Auto Flower Grow Advice

• Thread starter Snoleperd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Ok you really need to get this thru your head, or wrap you're mind around this concept, first I never heard of mills, you do not feed your auto until at least day 20, I do not feed my autos food they don't need it just base, until you switch over to bloom base and agent, I don't grow my autos like other people I do them right, so all you want is your autoflower to top (be fully grown) never mind the flower, if you do it right your auto should top off between day 40 and day 50 on average until then all you want to do is avoid problems, the most common mistake is overfeeding and burning, that's why I only use base not food I don't want to burn my auto,It Is That Fucking Easy thus only base, i never heard of mills i use fox farm ocean forest, I use botanacare pro food base, botanacare pro flower base +Atami bloombastic do not cut corners on dirt and nutrients, show me a pic at day 20 and I will tell you if they are ready to feed, Remember if you learn nothing else when growing autos go easy, easy easy, on nutrients or you will burn your plants I have seen this over and over, when adding any nutrients to an autoflower allways start at half recommend dose per gal and acclimate up. If you give an autoflower a full dose and she is not acclimated goodbye. Show me a pic at day 20, in the meantime just water. Your Friend.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I guess your right what works fine for me may not work for another beacuse of different circumstances and you are right you need to know how to read your plants and troubleshoot your own plants, this I do myself nor have I ever asked anyone for advice on growing autos, i just dont need any so heisenbubble i will as of now stop dispersing advice and wory about my own self.

H

heisen

I guess your right what works fine for me may not work for another beacuse of different circumstances and you are right you need to know how to read your plants and troubleshoot your own plants, this I do myself nor have I ever asked anyone for advice on growing autos, i just dont need any so heisenbubble i will as of now stop dispersing advice and wory about my own self.
That wasnt the point,The point is when offering advice why not teach them how to read there plants instead of just throwing out a base formula.Every circumstance is different and diagnosing issues can be very tricky.Ive saved my plants on more than one occasion becuse of fathom issues and so many other variables.
I think your a good teacher and admire your patience you have helping others on these threads.i just think you would be a better teacher if you gave more explanation to your methods instead of just throwing out set in stone formulas.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I am truly sorry but moderator thinks I dispense bad advice so I can't help you.

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

I would say that guys got it out for you, but it could go either way. I'm just along for the ride. I could use some advice though. Oh well....

N

No1up

Snoleperd here, i grew photoperid plants 4 over 30 years, 4 the last 6 years just autos, autos are completely different animals from photoperid plants, if anyone needs help or advice just ask, your friend. SNOLEPERD

Can more than one strain of auto be grown in the same DWC tub? For example, GSC and NL?

leamon

leamon

I have been in flower for a little more than a month, ready to water next time to start slowly adding black syrup.

leamon

leamon

IMG 20180512 181839
IMG 20180512 181834

leamon

leamon

I am planning to add black sugar to the watering after 30 days of flowering. I haven't tried this before. This is the first time.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Try auto ultimate by sweet seeds they say she will give up a key per plant.

justiceman

justiceman

For Snoleperd it makes sense that he doesn't add extra fertilizer inputs to Ocean Forest for the first 20 days or so as it's already filled with tons of readily available nutrients(organic matter that microbes have processed).
For Heisenbubble he absolutely needs to feed autos as soon as they hit the water because in DWC there is no food without the addition of hydroponic nutrients.

It's Soil VS Hydro. IMO they are two totally different things when it comes to a decision on nutrient applications.

I believe what we should all consider is not whether autos need food or not at the beginning of life, but how much and what kind of food is available as well as what kind of medium is being used :smoking:. So I guess what I mean to say is it depends..... hahahaha!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I am truly sorry but moderator thinks I dispense bad advice so I can't help you.
you are still missing what bubbleman is sharing with you. Heisen is giving good advice. shyt man he even gave you props and stated your a good teacher, all he was sharing is you could improve upon your style with some additional information. Can't you see that? or do you choose not to????

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
For Snoleperd it makes sense that he doesn't add extra fertilizer inputs to Ocean Forest for the first 20 days or so as it's already filled with tons of readily available nutrients(organic matter that microbes have processed).
For Heisenbubble he absolutely needs to feed autos as soon as they hit the water because in DWC there is no food without the addition of hydroponic nutrients.

It's Soil VS Hydro. IMO they are two totally different things when it comes to a decision on nutrient applications.

I believe what we should all consider is not whether autos need food or not at the beginning of life, but how much and what kind of food is available as well as what kind of medium is being used :smoking:. So I guess what I mean to say is it depends..... hahahaha!
I agree with your input as when using living soil (my own) or back in the day of FF and other soils I never added nutes for the 1st 3 weeks and always had good growth and never a nute defish. But in water media you can add nutes slowly especially if your using RO/ or DI water as this process strips all of the beneficial elements from the water as part of the RO process.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

Wow, but that was the point I was trying to make, all i want is to get my autos thru veg as quickly and painlessly as possible, with fox farms + added wormcaseings is more than enough to get me thru veg that is why I=Me only feed base, by day 50 at latest I flush out all the veg base and switch over to flower base and Atami bloombastic, I will never tell someone not to add food to there base but I = Me find this unnecessary, with the good dirt and base My plants do just fine but the moderator is right look I don't cut corners but what works fine for me may not be applicable to someone growing in a different medium.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, but that was the point I was trying to make, all i want is to get my autos thru veg as quickly and painlessly as possible, with fox farms + added wormcaseings is more than enough to get me thru veg that is why I=Me only feed base, by day 50 at latest I flush out all the veg base and switch over to flower base and Atami bloombastic, I will never tell someone not to add food to there base but I = Me find this unnecessary, with the good dirt and base My plants do just fine but the moderator is right look I don't cut corners but what works fine for me may not be applicable to someone growing in a different medium.
totally agree, lots of famers overfertilize due to the fact they haven't a clue what nutrients are in their soil, and that is due to not having a soil analysis done. Prepacked mixes can sustain cannabis at least 3 weeks/ or beyond in veg!!!!! This approach helps to leach/utilize the high N levels and when they hit flower you don't have to worry about overly high N levels in flower. Flowering plants need minimal N inputs, but they still need some.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I look at it this way, disregarding my yearly outdoors grow, for 6years and 3 days I have been growing auto under lights, I pretty much have these plants down to a science, but you have to look at it this way, if someone uses different medium, different base, different flower base, different flower agent, they are going to get a totally different result, I'm just trying to show other people how I=Me does an autoflower grow that's all, I don't tell others to do anything I do, if you need help or advice I will be more than glad to try and help of couse, but my autoflower plants are a separate thing from my yearly outdoors grow, I have grown photoperid plants for ever it's not big deal, but autos are different, everything about them is different but the reason I grow them is beacuse I love there speed doing a complete grow in 72 days is a blast, it lets you grow multiple strains fast giveing you an idea quicker about each strain, after awhile you get very good info on who is legit and who is not, some people don't like them and that's cool, but in reality I'm on a quest to find the perfect auto, I just today ordered auto ultimate a plant the breeder Dutch passion says it's possible to pull a key of 1 plant not that I believe it but I want to see, don't You? Anyway what I'm trying to say is the way I do things may not be the way others do things but thru 6 years of trial and error, 6 years buying autoflower seeds from multiple banks and breeders, I think I have a pretty good grasp of what's going on, your friend

justiceman

justiceman

I look at it this way, disregarding my yearly outdoors grow, for 6years and 3 days I have been growing auto under lights, I pretty much have these plants down to a science, but you have to look at it this way, if someone uses different medium, different base, different flower base, different flower agent, they are going to get a totally different result, I'm just trying to show other people how I=Me does an autoflower grow that's all, I don't tell others to do anything I do, if you need help or advice I will be more than glad to try and help of couse, but my autoflower plants are a separate thing from my yearly outdoors grow, I have grown photoperid plants for ever it's not big deal, but autos are different, everything about them is different but the reason I grow them is beacuse I love there speed doing a complete grow in 72 days is a blast, it lets you grow multiple strains fast giveing you an idea quicker about each strain, after awhile you get very good info on who is legit and who is not, some people don't like them and that's cool, but in reality I'm on a quest to find the perfect auto, I just today ordered auto ultimate a plant the breeder Dutch passion says it's possible to pull a key of 1 plant not that I believe it but I want to see, don't You? Anyway what I'm trying to say is the way I do things may not be the way others do things but thru 6 years of trial and error, 6 years buying autoflower seeds from multiple banks and breeders, I think I have a pretty good grasp of what's going on, your friend

I think there was really just a misunderstanding of terms. Nodbody is doubting your ability and knowledge about auto’s.

That being said have you grown Think Different? It has this amazing tropical smell too it. I enjoyed growing that one. I mainly grow photoperiods but an occasional auto here and there. They are pretty cool. Still looking to figure out who are the best auto breeders.

I liked Dutch Passion’s Think Different. I also grew out some Fast Buds LSD-25. The flowers were more airy than the TD but it was a fun solo cup grow grow off so I’m sure that played a role in flower formation since the LSD-25 was so restricted all its life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom