Auto Flower Grow Advice

• Thread starter Snoleperd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Ok you really need to get this thru your head, or wrap you're mind around this concept, first I never heard of mills, you do not feed your auto until at least day 20, I do not feed my autos food they don't need it just base, until you switch over to bloom base and agent, I don't grow my autos like other people I do them right, so all you want is your autoflower to top (be fully grown) never mind the flower, if you do it right your auto should top off between day 40 and day 50 on average until then all you want to do is avoid problems, the most common mistake is overfeeding and burning, that's why I only use base not food I don't want to burn my auto,It Is That Fucking Easy thus only base, i never heard of mills i use fox farm ocean forest, I use botanacare pro food base, botanacare pro flower base +Atami bloombastic do not cut corners on dirt and nutrients, show me a pic at day 20 and I will tell you if they are ready to feed, Remember if you learn nothing else when growing autos go easy, easy easy, on nutrients or you will burn your plants I have seen this over and over, when adding any nutrients to an autoflower allways start at half recommend dose per gal and acclimate up. If you give an autoflower a full dose and she is not acclimated goodbye. Show me a pic at day 20, in the meantime just water. Your Friend.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I checked out mill, they sell bases b, this will be the base you use for both veg and flower, does there dirt contain food? If it does watch it if your dirt contains food like shitty miracle grow as soon as you add base you will burn your plants watch that!

Monster762

Monster762

4E9C20DC 6668 48C0 8AF6 7C43B823C9BD
4804FBE2 93DE 4B72 BC19 37FB38766824
I checked out mill, they sell bases b, this will be the base you use for both veg and flower, does there dirt contain food? If it does watch it if your dirt contains food like shitty miracle grow as soon as you add base you will burn your plants watch that!
They said using roots organics soil. Which is fertilized but not the time release balls like miracle grow. There is different roots organic soil mixes depends what # as to what’s in it. They all have guano and worm castings. So a little bit hot.

On another note. My autos.
The one stayed stunted but stupid stinky and very oily. The other has reached for the sky. Litterally. I’m now 7 weeks 2 days in on these.from seed. I’m figuring ignore breeder time all togaether and go by trichs once I get some buds built up. I did hit with advanced nutrients 3 part base 1 ml per l And a n bud blood for first time at 1 ml per l. I really haven’t needed to feed but discoloration started to show in leaves. It goes dry every day in 5 gal. Enough talking here’s the pics. Look sativa leaning for sure. I’m gonna rock em til trichs good.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I'm getting u mixed up with someone else, they told me tbey had 3 autos 3 days old and had asked me bow old they have 2 be before he could feed said he was useing mills products witch I never heard of.6u

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Ok you are 50 days in your plant has flower and has toped, now you want yield, the only way you are going to get it is you have to stop feeding her food and switch over to bloom base and agent, you allso have to change the spectrum of your light to bloom, this will increase your yield dramatically, if you can't change the spectrum of your light, flush out all the built up food add your base and enhancer I use Atami Bloombastic, start at 1 /2 recommended dose per gal until you know you are not burning your plants then a climate up, you don't want to burn your plants at this stage but by giveing your auto flower base and enhancer will still increase your yield and give your flower the structure it needs.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok you are 50 days in your plant has flower and has toped, now you want yield, the only way you are going to get it is you have to stop feeding her food and switch over to bloom base and agent, you allso have to change the spectrum of your light to bloom, this will increase your yield dramatically, if you can't change the spectrum of your light, flush out all the built up food add your base and enhancer I use Atami Bloombastic, start at 1 /2 recommended dose per gal until you know you are not burning your plants then a climate up, you don't want to burn your plants at this stage but by giveing your auto flower base and enhancer will still increase your yield and give your flower the structure it needs.
Ok I got 0-10-6 or 0-50-30 I hit with 0-10-6 day or 2 ago. My base is a 3 part advanced nutrients ph perfect. Are you saying only use the bloom part of base ? That is 1-3-4 npk ratio.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok I got 0-10-6 or 0-50-30 I hit with 0-10-6 day or 2 ago. My base is a 3 part advanced nutrients ph perfect. Are you saying only use the bloom part of base ? That is 1-3-4 npk ratio.
Oh and light spectrums been changed. Running 50% 6400k 50% 3000k bulbs in t5 now and cobs are heavy on the bloom side. I have the small one right in the t5s larger one is under 1200w cob with the whitefire alien. Just those 2 under that cob.

H

heisen

Take it with 2 grains.

3 grains,autos can be fed as soon as they hit the dirt.I put autos at 500 ppm in DWC at the second week and they LOVE it.
I think your issue with feeding young plants is your not giving them any light.yeah sure if you put a 40 watt CFL over any plant it's not gonna get hungry.i put 1000 watt HIDs over my autos right out the gate and they get hungry[/QUOTE]

D

D3NM4C.420

Snoleperd here, i grew photoperid plants 4 over 30 years, 4 the last 6 years just autos, autos are completely different animals from photoperid plants, if anyone needs help or advice just ask, your friend. SNOLEPERD
I've just got some LSD auto seeds for my first ever grow because online I read they were quite easy for a first timer... Is there any others you would recommend to try for my 2nd grow???

