Autoflower clone success (not impossible)

• Thread starter Dr. Detroit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Adventure

I have another clone off her I have put into the same as her by putting it under the same 24/7 light too. It has bushed out exactly the same.
Just learning but I have only planted 60 day lemon seeds from DNA. If it isn't the auto it is supposed to be I'm happy. One seed has done me great so far.

A

Adventure

I'm planning on taking another tray and putting them straight in the ground as soon as they root. One seed

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok ,I think Dr Green thumb has a auto pakistani or something that you can keep under 24/7 and it stays in veg.
I looked at the 60 day lemon now and it's only 20% Ruderals,so maybe that's also what could be going on along with the light change.

But a true Auto will start to flower in the 3week of growth AUTOMATICALLY no matter if it's 24/7 lights.
STR8

A

Adventure

Whatever this plant is? It's the frigging bomb. Strong, fights bugs like a champ. Resinous stinky buds with that strong citrus skunk flavour. Beginners dream plant, indoor or outdoor.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

Yea no way it's a true auto. Light had no effect on true autos. They'll grow and finish wether it's on 24/0 or 12/12. I've never heard of what you're talking about @str8smokn . I'm glad she is a good tough strain for you. I've ran super autos that take 12+ weeks but they still don't care what the light cycle is.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I don't think you are trying to spread bullshit. I think we may have artificial light to outside light issues that may confuse someone into thinking their plant is an auto. We at the farm will be able to help you figure out what's going on, if you want to learn!
Realize that a 60 day auto is expected to sprout, grow and be harvested in 60 days...automatically...no matter what you do to the plant, short of killing it early. To say you have a 60 day auto alive for 6 months just doesn't make sense. Peace.
But is it true that you can take a 60 day auto and prolong veg another 10 to 14 days to get a bigger yield making it a 75 to 80 day plant by using nutes ??? Or is that wrong or unproven?

S

Stee86

I have asked a lot of people and other growers about cloning autos and they all say the same thing the cuttings either flower straight away or they die

A

Adventure

So I've finished up with the 60 day lemons. Clones all did great 4 to 6 oz each. Took more clones and are all vegging great under 24/0

Put mom to seed with with a heavenly blue which finishes in -60 days. All new to this but having a blast.

Kevrock73

Kevrock73

Why does everyone here demand pictures like it's 2004 and I'm an underage girl on Myspace? I'm not a high-tech guy, honestly. I don't even have a digital camera...

I was just given a public grow room, so I'm sure that some photos are inevitable now. It's only an 8' x 15', but there's a giant window for collective members to see the progress of the mothers and clones inside. I'm thinking of buying a gorilla mask.

You really do have to hawk your garden for this method to work. Even ten or twelve hours too late and you'll not get nearly any vegetative regrowth at all. You're basically just nurturing your cuttings at the exact point that they've received a strong "grow larger" signal from their growth hormones. You'll have a couple of weeks of vegetative growth if you've done it properly before the plant goes to bloom again.

The real breakthrough came when I realized that the autoflowering seeds that I've been working with weren't Ruderalis at all, probably; they're Indica's that have been early-selected for several generations. Age determinance isn't written in stone, so it's possible to trick the plants into going back into vegetative growth (for a bit at least) because they've got that photoperiod determinant gene locked hidden in their genome just waiting for exploitation.
B.S..period!!

janben

janben

Cloning autos is possible. Just do it like you would do it to photoperiod. Don't cut the upper branches because they are the most matured part of the plant. And do it before the branch have started flowering.

The new clone is not actually as old as the plant itself. This is because how the autoflower works: the top will complete first and the rest will take more time to complete. Last time I think I harvested 5 times my autos before cutting the plabt down. Got 50-100g per plant very good stuff.

Cloning autos can be beneficial too. If you let the lower branches be and cut the whole plant in one go, the lower branches doesn't have very big budsites. If you cut it 3-5 times, then the lower branches have time to become bigger. If you succeed cloning the lower branches they will have their own roots and energy source and can produce lot more on their own than being part of the mother. Even though they won't produce the same amount as the mother plant.

Now let's calculate. One of my autos gave me about 100g. It had 12 branches. Now if I had cut 4 of the lower branches and started to clone then my mother plant would yield only 67g (estimation could still produce 100g because the plant haven't stopped growing yet and can undo this damage). If all 4 succeeds and they will be 80% of the mother plant then every plant would produce 80g (wich I am not sure if the amount is right). I would have 4x80g+67g=387g from one auto and it's clones. Its worthwhile even if the clones produce 10g per plant(if all survives).

The cons of this is that it will take little more time and a lot of space. There is a risk that the cloning does not succeed and you have wasted your efforts. And for autos stress is bad.

As for why to do it I think that there are two reasons. Firtsly: Pure excitement of doing something new and practising your skills. Secondly: you want to give it to your friend or keep it to yourself because you don't have more seeds and have space to grow more.

I wouldn't do it because because of the space and time. I would plant 5 seeds and fill the space with those rather than one motherauto and her little babys because they will give more in smaller time. And there is no risks of stressing the plant too much.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Been there done that cloning works! Yields of cloned suck! No wY ur pulling 60-100 gs from s clone! So BS even if it’s wet weight! Don’t believe it !
If anyone knows it’s this cat ! @Edinburgh opinion ?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Autos have a limited life span, so your right you have to take your cut as early as possible, this will stress your original plant, and in my mind will suffer, i allways knew this was possible, but autos are not photos, you do not run them the same, and there expensive, since there so fast and touchy i just dont think it's worth it, this is my opinion but good job i allways thought possible but not worth the trouble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom