Atuos First Time

• Thread starter Smoggie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smoggie

Hi this is my first time and i have 2 atuos northern lights atuo thats 60days old and a bigbud x northern lights thats a week younger they have had loads of white hairs now for bout 2 week will i see bud as it says these only have a life cycle of about 70 days ?? Thanks

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Hi this is my first time and i have 2 atuos northern lights atuo thats 60days old and a bigbud x northern lights thats a week younger they have had loads of white hairs now for bout 2 week will i see bud as it says these only have a life cycle of about 70 days ?? Thanks
Pics or its just a story

S

Smoggie

20170703 063820

20170703 063829
20170629 070443
DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Nice, looks like they're starting to flower. Autos typically do better on a 20/4 light cycle or even 24/0 than they do on 18/6. The ruderalis gene that makes them autos flowers under 20/4 light cycle in the long days of the short two month growing season north of the Arctic circle. I read some growers in Alaska reported 6 inches of growth in the 4 hour dark period in a greenhouse.

S

Smoggie

Thanks and thats some amount of grow . Ive got them on 20 / 4 ive dun a little research on them but still dont no much will they die off after 70 or keep making bud ?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thanks and thats some amount of grow . Ive got them on 20 / 4 ive dun a little research on them but still dont no much will they die off after 70 or keep making bud ?
Depending on conditions they may take longer than 70 days or be done sooner. When an auto is done it's done.

gwheels

gwheels

Autos will typically go autumnal as they are finishing. Like a maple tree in the fall the leaves die off and turn colour and your buds will stop throwing white hairs and then they will fatten up a bit. Usually they are a couple to 4 weeks after the white hairs stop growing and they are ready. I like to use a 100X scope to look at trichs and observe the colour change as indicators it is coming to an end.

They drink a lot less water at the end too.

H

heisen

I always give mine 20/4 after 2 weeks than drop to 18/6 during the stretch and than 16/8 the last 3 weeks.I have done 20/4 throught the whole thing and for some reason they just dont look as good with that much light.After the stretch they are building buds.There is a reason all my photos stack so much nicer and just look better because they are under less light.I know we can give autos 24 if we wangted to i just find that a little less light makes them appear more healthy and more trichs.It seems with all the light the trichs never get a chance to recuperate and seem to burn right off all the leaves.Anyone ever notice hoe you have more trichs the further down the branch you go.I started my autos with less light and seem to do a little better.

On your plants you got a while man.they just started .

S

Smoggie

Thanks for that i mite try droping a few hours and when u say just starting do u meen flowering ? How log do u thing ive got untill i see bud as it say its life cycle will end in 10 days

H

heisen

I grow in dwc so when I see the ppm start to rise it means there not taking in as much so there stretch is coming to an end.than I'll back the lights off a couple hrs and drop the ppm till I can see it stays where it is for 36 hrs no ups or downs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom