Autoflower Breeding 101

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

How about if I dust some autoflowering flower with reg pollen from a photoperiod male, the plant is a autoflowering plant that I got from putting fem photo pollen on a auto.

How many generations can I cross breed an auto with a photo before I get all or mostly photos from the seeds popped?

Will I get a different % of auto seeds this time since it is the second time I have bred in photo genes?

Last time I got 18 seeds and 4 or 5 were photos and the rest were autos.

P

Peaceful

I'm not sure I agree that using feminized seeds to breed with is a bad idea.. When you use a product that forces a branch on a healthy good pheno plant to form pollen sacks.. I find that 95-100% are stable genetics indoors.. If you happen to get a hermie from the seed or even clone it will happen between day 10-20 in flower.. If you carefully remove the pollen sacks before they open you will get a sensimilla crop every time if that is what your going for... Also in my experience with outdoor it is impossible to get a plant to hermie from feminized seed... Not sure why that is exactly but that is my 2 cents...

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hey guys

I wanted a place to discuss the finer points of breeding auto flowering plants and give everyone the opportunity to share their knowledge and experience.

Some topics I hope to talk about in this thread are genetics and how they are passed on, selective breeding, backcrossing, self crossing, stabilising a strain, punnet squares, etc...

If you guys have any questions or would like to share some knowledge feel free to jump right in!

I have been thinking of crossing nb an Indica and Ruderalis.

I'm not a grower yet. My first grow will be next February or March.

Right now trying to line up some seeds.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Awesome, great explanation. Would definitely like to read that thread.

Im looking to breed a CBD rich Autoflowering True OG & a CBD rich Autoflowering Sunset Sherbet (if I can somehow find these seeds available)

Thats exactly what i need. I use CBD rich Indicas. Would be nice to have what i need in an auto flower variety.

In8art

In8art

Hey @mancdank

I saw your post in the accurate info on autoflowers thread and I was not sure what you were asking but I am sure that you will let me know.

What project are you doing at the moment? do you want to breed an auto x auto or are you looking to turn a photo to auto by crossing them i.e. photo x auto?

some good fruity autos that I have personally tried are:

Kannabia - hobbit, there is a strawberry yogurt pheno in these seeds which is amazing!

Flash - cobra, not the best yielder but gives a lovely strawberry taste and aroma

Dinafem - fruit auto, it does what it says on the tin!

Dutch passion - blueberry, another winner from dutch passion a reliable powerful and flavoursome plant

Mephisto genetics - S.O.D.K., it stands for sour orange diesel kush. Mephisto are quite new but I have known all about these guys for years and have seen their development process so I wholeheartedly recommend them

I hope this helps
Will Mephisto deliver regular non-feminized seed?

Top Bottom