Aurora Indica

• Thread starter Shrek84
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shrek84

Shrek84

Hello, I'm needing a bit of help with these aurora indica . I have grown a few plants in the past that grew almost as tall as me but these don't seem like they are going to get very tall. I understand that indica usually stay bushier and short so the height on these may be perfectly normal. I flipped them 9 days ago because they had been vegging for about 7 weeks. If someone could give me some info , suggestions , advise I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Aurora indica
Aurora indica 2
G gnome

G gnome

Ok thanks . Lol , so I didn't flip them too soon ? You wouldn't happen to know how long it should take to flower would you?

As far flipping too soon goes...u wanna fill up ur space by whatever means necessary....whether it be w a few big plants or more smaller ones......no sense in illuminating the floor haha

No idea on flower time....when im working w a new strain i usually figure on 10wks....if its done sooner then all the better but imo 10wks is about avg

Shrek84

Shrek84

As far flipping too soon goes...u wanna fill up ur space by whatever means necessary....whether it be w a few big plants or more smaller ones......no sense in illuminating the floor haha

No idea on flower time....when im working w a new strain i usually figure on 10wks....if its done sooner then all the better but imo 10wks is about avg
Thanks , yea I hear ya on not shining a light in the floor but I have grown several at once in the past and didn't want tonhave to keep up with it all this time is why I only did two. I now wish I had done some autoflower

G gnome

G gnome

Thanks , yea I hear ya on not shining a light in the floor but I have grown several at once in the past and didn't want tonhave to keep up with it all this time is why I only did two. I now wish I had done some autoflower

Autos? Why?

chemistry

chemistry

I ran these for a year, very good smoke, they do take a long time to flower out, just like all Indica's do, just keep an eye on them when they finish, because the like to herm. They don't grow grow big.

Shrek84

Shrek84

Autos? Why?
Because I have a few good strains in auto and I don't think I'll harvest a lot with these small AI . I have them on 12/12 so I can't start an auto until I can dedicate my lights to them .

Shrek84

Shrek84

I ran these for a year, very good smoke, they do take a long time to flower out, just like all Indica's do, just keep an eye on them when they finish, because the like to herm. They don't grow grow big.
Thanks and thanks for the advise.

G gnome

G gnome

All indicas take a long time to flower?
Thats not true at all. Mof, its sativas that r known for their long flowering times and indicas are typically much faster.

King Julien

King Julien

Right now I've got some AI crossed with an unknown sativa that's also from the same seed company. It's at day 21 flower and out of them all there's some that jumped at the light and others that stayed short. The canopy was a mess to get reigned in after 10 weeks of veg.

I got the seed though from some aurora indica that grew outdoors. That sucker grew all year in full light and didn't break 6 feet tall but was almost 6 feet across and produced just over 2 pounds. Good producer, alright smoke. I think the pheno was one of the less desirable ones though because I've heard other people rate it pretty highly.

In terms of advice all I can say is hindsight is 20/20. A longer veg would have filled out your canopy a bit more and produced more potential meds. You'll still get something for the effort though as well as additional knowledge to add to your growing skills. Oh, and it's supposedly an 8 week strain but anybody with experience knows that number means very little. Go by the trichs and you should be fine.

Shrek84

Shrek84

A few months back I was on here asking about the size of my AI’s well here is a recent photo taken yesterday and then the close ups aren’t from an hour ago .

73AAD30B 6083 4EAE BE91 78716EB433D1
921F4700 F5A1 4D3A 8B67 D006A39F3E7D
72F31AC4 1803 4318 A681 06FB078AA5B8
AD63AFDD 180E 48E2 A7AD 8B3BCC765233
3C7364ED 8F7B 41EB 8466 FD49FB07F357
8D46E840 0E7F 4381 B956 478FF7D7CC08
9B3A5520 1ACA 49EC A7A0 6C946BA2D467
14AEC29D 1FCD 4EC6 83C0 60ECAC50C78A
Shrek84

Shrek84

A few months back I was on here asking about the size of my AI’s well here is a recent photo taken yesterday and then the close ups aren’t from an hour ago .
The next question I have is usually how long does it take until the tricombs turn amber color? Do they always turn an amber color when they are ready to harvest or can they be cloudy and ready? Is it crucial to wait until this point or can they be harvested before the crystals turn? Thanks

King Julien

King Julien

The next question I have is usually how long does it take until the tricombs turn amber color? Do they always turn an amber color when they are ready to harvest or can they be cloudy and ready? Is it crucial to wait until this point or can they be harvested before the crystals turn? Thanks

It varies with different strains with indicas turning sooner and sativas turning later but AI is a heavy indica.

Your plants also look amazingly like mine in structure in places but mine are also an odd cross.

Really it comes down to preference. You want it a little more stoney and sleep inducing then wait a little longer and harvest after there are anywhere from 30-50% ambers. Most people don't like going past that.

You want it a little more energetic and cerebral then harvest when ambers are only in the 5-15% range and the rest are all cloudy.

In the end an indica will tend to be stonier and a sativa will tend to be more cerebral but people seem to like to harvest indicas a little sooner to keep their natural stoniness from being too much and harvest sativas later to keep their head effects from being too unbalanced and rushed.

With that AI I would suspect you should be getting ready to see perfectly ripe trich conditions somewhere in the 8-9 week range of flowering.

Harvesting before the trichs even start turning cloudy will result in subpar smoke that will have much lower THC and terpene content as well as tend to be a rushy/panicky high compared to the finished product.

Personally I'd wait until I saw around 10-15% amber and the rest 95%+ cloudy before harvesting that strain but that's just me.

One last note...Trichs can turn cloudy but the plant have a little ways to go yet and potency to gain. Trichs actually go through many phases as they grow but at the end they turn cloudy before swelling up at the top like a little mushroom. During that swell they increase greatly in potency and terpenes.

So as a rule of thumb you should always wait for some amber to appear to let you know that the cloudy trichs are actually mature. Unless you want to read up on and keep track of trichs very closely with a pretty decent magnification. Not really required. Just aim for 5-15% ambers with an indica and you can't tend to go wrong.

Leew421

Leew421

Honestly the biggest indication of doneness is the fade of the leaves. Drop the temps and move to just molasses and water. The leaves will fade out real pretty and fall like. The trichs can only be assessed properly under natural light. I got some pck that looked done at 6 weeks but I'm pushing it. My leaves are starting to fade and she's getting crazy swollen and super hard nuggets. It won't die overnight and the trichs won't all turn abmber overnight either. Let it ride out 9 weeks if you can.

Shrek84

Shrek84

It varies with different strains with indicas turning sooner and sativas turning later but AI is a heavy indica.

Your plants also look amazingly like mine in structure in places but mine are also an odd cross.

Really it comes down to preference. You want it a little more stoney and sleep inducing then wait a little longer and harvest after there are anywhere from 30-50% ambers. Most people don't like going past that.

You want it a little more energetic and cerebral then harvest when ambers are only in the 5-15% range and the rest are all cloudy.

In the end an indica will tend to be stonier and a sativa will tend to be more cerebral but people seem to like to harvest indicas a little sooner to keep their natural stoniness from being too much and harvest sativas later to keep their head effects from being too unbalanced and rushed.

With that AI I would suspect you should be getting ready to see perfectly ripe trich conditions somewhere in the 8-9 week range of flowering.

Harvesting before the trichs even start turning cloudy will result in subpar smoke that will have much lower THC and terpene content as well as tend to be a rushy/panicky high compared to the finished product.

Personally I'd wait until I saw around 10-15% amber and the rest 95%+ cloudy before harvesting that strain but that's just me.

One last note...Trichs can turn cloudy but the plant have a little ways to go yet and potency to gain. Trichs actually go through many phases as they grow but at the end they turn cloudy before swelling up at the top like a little mushroom. During that swell they increase greatly in potency and terpenes.

So as a rule of thumb you should always wait for some amber to appear to let you know that the cloudy trichs are actually mature. Unless you want to read up on and keep track of trichs very closely with a pretty decent magnification. Not really required. Just aim for 5-15% ambers with an indica and you can't tend to go wrong.

Shrek84

Shrek84

I flipped them on August 20th and experienced about a week or two of technical difficulties between lights not being set up correctly and the breaker to my grow room completely going out and my HPS light blowing up . So what’s that like 11-12 weeks flipped and minuse a week or two so that’s 9-10 weeks flipped? I’ve really just started noticing the trichs coming out like last week , I don’t smoke because of my job but my wife does . I think I’m getting impatient due to this and the fact that I have other strains I want to try out . Lol thanks for the tips !

Shrek84

Shrek84

Honestly the biggest indication of doneness is the fade of the leaves. Drop the temps and move to just molasses and water. The leaves will fade out real pretty and fall like. The trichs can only be assessed properly under natural light. I got some pck that looked done at 6 weeks but I'm pushing it. My leaves are starting to fade and she's getting crazy swollen and super hard nuggets. It won't die overnight and the trichs won't all turn abmber overnight either. Let it ride out 9 weeks if you can.
My leaves are starting to look like they have nutrient burn but I think it’s normal for the leaves to start to look like they are dying off in the end correct?

Top Bottom