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

First off your wrong about my lights, I have a decent set California light works solar storm, second I feed my autos when they are under 10 days old, but just a little base no food and acclimate up, go ahead feed a sprout a full dose of food you will burn it just watch and if i had shitty lights I would not be able 2 do this. Purple kush auto by SNOLEPERD

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

Ok you really need to get this thru your head, or wrap you're mind around this concept, first I never heard of mills, you do not feed your auto until at least day 20, I do not feed my autos food they don't need it just base, until you switch over to bloom base and agent, I don't grow my autos like other people I do them right, so all you want is your autoflower to top (be fully grown) never mind the flower, if you do it right your auto should top off between day 40 and day 50 on average until then all you want to do is avoid problems, the most common mistake is overfeeding and burning, that's why I only use base not food I don't want to burn my auto,It Is That Fucking Easy thus only base, i never heard of mills i use fox farm ocean forest, I use botanacare pro food base, botanacare pro flower base +Atami bloombastic do not cut corners on dirt and nutrients, show me a pic at day 20 and I will tell you if they are ready to feed, Remember if you learn nothing else when growing autos go easy, easy easy, on nutrients or you will burn your plants I have seen this over and over, when adding any nutrients to an autoflower allways start at half recommend dose per gal and acclimate up. If you give an autoflower a full dose and she is not acclimated goodbye. Show me a pic at day 20, in the meantime just water. Your Friend.
First off your wrong about my lights, I have a decent set California light works solar storm, second I feed my autos when they are under 10 days old, but just a little base no food and acclimate up, go ahead feed a sprout a full dose of food you will burn it just watch and if i had shitty lights I would not be able 2 do this. Purple kush auto by SNOLEPERD
Did u scrog? Fim? Do you trim fan leaves below the canopy if they arent as healthy as new growth? I have heard anything that might shock is no good. So no topping but fim?

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

No scrog, left a few sets of fans low on that auto and pruned the rest of the crap away, yes you can and should prune your autoflower s when needed, I do 1 prune around day 30 to 35, and a last prune when i stop giveing food and switch over to blooming nutrients around day 50, all times are average times as they will vary from strain to strain but the average time it takes me is 72 days, I have gone as long as 100 days and harvested as short as 55 days but these were anomoleus.

H

heisen

No offense man but you give bad advice.Everyone's situation is different but you cant throw over a blanket statement and say you cant feed autos for 20 days.That doesn't even make sense.
Pants need light,food,water and Co2.Autos are still a C4 class cannabis plant.
I agree they may need slightly lower nutes but that figure is based on light intensity,humidity and so many other variables.You cant just say dont feed autos because they are autos
I start and feed my autos as soon as they crack.
Oct 4
20171004 1612291

Oct 14 10 days later.PPM is 550 and they get 1/3 strength everything from the jump
20171015 232040

These are 50 days old

20170709 013624

So yeah i think nute strength has everything to do with light intensity and humidity, that goes for for any plant,photo or auto.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

True, you can't throw a blanket over everything and everyone, but the main advice I give over, and over is go easy on nutrients, I have seen people burn there plants over and over and over, the second thing people don't understand is that to get any yield you have to switch over to bloom base and agent or your not gonna get shit, I personally and you have a perfect right to your opinion feel that these 2 points I am trying to make is not bad advice.

H

heisen

Heres some baby autos at a week old.All the time stamps on the pictures are correct.
2/8
20170208 211041

same plants on 2/22

20170222 205025

same one's 3/9 a little over 30 days old
20170310 003958

finished in 70 days from sprout and pulled almost 7 zips a plant.
I feed the autos a little less than the photos but not much.I also start them on 1/2 and 1/2 veg and bloom nutes after they crown there pistils.To much N during the stretch will cause them to be airy and stretch to much.
The proof is in the pics.Not made up fairy tales.

H

heisen

I appreciate your advice and you helping people.But saying not to feed plants cause they are autos is wrong IMO.I think every grower needs to figure out what works best for them.Every growers environment is different.
I think what works great for you may not work for them.If you can give some more data to back up the claims im all ears but growers need to know what and why they are giving there plants,Is it a deficiency or is it something being over done is the biggest screw up in a grow.
People need to be taught how to read the plants and they will tell you if there happy,if something is off.An experienced grower can read there plants and know when they have a problem and how to quickly fix it,
Formulas dont work for everyone.everyone needs there own formula.

H

heisen

Its in my signature,this was my last auto grow and killed it in a 4x5 with 2 315W CMH in DWC.If you read through it and tell me what i did wrong ill leave this forum and never come back lol.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

You have very nice plants, as far as burning it realy depends on the strain some are way more sensative than others, when i was growing my last plant I switched over from veg to flower i gave my plant what I was feeding a plant 2 weeks ahead and I burned her, bad, if I did not catch it I would have lost her, now when in bloom I may burn a leaf tip but this was bad, different strains different reactions, so the main advice I dispense is start at 1/2 recommended dose per gal and a climate up when you know how your plant reacts and you call this bad advice?

Top Bottom