whole clearance shelf. Grow and Bloom A&B. And I been feeding these rockwool plants with the feed and they are killing it. Just jamming. My Diamond Og cut...which LOVES more calcium and magnesium...is just lush and grooving. Cocotek seems high in K fer coco. But ive had no problems. And no issues as well dripping about 1.5 EC of it on wool blocks and slabs as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom